PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

meat and vinegar

Options
as well as being great for tenderising cheaper cuts of meat vinegar will get rid of most bacteria if used to wash meat before cooking, especcially with chicken

Comments

• Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed, as long as you like pickled meat. The cooking itself should get rid of all bacteria, esp on chicken which cannot be eaten raw, so no need for the vinegar.
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ET03 wrote:
    as well as being great for tenderising cheaper cuts of meat vinegar will get rid of most bacteria if used to wash meat before cooking, especcially with chicken

I never knew this? Does it make the meat taste of vinegar?
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    I would imagine that the vinegar would evaporate as it is reasonably volatile, but I havent tried it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure