DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

fermi
fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
edited 12 July 2015 at 9:50AM in Debt-free wannabe
Sazzie23 wrote: »
Welcome to the DMP mutual support thread.

Here you can find help in starting and running your DMP, self managed, Stepchange, Payplan and any other DMP all welcome here. There is help on getting interest and charges stopped, how to start with an emergency fund, defaults, token payments and lots more.

If you are in a DMP or thinking of one, this is the place to be. We are a non judgemental and all questions welcome.

Once again the old thread was getting a bit large, so here is a fresh thread. :)

The previous thread can be found here: Click ---> DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Or click here for the last page of posts on the old thread. ---> Last Page

Sazzie23's fantastic post of the month winning post from the previous thread is repeated below.

Best wishes with the DMPs everyone. :)
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Bump for new thread. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Thanks Fermi. Xxx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Oh dear think I made a bit of a boo boo. I sent letters off to creditors but just posted them. Should have sent them registered shouldn't I? Should I redo them and send them registered? What a plonker!
    £12,432 - debt free February 2018 :j
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Oh dear think I made a bit of a boo boo. I sent letters off to creditors but just posted them. Should have sent them registered shouldn't I? Should I redo them and send them registered? What a plonker!

Wont make a shred of difference, mail to large companies is delivered in bulk, so wont usually be signed for anyway.
    Registered mail is "supposed" to be delivered separately, but usually ends up with the bulk mail (ex PO worker).
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sourcrates, thank you. You've put my mind at rest. Brilliant.
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh dear think I made a bit of a boo boo. I sent letters off to creditors but just posted them. Should have sent them registered shouldn't I? Should I redo them and send them registered? What a plonker!

Hello Timetosayenough
    I wouldn't resend either, I have actually contacted my creditors through the online banking secure message, I prefer this as they respond within a few days. I have also printed copies of the messages just incase they disappear for any reason.

Sourcrates - I love how you are around to give everyone advice, you are very quick to respond to people on these forums offering your help and knowledge, I appreciate it :-)
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • Hi Kidd,

Thanks. Can I ask what is online banking secure message?

Also Sourcrates said to me last week to trust him and just want to say I do 100%. All you lovely people on here are so helpful and friendly. It makes me feel less like an idiot for getting myself into this mess so thank you all. x
  • patch22
    patch22 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi all, hope you've had a nice weekend.

Thanks for the lovely shiny new thread. Sazzie, that post is amazing! Like a warm comforting hug and it's just what I need at the moment so thank you

Not too much to report here at the moment. Had a text from StepChange last week to say the dmp has been set up so we're all ready to go for 1st August. Just waiting now to see if it's accepted by creditors - fingers crossed! Think we've done all we need to with token payments and letting creditors know what's happening. I've felt such a range of emotions over the last few weeks but am feeling calmer (for now!).
  • KID77
    I pay or used to pay my creditors online and they have a facility to medsage through their website. Its like an email but I find it easier and they always respond. I know Barclaycard and MBNA have this messaging system for sure so imagine others do too.
    Yes Sourcrates has answered questions of mine and when I read other posts on MSE he often pops up helping people, its great to have advice from people who have been in similar situations.
    xx
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
  • KID77
    Hi Patch
    I agree on emotions and I still think about debt 24/7, not as worried as i was before starting dmp but it still conerns me obviously.
    I started mine July 1st and have heard back from all creditors confirming they accept plan and agreed to freeze interest. So as far as dmp plans go, its going well so far.
    Good luck and keep us posted
    xx
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts