IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Aldi

Comments

• Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    susieQ wrote: »
    I have today(6th Jan) received one of these Parking Eye charge notices for £60, which increases to £120!! if not paid before 13th Jan. This would not give sufficient time to appeal prior to paying and it specifies that once you have paid you 'have accepted the breach of terms and conditions for parking in the named car park'. It also states that they charge an extra £2.50 for paying by card and that if you overpay they will not refund the excess!! What a bunch of crooks..............
    My only worry is that if I do not pay I will never be able to park in the same car park again for fear of being clamped. Has anyone continued to use their car parks even after refusing to pay a charge?

Yes - I've posted on a separate thread on this board about my experiences with Parking Eye. An organisation I'm involved in uses a hotel for meetings and the hotel has 'employed' PE to 'manage' their car park. Got a ticket off them in the first week of the scheme, came on here, saw all the advice and ignored all their "warnings". We still use the same venue without any hindrance.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well its over six months since I last heard anything from these jokers.
  • susieQ_2
    susieQ_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Many thanks to all the helpful folk who have given me the confidence to ignore this demand!
  • pogofish wrote: »
    Well its over six months since I last heard anything from these jokers.

Are you sure? Surely you have been given at least two dozen CCJs and your 'fine' is now greater than the National Debt! Have you any furniture after the 'bailiffs' paid you a visit?
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • I have been hounded by ParkingEye for weeks. I parked in a car park in the Lake District and the payment machine was out or order, it was rejecting my coins, I put a wee notice in my car to indicate my reason for not purchasing a ticket. I left the car park but went back approx 1/2hour later to attempt to pay again but machine still the same. Weeks later I got a Parking Charge Notice from them for £60 increasing to £120 if I did not pay by a certain date. I wrote explaining why I couldn't buy a ticket but this was not accepted, they wanted proof. As I had none I tried to explain that there are others surely that could confirm my story. No use they then threatened me with bailliffs.
    I wrote again and again but no use they were not moving.
    I then spoke to a traffic warden who said ignore, do not pay. They will continue to demand payment but under no circumstances was I to pay or even reply. So that is exactly what I intend doing. If I had illegally parked and made no attempt to pay then I would indeed have stumped up, but I knew I wasn't able to buy a ticket so I felt it was an injustice.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    We got a 'fine' from parking eye today. My dh parked there and was in the Aldi store just over an hour because of a very, very long queue with only one checkout open.
    Thanks to the advice on here, we are going to trust you and ignore them. Thank you.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    klawd wrote: »
    I have been hounded by ParkingEye for weeks. I parked in a car park in the Lake District and the payment machine was out or order, it was rejecting my coins, I put a wee notice in my car to indicate my reason for not purchasing a ticket. I left the car park but went back approx 1/2hour later to attempt to pay again but machine still the same. Weeks later I got a Parking Charge Notice from them for £60 increasing to £120 if I did not pay by a certain date. I wrote explaining why I couldn't buy a ticket but this was not accepted, they wanted proof. As I had none I tried to explain that there are others surely that could confirm my story. No use they then threatened me with bailliffs.
    I then spoke to a traffic warden who said ignore, do not pay. They will continue to demand payment but under no circumstances was I to pay or even reply. So that is exactly what I intend doing. If I had illegally parked and made no attempt to pay then I would indeed have stumped up, but I knew I wasn't able to buy a ticket so I felt it was an injustice.

Can I make a couple of points? If that guy wasn't working for the council he wasn't a "traffic warden", he was a low-paid employee of the parking company. Even if you had not paid you would not have parked "illegally", as parking laws do not apply to private car-parks. You are now doing the correct thing by ignoring these people. They will soon lose interest in you.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2011 at 12:31PM
    I have been hounded by ParkingEye for weeks. I parked in a car park in the Lake District and the payment machine was out or order, it was rejecting my coins, I put a wee notice in my car to indicate my reason for not purchasing a ticket. I left the car park but went back approx 1/2hour later to attempt to pay again but machine still the same. Weeks later I got a Parking Charge Notice from them for £60 increasing to £120 if I did not pay by a certain date. I wrote explaining why I couldn't buy a ticket but this was not accepted, they wanted proof. As I had none I tried to explain that there are others surely that could confirm my story. No use they then threatened me with bailliffs.

You have only been 'hounded' because you perceive it that way. I am not saying their threatogram letters are OK, far from it, what I am saying is you just need to change your perception of these letters and start ignoring them confidently.

They are funny! Laugh at them as each fully-expected letter arrives, they really are hopeless and predictable. What on earth are you doing reading the letter and thinking they are going to involve bailiffs? None of their letters actually say that, none of them have that wording, a company cannot just 'send a bailiff round'! They need to actually win a Court case first - and that's very difficult when you consider that Parking Eye NEVER do Court.

Click on the link in my signature to read the current posts on this board, there are LOADS like yours, all ignoring. Read the stickies by Crabman 'PPC letters, what to expect' and 'read this before posting' so you know which letters will arrive and so you can see the Watchdog legal advice linked to those stickies. There are also lots of threads about Parking Eye, have a read of some.

Relax. This is NOTHING to get het up about. Tell your friends about this generic scam run by a cowboy industry, be confident, stop writing to the wasters. Be ready for each letter, and file it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Parking Eye letters = chocolate fireguard.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    "I wrote explaining why I couldn't buy a ticket but this was not accepted, they wanted proof. As I had none I tried to explain that there are others surely that could confirm my story. No use they then threatened me with bailliffs"

"I wrote again and again but no use they were not moving"..

Hence the reason they are best ignored from the outset. They must have known full well the machine was not working yet still try and intimidate you.

Don't worry about the threat of bailiff's they cant do it!

Seeing its Parking Spy then you can safely ignore all further correspondence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure