Asda Card Points

Hello

I'm looking at getting a new reward credit card and have been trying to do some research myself.

I do most of my supermarket shopping in Asda and therefore have been looking at their Reward Card.

The problem is I know you can earn points towards vouchers in November each year but I can't seem to find how many points you earn per £ you spend or how much in vouchers these equate too.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

Marcus

Comments

• Rob_07
    Rob_07 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 May 2009 at 5:07PM
    Hi,
    I have got the ASDA everday credit card which i no longer use due to them cutting the discount on petrol from 2p to 1p but anyway im sure the rewards system is the same on this card as the new reward card that they offer, for every £4 you spend you get 1 point and 1 point = 1p. The vouchers that they give in november are in multiples of 50p so if you have 49 points for instance you get nothing and they don't carry the points forward.

So in order to get 50p you need to spend £200.

I'm pretty sure that the system is still the same, but you are probably best double checking.

Hope this helps
    Rob

EDIT: Just looked into this for you, the new reward card is slightly different from the one that i have got for purchases in ASDA you earn 2 points for every £4 and outside of ASDA you get 1 point for every £4 so spend £200 in ASDA get £1 in vouchers and £200 outside get £0.50p.

Rob
  • steve_gb
    steve_gb Posts: 49 Forumite
    Thanks Rob i have done a bit of research myself and just got off the phone from ASDA (well the indian call centre that is owned by ASDA)

The new reward card that they offer, Normaly for every £4 you spend you get 1 point and 1 point = 1p. =0.25%

Quadruple points are earned for the first 3 months and every December when you shop at ASDA so £4 = 4p = 1%

Double points are earned everywhere else you use your card for the first 3 months and each and every time you shop at ASDA. so £4 = 2p = 0.5%And you’ll earn single points every time you use your card outside of Asda.

So in order to get 50p you need to spend £200.

Dont forget this isnt a normal "reward" card like Tesco club points or Nectar it is a credit card and In my view using a normal 1% cashback credit card for all your purchases will be financially more beneficial.
    Steve_gb :beer:

Debt free apart from mortgage have a few investments and saving for retirement :eek:
  • Karl.H_2
    Karl.H_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    1 point for every £4 spent is ridiculous. Not carrying balances forward to next statement doesn't seem fair. Although, ASDA is much cheaper than other supermarkets so there would be no point in visiting, say, Sainsbury's or Tesco to collect their generous looking point scheme.
    "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
    - Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Collect cashback instead, you can spend it anywhere - full list of cards on the stoozing site. Egg Money card has been relaunched but with a £1 per month fee, so you need to spend more than £1,200 a year to cover the cost. With a maximum of £200 per year, a profit of £188 can still be had for new customers.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • Karl.H_2
    Karl.H_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    I agree. Try and apply for a cashback CC and put all your spending on it (expect purchases that incur a charge). I didn't realise Egg started charging. Thanks for the information.
    Good luck.
    "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
    - Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)
  • johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Karl.H wrote: »
    1 point for every £4 spent is ridiculous. Not carrying balances forward to next statement doesn't seem fair. Although, ASDA is much cheaper than other supermarkets so there would be no point in visiting, say, Sainsbury's or Tesco to collect their generous looking point scheme.

Sure about that my shopping is never been cheaper at Asda my brothers is cheaper at sainsburys and mine is at Tescos for everyday products check before you post never beleive the tv adverts Aads'a own brand food made me ill never been back again
  • dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Who knows! maybe it was true 18 months ago when the post you were commenting on was originally posted.

In terms of shopping if I shop via Mysupermarket (which I presume you do as you say so conclusively that your shopping is cheaper) with store specific offers at Tesco it always works out cheaper than the comparison with Asda/Sainsbury, similarly the same when I shop at Asda/Sainaburys (it works out cheaper).

But on average my weekly spend is lower on the 'trolley' from Asda.

In terms of their own brands making you feel ill, had a friend who bought a chicken from Sainsburys, when they cut it open it was green, you can get dodgy food that has been incorrectly stored from any supermarket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure