PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Gluten Free Bread Recipe For Low Fodmap Diet

Hi

I am following a diet called low Fodmap, one of the things I cannot eat is regular bread, I can have gluten free, but it is so expensive in the supermarkets and not really that nice, please could someone help with a tried and tested gluten free bread recipe? I don't have a bread maker, I have tried one recipe I found online and it was a disaster, the inside resembled brick dust and it was rock hard on the outside :(

Thanks

Comments

• claire1a
    claire1a Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Be very careful with gluten free packaged bread as they often contain apple juice or fibre therefore it's out of the fodmap diet!!!

If you buy doves gluten free bread flour they have recipes on the side. Do you have a breadmaker?

I have just started this diet and have so far only made bread in my breadmaker but am going to try pizza bases this weekend. The bread is okay but better toasted!!! Not great for a sandwich!

You can also make your own gluten free wraps really easily too!
    No longer Debt free
    EF - £525.27/£1000 New York £0/£1500
    SCC- £3000 SL overpayment £2500 M+D - £4000
  • I've been following the FODMAP diet for 6 months now after my gastroenterologist sent me to see a dietician. I dont know if you have all the literature but you can have spelt flour. This is what I make my bread from. It's not gluten free, but is a different 'make-up' to normal wheat. Easier to digest and with more protein.
    Good luck with the elimination diet - I found it really hard at first, but try to stick to it as much as possible.

Let me know if you have any other queries on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure