Ryanair - New Check In Rules

Apologies in advance as this has already been done to death but just a quick check on the new rules as stated below...

Important Information For All Passengers Booking from 21st May 09:
All passengers must check-in online and print their boarding pass prior to arrival at the airport.
If you do not check-in online you will be required to pay the relevant fee to re-issue your boarding card at the airport.(Euro 40/ GBP 40), This facility is available up to 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure
All passengers (including infants and domestic flight passengers) are required to hold a valid passport or valid national identity card. (Driving Licences are no longer accepted)
All Non EEA/EU passengers are required to present their online boarding pass and passport at the Visa/Document Check Desk (irrespective of their visa requirements) for validation BEFORE going through security or travel will be refused. Visa/Document Check Desk close strictly 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure.
Passengers travelling with checked luggage will be required to present their online boarding pass and checked baggage at the airport bag drop desk at least 1 hour prior to departure (bag drop desk will close strictly 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure).
Ryanair no longer accept bookings for unaccompanied minors (under 16 years old).
Online check-in is available from 15 days up to 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. (Once you have checked in online your boarding pass can be reprinted up to 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure)

Now I thought that driving licenses weren't accepted as from October as per:
A valid driving licence with photo is an accepted travel document on domestic flights but can only be used if checking in at the airport. A driving licence is NOT accepted when using online check-in
PLEASE NOTE – passengers making new bookings from the 20th May 2009 onwards will no longer be able to select to check-in at the airport and therefore will be unable to book flights and use their driving licence as photo-id.
From the 1st October 2009 driving licences will NO LONGER be an acceptable travel document on Ryanair flights

So how can you still use a driving license up until 1st October yet not use airport check in or book a flight? Sorry this is just confusing the hell out of me!

Comments

• mira666
    mira666 Posts: 236 Forumite
    I think what they are aiming at is as long as you book BEFORE the 21st May, then you can still use Driving License's as acceptable I.D up until the 1st October. Any Bookings made from 21st May onwards will not be able to use driving license's as acceptable I.D.
    Cambridgeshire Based Photographer

Positive thinking will get you everywhere
  • I have a flight tomorrow am and went to check-in online, and driving licence was only not available on the drop-down list of ID's. My booking was made after 20 May and unfortunately i do not have my passport with me. As the website states that From the 1st October 2009 driving licences will NO LONGER be an acceptable travel document it obviously means they are still accepting it in some shape or form.

Can anyone figure think of a creative way to get on the flight?!
  • siculster wrote: »

Yes. It's called obtaining your passport.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • mira666
    mira666 Posts: 236 Forumite
    siculster wrote: »
    I have a flight tomorrow am and went to check-in online, and driving licence was only not available on the drop-down list of ID's. My booking was made after 20 May and unfortunately i do not have my passport with me. As the website states that From the 1st October 2009 driving licences will NO LONGER be an acceptable travel document it obviously means they are still accepting it in some shape or form.

yeah, purely on bookings made prior to 20th May as all bookings from then on are online bookings only and these will NOT accept driving license's as proof of id.
    Cambridgeshire Based Photographer

Positive thinking will get you everywhere
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family