PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th December 2014

Dustykitten
Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 19 December 2014 at 12:01AM in Old style MoneySaving
Last full week before the big day - lots of flying to be done!

Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

There are 3 levels per day to suit how much time you have to spare. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up.

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom
15 minutes .....

Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away.
30 minutes to spare....
S&S downstairs loo
Last minute check on presents - have you got everything?
Hover and mop all of downstairs
Got an hour....
Dust all dusty areas
Straighten Christmas tree
HHI - especially for those on the challenge

Extras
Make space for new toys either by storing the old ones away for a while or collecting for charity/ebay/carboot in the New Year

Any decorations you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell.

Finish writing cards or give up on the idea of sending any

Tuesday - kitchen and dining room
15 minutes .....

Clear and sweep/mop/hoover the floors
Clear work surfaces and table
30 minutes to spare....
Wipe the work surfaces
Clear and clean window sills
15 minutes wiping anything that is grubby
Got an hour....
Wipe out the fridge, use up anything you need to
Put away anything on the worktops you don't need for the week to give space for cooking/serving
HHMe time before we run out of time
Extras:

Meal plan (noting the above) right up to the 27th if you can

Fill up your salt and pepper pots, have you got things like mustard, mayo, cranberry sauce etc? Do you have foil etc?

Is all you table linen ready for the big day, extra cutlery and plates clean and to hand, don't forget a pile of tea towels for your helpers!

Wednesday - Say your prayers today is all Upstairs
15 minutes .....

Declutter floors - either put away or into a box or bin bag so at least it's tidy
Change hoover bag and filters
30 minutes to spare....
Hoover/sweep/mop all upstairs
Clear and wipe the window ledges
Got an hour....
Strip, wash and remake all beds
HH Wrap or HHI
Dust all dusty bits

Extras
Water your tree - house plants if your tree is artificial!
Check any bills that need paying, allow extra time for the bank holidays
Do some baking

Thursday - Bathrooms
15 minutes .....

Clean the bath and or shower
Clean the toilet and sink, remember the pedestals (front and back)
30 minutes to spare....
Catch up on previous days' lists!
Wash towels, flannels, bath mats etc
Got an hour...
Eat a frog
Recycle any catalogues/magazines etc you have finished with
HHI
Wash the bathroom floor and the bath panel

Extras
Sort out the plan present drop offs, etc.

Check when the binmen are coming - or not as the case may be!

Flick through the TV guide and highlight anything you want to watch.

Friday - end of week round up
15 minutes .....

Tidy and put away anything you can
30 minutes to spare....
HHme time - could be your last chance for a while so enjoy
Got an hour...
Hoover high traffic areas
Shine the kitchen sink
Wipe over the hob
Clean out any pets/animal beds

Extras
Finalise food shopping lists
What jobs can be delegated over the weekend to family members?
More wrapping
The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 December 2014 at 1:26PM
    The following flyladies pledge to have their ironing baskets empty by Midnight on New Year's Eve:

Valli
    CyclingYorkie
    Mamaninie
    Elasticmoney
    Natty
    RebeccaHarris
    Dancemum
    Frizzle
    Ionafan
    Decogeco
    Mrs MP
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm in - thanks Dusty :A

Lots of fun at school this week - Mon = Nativity; Tues = Carol Service (with SA band); Weds = Christmas dinner and fun sing-along; Thurs = Party, Disco and visit from FC; Fri = fun and games!!

Hoover all of downstairs
    Dust all dusty areas
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Count me in for this week Dusty.. I really really need to get myself into gear especially as I have had a bit of got up and gone the last few days. Also a strict talking to from DH didn't really help matters - suffice to say he has given me one last chance (financially) before he "pulls the plug" so to speak!
    decogecko wrote: »
    He's home hungry and very wet but otherwise absolutely fine. He came back about 7.15 this morning.

From a very tired but very very happy and relieved Deco x
    So glad the little horror is home safe and sound with you. I bet he has had lots of cuddles over this weekend and is firmly grounded for the rest of his life :D

snow_laugh.gif Count me in for the ironing challenge :D Nice to see it is still going after all these years :D
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Thanks for respective lists Natty and Dusty and I'm in for most of this week, please (Tuesday and Thursday AMs being the exception).

:snow_laug I also need to be in for the ironing challenge please, but I'm hoping that there won't be too much to do as I've been advised to smoooooth the washed items out before putting them to dry. It's washday tomorrow, so here's hoping .......

Muddled through last week, but definately need to get my head round things as my intention is to have a visitable flat by or for the New Year.

Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom - don't have a downstairs (apart from a garage) so will do a bit in each room (minus kitchen) so that's bedroom, bathroom, sitting room and hall
    15 minutes .....
    30 minutes to spare....
    S&S downstairs loo
    Got an hour....
    Dust all dusty areas

Extras
    Make space for new toys either by storing the old ones away for a while or collecting for charity/ebay/carboot in the New Year

Any decorations you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell.

Will need to make an early start in the morning, so off to the Land of Nod *yawns*

Night all.

Rebecca
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm not going to be around until much later in the week, away with paid stuff. But MIL is taking over the captaincy and will probably have it more ship-shape than I ever do ;) she's even asked where the ironing pile is...
    Having said that, she may have poorly boy to look after - I've had to dose him up again tonight and he's coughing like I don't know what.
    Don't feel great leaving him, but he's in loving, capable hands.

I probably won't join in the ironing challenge either. I don't tend to do lots, so never is a big problem here. But I might find myself a challenge of sorts for my time off work. It may involve meal planning and kitchen cupboards...

Wishing all the poorlies a "get well soon" and everyone else a virtual mince pie.
    :santa2:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2014 at 11:00PM
    I was going to write my list with this but think I'll try and add to it tomorrow once I've had a decent nights sleep, but in the meantime :D

15 minutes .....

30 minutes to spare....
    S&S downstairs loo
    Got an hour....
    Dust all dusty areas
    - Have to put the darn thing up first, the tree is under the table waiting to be put together..

Extras

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :snow_laug:snow_laug

A little Christmas food purchased. Presents all bought and wrapped. Just neighbours' cards to do. Last fleabay parcels before the big day are ready for posting.

Fun day here. Ds2 was on one and threw the Christmas tree over.. Ds1 went to a party last night so has been begging to go to sleep since 4pm.

Thank you for the lists x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    How's the pudding looking Valli? I've probably mentioned before, I live behind the Distillery. Lovely stuff, although I've kind of knocked drinking on the head.

Frodders, your family does pop up in the most interesting places! Thoughts and prayers for the two boys you mentioned.

Tomorrow's listy is looking pretty groovy, and I've got to give both letting rooms quite a bit of attention, together with floors all over and the shower room needs a bit of a degrot. It's a busy week here, but nowhere near as busy as some other people have with work and children. I hope everyone's week goes calmly and smoothly as possible.

I hope Piggers is okay. It's all gone a bit quiet on the Pen front.
    Better is good enough.
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Thanks for be list!
    I'm in. Minimal flying tomorrow as paid stuff all day, then running and then more paid stuff in the evening. My hall is a complete tip so a good one to tackle!

Here is my list!

Count me in for ironing challenge ⛄️ Although we go away 23rd-29th so might have a very big basket ful when I get back. Will make sure the Basket is empty before I leave though!!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm in again this week, it will be interesting to see how I get on with my partial return to work and everything else at the same time.

We have had visitors all weekend so will need to batten down the hatches to get on with the flying this week, particularly the washing and ironing.

Have a good week all
    Gilly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family