Warning - The Gas Superstore gone bust

Kavajo
Kavajo Posts: 120 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 27 April 2017 at 10:22AM in Praise, vent & warnings
A word of warning... it looks like Gas Superstore has ceased trading. Based in Leicester selling household appliances, they are active online and often appear in price comparisons.

I am one of many people who have paid for goods but not received. They are not answering phones - there is a recorded message saying our offices are closed. They are not answering emails.

They are still accepting payments, but it doesn't look like there is much chance of delivery.

I Googled Gas Superstore reviews and there are loads of people in the same position as me:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.thegassuperstore.co.uk

I would certainly avoid for now. Fortunately I used a credit card to pay, so I should get my money back in due course.

Comments

• Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Wow I must have been a lucky one, ordered a rangemaster cooker and hood for them and it was delivered on the day I selected last month
    :beer:
  • Kavajo
    Kavajo Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Update - looks like they have indeed gone bust:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/gas-superstore-in-leicestershire-ceases-trading-firm-stops-taking-orders/story-30296651-detail/story.html

The website is still live and taking orders for some items, though most appliances have been taken off.

AVOID - very little chance you will receive anything if you order now.
  • I have been stung by the gas superstore too.
    I ordered a dishwasher on 31st March for 8th April delivery.
    They emailed me on the 7th to say it would now be delivered on the 29th.
    I have been ringing and emailing all week - now I know why they haven't answered ! :mad:
    I also paid on a credit card , does this mean I can claim the money back via a section 75 claim ?
  • I placed an order 1month ago for delivery on 22 April. The company emailed me to say delay with order and but confirmed it will definitely be delivered 29 April. I tried calling them today and was put on hold for 1 hour and spoke to no one. I emailed and I have had no reply. I check companies house but it does not confirm they have gone bust. I contacted my credit card company who have accepted the complaint and assured me I will get a full refund of £1889... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..I used them before about 3 yrs ago and they were ok but due to all the bad reviews I am not holding out for a refund nor a delivery!! Also, I lost out £300 cashback with Samsung as deadline now past.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    I have been stung by the gas superstore too.
    I ordered a dishwasher on 31st March for 8th April delivery.
    They emailed me on the 7th to say it would now be delivered on the 29th.
    I have been ringing and emailing all week - now I know why they haven't answered ! :mad:
    I also paid on a credit card , does this mean I can claim the money back via a section 75 claim ?
    Yes, it looks like you have a valid S75 claim.

Have a read of MSE's Section 75 article.

Your card issuer will probably want proof of their demise.
  • Thank you. How would I go about proving that ?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    Thank you. How would I go about proving that ?

File a sectoon 75 claim, if they want extra proof they will ask for it.
  • Thank you . I have applied via my credit card so it is just a matter of time now I guess .
  • Carl2017
    Carl2017 Posts: 2 Newbie
    GAS SUPERSTORE DIRECTOR SETS UP NEW COMPANY

It would appear the Director of Gas Superstore knew the company was about to go bust so he set up a New Limited company on the 21st March 2017 called The Fireplace (Leicester) Limited registered number 10682373 which can be found on Companies House website to the same address as the Gas Superstore which then went bust on the 25th April 2017. So it would appear that the company was trading insolvently taking peoples hard earned money knowing they were about to go bust leaving everyone out of pocket while the Director sets up a New company behind the scenes to carry on trading washing his hands of any responsibility of the old company. Surely he can't be allowed to get away with this?
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I used a credit card and got my money back.

Complain to ripoffbritain@bbc.co.uk, the more that complain, the more likely action will be taken by them.

Fortyfoot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport