13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Options

Comments

• dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd love to join in too please.
    I don't have a list of things to make as I tend to decide as I go along but have just finished off a knitted cable hat to keep me warm at rugby so
    1. knitted hat
    2. baby coat or cardigan
    and the rest I will have to think about.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • ReformedShopaholic
    Options
    Wanting to get on with the scrapbook today but cannot do any more until got photos copied. I have forgotten to take them with me the last two days when I have set off for work. (Putting them in my bag now so I can get them done tomorrow.)

Phoned about printer and they are going to send us a new printer head free. Although now so many test pages have been printed we are now nearly out of colour ink again :(
    Not working Tues or Wed so hope to have it all finished by then. I will upload some photos once its finished.

Nuttybabe - I do like those hats :)
    Maria- wow that is lovely.
    13 projects in 2013 0/13
  • mrshappy
    mrshappy Posts: 981 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Hi, can I join as well please?

At the moment I'm working on a crochet blanket for my nieces birthday and I have completed a blanket for my mum in the last couple of weeks.

I'm fairly new to crochet-took it up about 5 months ago after stopping smoking and have made a bundle of blankets, christmas decorations and hats, scarves etc.

So far my list looks like;
    1, Finish blanket for niece
    2, Finish blanket for myself-started in November
    3, Something mobiley for the kitchen, have seen a few ideas on Pinterest
    4, Lots of somethings for new niece or nephew arriving in August
    5, Something to send to new niece or nephew due in Feb, but in Australia
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone

Complete my other AOY letter O so that is that one off the list.

1. Calendars - at least 2 (one for me & one for my former mother in law) - complete :j
    2. AOY charity squares - letter O x 2 - complete :j
    3. Sandy Hook adult quilt squares x 6
    4. Sandy Hook wee girl quilt square x 1
    5. Sandy Hook quilt squares for school and hospital x 2
    6. Snow drop memorial stitches for my mum and her sisters x 4 - started
    7. Purple Work part 2
    8. Helen Phillips - Winter (from CSC)
    9. Helen Phillips - Spring (from CSC)
    10. Helen Phillips - Summer (from CSC)
    11. Helen Phillips - Autumn (from CSC)
    12. Blue Sampler (from Work) at least one part
    13. Maybe even start but definitely not finish Blackwork of the British Isles (it is 1m x 1.5m).

So here it is OO the two Os.

108_0576_zpse0e2f6bd.jpg

Excuse my knee :rotfl:

Starting on my snowdrops - need to get them done soon. Story behind snowdrops for those who might not of heard it. My grandparents would of been married 70 years in February if they were both still alive so I am doing the snowdrops for each of their daughters (my mum and her sisters) as a wee memorial. When my grandparents got married during the war they couldn't get a buttonhole for my grandfathers suit - so he went out to the garden and picked some snowdrops to use.

Keep well everyone, till next time.

sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Options
    Wonderful makes everyone, love Lets Sew maria...I will definitely have to stitch that!!

Been pretty busy the past week, both at work and home. I started my first lot of hand quilting on one project (not as bad as I feared!) and did some twin needle quilting on a cushion for DS2. Hope to post piccies soon....once I can find the camera!! :o

I have a lovely manic crafting day tomorrow: quilting group in the morning 25 miles away (will also do some IT work while there with client) hope to add piping to the cushion I am making; then my local quilting group in the afternoon where we will be starting a new project (another cushion). Finally, in the evening there is a Stitch and !!!!! session in a local pub...should be fun!!! Then I have 5 days in a row working in the shop...in charge for 5 weeks while boss is away. At least I can get some sewing done while there :D:D

Right, have to get back to the ironing...need more things to wear for the coming week :)

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • emmi_bush
    Options
    Bought a whole load of cheap-ish fabric yesterday when I visted my parents and let my mum choose the fabric for her bag so will have to start that soon. Need to get the motivation to get going with it though!
    Craft Busting
    Cards 21/50
    Gifts 11/20
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    finished the square i promised for the sandy hook quilts

ill post a photo later.

might do a bit of baby knitting while i decide what to stitch next

emmi cant wait to see what you produce with all that lovely sounding fabric.

keiss, you sound really busy but i bet the quilting is relaxing once you get into it, again cant wait to see photos

sweetcarer your stitchng always looks so neat. well done on finihsing another of your projects
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Scuff
    Scuff Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    IMG_4861_zps45508326.jpg

First project finished, next I'm onto a papercut for my friend's first wedding anniversary, will also update my list laters :)
    September 2016 GC £21.37/£120
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Scuff wrote: »
    IMG_4861_zps45508326.jpg

First project finished, next I'm onto a papercut for my friend's first wedding anniversary, will also update my list laters :)

Love this Well done on your first finish of 2013

Hello and welcome to all the newbies - this is a really interesting thread as there is such a variety of projects been made.

I am still working on my version of Let's Sew (the same pattern that Maria has completed but I'm using DMC Color Variations and hand dyed fabric so it will look at bit different).

I've also updated my project list as I have been asked to stitch a wedding ring pillow (needed for July so should be OK). I will probably start this once I have finished Let's Sew.

I'm up to date with the plan for stitching Stitcher's 12 Days of Christmas but need to make sure I stitch the February part.

However I am not on track with my sampler quilt as I had hoped to stitch the first block and instead have only managed to sort the strips. At least this piece doesn't have a deadline so I don't need to stress about it.

Looking forward to seeing more updates as we all make progress
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    scuff your owl looks lovely, well done on completing your first item.

FoS cant wait to see your lets sew. i love how the same design can be made to look unique by adapting the fabric and thread colours.
    after seeing marias im tempted to add that to my 'would love to do list' but im being good this year and using up what i have (for now anyway)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure