PPI reclaim - But I dont know the account numbers

Hi

I am in the process of trying to Reclaim PPI from my store cards and an old loan from welcome finance.

The old loan from welcome finance I have no paper work on any more. Shall I ring them get the account numbers and then do a SAR request ? so I know how much i should ruffly recieve back ?

If I ring them and they cant find my account number what is my next option ??

Also when doing all PPI reclaims should I do a SAR first so I can check how much i should recieve back ?

Thanks

Miss C 2011

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    MISSC2011 wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of trying to Reclaim PPI from my store cards and an old loan from welcome finance.

The old loan from welcome finance I have no paper work on any more. Shall I ring them get the account numbers and then do a SAR request ? so I know how much i should ruffly recieve back ?

If I ring them and they cant find my account number what is my next option ??

Also when doing all PPI reclaims should I do a SAR first so I can check how much i should recieve back ?

Thanks

Miss C 2011

Hello Miss C

If you have any old statements hanging around then the account numbers will be shown on them.
    How long ago did you take this out? Year?

And in regards of the loan, if you still bank with the same bank where the payments used to come out of, and do online banking, you may be able to trace the account number that way for this one, this should allow you to go back about 7 maybe 8 years online, the account number of the loan is normally shown next to the monthly repayment.

However, a SAR will help, but as long as you can get hold of the account numbers you can still continue to make a reclaim.

For a cheaper option, you can write to them for both store card and loan ppi, it costs £1 cheque or postal order for the request of the agreement.
    So a simple letter to request them to send you a copy of the agreement by 12 days, and enclose £1 for each one.

For the SAR as you may know its £10 cheque or postal order, if you had a few loans with the same company, one SAR is sufficient.

If you cannot come across any of the account numbers - give them as many details as possible.
    They should hold your data for at least the last 6 years.

Hope this is of some help, there is a SAR template if required below link, tweak to your requirements if you want to.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

I don't think there is one for the request of the agreement.

But to make a reclaim follow the link below and ask for further help if required, good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Welcome have been declared in default and the fscs http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/
    are dealing with ppi claims from january 2005. if your loan was pre that date, then if you wish to make a claim you will have to go for the insurer. Welcome should tell you the name of the insurer. Look here for reasons for mis sell http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#checklist
  • di3004
    Arh missed that bit amersall cheers lol.:T;)

What year did you actually take out the Welcome finance loan Miss C?
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi Di, op put "an old loan". This may mean op will have to go the broker/insurer route?.
  • di3004
    amersall wrote: »
    Hi Di, op put "an old loan". This may mean op will have to go the broker/insurer route?.

Yes possibly.
    I do know they were governed by GISC prior to the FSA but can't remember from what year, but yes its a possibility on that one.;)
    The FSCS are only taking on claims as from Jan 2005 so on that older one best to contact the FOS and see what they suggest.
  • hi thanks for the info guys ... I had two accounts one opened in 2007 and one in 2008! I rang them yesterday for the accounts numbers which they gave to me . should I request a statement of transactions for both ? so I know how much I should receive ? or jus do the form and send off to the FSA??

thanks
    miss c
  • di3004
    MISSC2011 wrote: »
    hi thanks for the info guys ... I had two accounts one opened in 2007 and one in 2008! I rang them yesterday for the accounts numbers which they gave to me . should I request a statement of transactions for both ? so I know how much I should receive ? or jus do the form and send off to the FSA??

thanks
    miss c

Hi Miss C

And good one, by just having the account numbers is a great help and as long as you know you were paying for ppi and mis sold the product then you can continue to make a reclaim.

I would first contact the FSCS (The financial compensation scheme) because Welcome Finance have been defaulted just recently claims can be made through them, but ring them first and see what they say, they may say you can still write to Welcome finance first.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2011/march/fscs-declares-welcome-financial-7pghpepm/

The forms are slightly different to what I remember with the FSCS.

Let us know how you get on cheers.
    Good luck.
  • thanks Di

Ill let you know how I get on.

But yes I am entitled to reclaim the PPI as when i took out both loans I was told I couldnt have the loan unless I took the payment protection too !!
  • MISSC2011 wrote: »
    when i took out both loans I was told I couldnt have the loan unless I took the payment protection too !!

That's terrible!! Can they really get away with saying that?? :mad::eek:
    I drum and knit to help Independent Drummers and Knitters to comply with their rhythms and knitting patterns. Although I am qualified to, I don't advise drummers or knitters for reward.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    That's terrible!! Can they really get away with saying that?? :mad::eek:

Well no they can't - hence why it was mis-sold and the OP is looking to reclaim it.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family