PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• (Thanks for that highland fling

Today I am writing my shopping list as there are a few things I really need now due to eating out of cupboards and freezer. However I am sticking to items I need and not items I want.

Can anyone remind me of the best site to compare supermarket prices on groceries?

Hope everyone has a good day.
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • thanks angelatgraceland have a few items I want to check the prices of before I decide which supermarket to visit.
    It takes a long time to eat an elephant and I'm doing it a bite at a time!!!
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Right, will update my sig in a min, we are up to £122. H2B kindly offered to do shopping on Friday night, I estimated it would cost about £20, he spent £38. Mostly on 'plastic' food like crisps. So obviously cannot take him up on offer to do shopping again. Grrr.

But we have some treats baked today, and we have enough meals to see us through. Will have to be a bit more careful for the second half of the month as it's a bit longer than normal. March sucks for length, but my daffs are poking their heads through the gravel at last!!
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Just popped in to catch up on the posts. Angelatgraceland, ChocClare I have used the arrowroot to make the trifle jelly and to be honest I think I have overdone it! The packet says use one rounded tablespoon per 1/4 pt of liquid so I used 3 for 3/4pt which was a bit too much as it went very gloopy. However, it appears to have set ok and I am just off to finish it with the custard and double cream. The family are arriving in about an hour. I will drop in this evening and let you know what they thought!

I have usually only used arrowroot as a glaze when making a fruit sponge so this will be interesting!

Enjoy the day everyone - lovely and sunny here but cold!

Moniker
  • lizzyshep
    lizzyshep Posts: 255 Forumite
    Well, I'm almost half way through my grocery budget and still 3 weeks to go - this is going to be tough! Maybe I should have allowed a bit extra for this month, since it's almost a 5 week month for me. I'll see how I do though, even if I go over a bit it's bound to be better than Feb!
    April Grocery Challenge: £80/£64.39
    March No Spend Days: 15/7
  • Sig updated to add another £2.55 spent in A**i on some of the super six veg. 10kg pots for 98p!! Amazing value.
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Just been having a look at THIS :eek: Scary huh?
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Keiss: yes as my name suggests I am also Scottish. I hope your son is sponsored now to help with the financial burden of the training regime. Petrol alone, to run him to his fixtures, must be a major expense and that is not to mention diet and entry into swimming pools etc. However how proud your family and friends will be when they watch him playing in his Scotland jersey.:j
    The SRU pay expenses when we take him up to Scotland...not sure about elsewhere...things might change now he is in the national team. Yet another thing to find out!

You are right about feeling proud of watching DS2 play. DH will see him play next weekend, against a Borders Select team in Peebles. I will see him the next weekend playing aginst Newcastle Falcons u-17s, at Murrayfield! It will be at one of the back pitches...but I never thought this would ever happen!! You never know....he could end up playing on the main pitch one day!!! ;)

Right, off to have a go at mending DS2's school PE bag...the zip is coming away from the material...I have some strong cotton tape I can use to strengthen the join...so have to get out the sewing machine this afternoon!

Hope you have a great Sunday everyone...another lovely sunny day here.

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Just been having a look at THIS :eek: Scary huh?

Party politics scare-mongering? At least I hope so!!

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all, seems ages since i last posted on here.
    Have spent around £50 this week, £18 at Mr T, £19 (Although only half of this is ours) on a approved food order and the rest was spents at Mr M this morning.

For anyone thats interested the are selling Cravendale 2l 2 for £2.50. Offer finishes on 14/3/10.

Felix cat food pouches are on offer 3 boxes(12 puoches per box) for £7.

Signature updated
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure