'Do you support Wednesday's strike?' poll

15678911»

Comments

• I work in the private sector and am currently seeing what I contribute increase from nothing to 5% whilst at the same time seeing my retirement age extend from 60 to 65. Am I happy about this no - am I realistic about what I get back yes. I know I am lucky to have a far better pension than a vast number of people working in the private sector on modest wages where their employers make no provision or contribution to a pension for their workers. In an ideal world we would all have bigger and better pensions but we live in a real world! I might be missing something but the government is borrowing £bns every month, has anyone seen what is happening in Greece and other countries? people do live longer, investment returns are down the world is changing and we should all be responsible.
  • 54druids
    54druids Posts: 516 Forumite
    crompy wrote: »
    I work in the private sector and am currently seeing what I contribute increase from nothing to 5% whilst at the same time seeing my retirement age extend from 60 to 65. Am I happy about this no - am I realistic about what I get back yes. I know I am lucky to have a far better pension than a vast number of people working in the private sector on modest wages where their employers make no provision or contribution to a pension for their workers. In an ideal world we would all have bigger and better pensions but we live in a real world! I might be missing something but the government is borrowing £bns every month, has anyone seen what is happening in Greece and other countries? people do live longer, investment returns are down the world is changing and we should all be responsible.

Could not have put it better myself. Erm Hello Public Sector workers, look around you, do you think you are the only ones in the situation you are in? Your strike leaves me so angry. Having struggled with our business for the past 3 years and ploughed all of our savings and our future inheritance as well as some of our parents savings(never mind pension) into keeping our company going and keeping people in jobs, it sickens me to hear of your selfishness. Yes, i realise it is not as one person on the tv said "what she signed up for" but this situation is not what any of us signed up for. Be thankful you have a job, a roof over your head and food on the table of some description. Perhaps the private sector should go on strike - oops sorry there are no hostages or pawns for us to use to facilitate our ransom demands. And as for suing Jeremy Clarkson, well I have to ask myself where would the money for that legal team come from. I do have sympathy for you all but no more than i have for every one else in the whole country at the moment. What we need is solidarity not strike, lets have a march to show how united we are to get through this or is that too positive a move?
    Smile though your bank is breaking:)
  • 54druids wrote: »
    Could not have put it better myself. Erm Hello Public Sector workers, look around you, do you think you are the only ones in the situation you are in? Your strike leaves me so angry. Having struggled with our business for the past 3 years and ploughed all of our savings and our future inheritance as well as some of our parents savings(never mind pension) into keeping our company going and keeping people in jobs, it sickens me to hear of your selfishness. Yes, i realise it is not as one person on the tv said "what she signed up for" but this situation is not what any of us signed up for. Be thankful you have a job, a roof over your head and food on the table of some description. Perhaps the private sector should go on strike - oops sorry there are no hostages or pawns for us to use to facilitate our ransom demands. And as for suing Jeremy Clarkson, well I have to ask myself where would the money for that legal team come from. I do have sympathy for you all but no more than i have for every one else in the whole country at the moment. What we need is solidarity not strike, lets have a march to show how united we are to get through this or is that too positive a move?

Idiot, need i say more
  • 54druids
    54druids Posts: 516 Forumite
    Idiot, need i say more
    Well actually you do! (guessing you are a public sector worker - am i right?) Well, try being my position. Lost our business 2 months ago but before it went made sure that all the staff got paid and also get employment even though we are only a small company (we put their needs before ours) Lost everything we had bar the house, that includes our future inheritance, our childrens inheritance, our ability to pay our pension, my kids have lost their father and i have lost my husband as he now has to work away so that we can just about make ends meet which we arent doing very well at the moment so the house may go next year. We are trapped as if we sell the bank will take what little equity there is left in the house since most of it went into the business. Ooh did i not mention the bank, well, we still have that to come when they come knocking on our door for thousands. I didnt sign up for that either and neither did my husband and children so perhaps you would now care to elaborate on why you think I am an idiot!
    Smile though your bank is breaking:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport