FREE baby clothes and equipment ONLY for parents on a low income

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

What's the deal?

CareConfidential, which is part of the CARE charity, offers free baby clothes and equipment to those on genuine low incomes. Around 60 crisis pregnancy centres around mainland UK are involved, and eligibility is worked out on a case-by-case basis.

If this is for you, click the link below for the list of centres. Opening times are generally very limited, so phoning your local centre first's a must.

Thanks to discobaby for the post.

Back to the original post....

http://www.careconfidential.com/Services/FreeClothes.aspx

this is a list of genuine services in local areas if anyone is on a very low income, I hope this helps somebody :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• wideboy1
    wideboy1 Posts: 257 Forumite
    nice find...
    WideBoy JR

Was in debt till i won the lottery

:A 5 plus the bonus :A
  • It might also be worth contacting your local Sure Start centre. I know our local one has loads of baby clothes and equipment donated to them that they can't rehome! :confused:
    Mum of 7 (aged 14y to 1y)
    loving SW - 5st off and counting! :j
  • Well done ... great find, i am a single parent so w=this will really help... plus there is a clinic not too far from me in huddersfield that i did not no even exsisted :)
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • this is strange as i went pass this clinic the other day and thought were did that spring up from
    the one in hudds that is
    now i no
    thanks to OP:j
  • hey someone post this on the site where that poor girl is waiting to be housed she is in a drop in place now.. I can not remember where the site is. She would need it and thanks for posting it. Taffy
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    discobaby wrote: »
    http://www.careconfidential.com/Services/FreeClothes.aspx

this is a list of genuine services in local areas if anyone is on a very low income, I hope this helps somebody :)
    I am not passing judgement but wanted to make people aware this is an antiabortion prolife group.
    Booo!!!
  • sara1980
    sara1980 Posts: 228 Forumite
    It might also be worth contacting your local Sure Start centre. I know our local one has loads of baby clothes and equipment donated to them that they can't rehome! :confused:

I'm on the Parent's Forum at my local sure start centre & we asked about donating old clothes & equipment a while ago & were told we can't do it.
    I think it was more the equipment, as it would be 2nd hand and we would be held liable if a child were to have an accident due to a fault on the item.

Where is your local sure start ? It might be worth me bringing this up again in our next meeting
  • Good morning all, I would like to do a quick response to Violetta, regarding the above site, I am a volunteer for one of the care confidential centres and would like to say that saying that they are a anti Abortion prolife group makes them sound very harsh, in fact these centres offer free pregnancy tests and counselling to anybody that wants it, they do this in not a forceful way but in a kind and generous way, they offer a free choice for any one and want to help them whatever they choose to do with their pregnancy, ladies can even return if they decide to have an abortion and feel that they need help with counselling afterwards, hope that this helps gives people a better first hand experience about what care confidential is all about

many thanks for reading

Dogflyinghigh
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Violetta wrote: »
    I am not passing judgement but wanted to make people aware this is an antiabortion prolife group.

What a lovely initiative to give families practical help to continue with a pregnancy when financial worries may sway them to abort their unborn! I hope this offer is not abused then as it is a really great idea:T :T :T
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Good morning all, I would like to do a quick response to Violetta, regarding the above site, I am a volunteer for one of the care confidential centres and would like to say that saying that they are a anti Abortion prolife group makes them sound very harsh, in fact these centres offer free pregnancy tests and counselling to anybody that wants it, they do this in not a forceful way but in a kind and generous way, they offer a free choice for any one and want to help them whatever they choose to do with their pregnancy, ladies can even return if they decide to have an abortion and feel that they need help with counselling afterwards, hope that this helps gives people a better first hand experience about what care confidential is all about

many thanks for reading

Dogflyinghigh
    I did say I wasn't being judgemental, I hadn't heard of the group prior to this thread so I googled it ( 6 month's ago) and there were a few entries in google that showed that they were anti abortion, apologies if they are not, or that my post was misleading.
    I am all for women being supported in any way possible.
    Booo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport