PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• sassyshamrock
    Options
    Hi TwinsMum
    Good for you am pleased to hear of your success. We have been battling with First Plus for a while now and this has inspired me to continue with the FOS if necessary. Our complaint is about what was said (or not said) at the point of sale too. Well done for pursuing this and hope the figure is good.
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    alleybabes wrote: »
    Hi i am in the same boat i have taken hfc bank to court and i dont understand the jargon either! it says they have 14 days to reply, what happens if they dont agree with my claim? sorry to be thick but its all new to me has anyone else used moneyclaim online? can they explain to me what happens thanx
    they have 14 days in which to acknowledge your claim, at that point they will indicate whether they intend to accept or defend your claim - if they say they are going to defend they then have 28 days in which to file a defence. If they fail to acknowledge or file a defence you can request a Judgement by Default -that's on your notice of issue form.
  • tiggrae
    Options
    marluc wrote: »
    Hi, as a "newbie", I wondered if anyone can help me urgently. Took out a loan via Freedom Finance with IGroup in 2003. Wrote all the letters and in the end told Freedom Finance that I was taking them to Court. They have now put in their defence and deny that I was mis-sold etc. I don't understand half the jargon. I have to reply by May 1st. Is there anyone that could possibly help me? I don't want to write all that was written in their defence, as it would be tooooo long!
    Please help
    I suggest you take legal advice - a court hearing goes upon the evidence you present and is presented by the defendant - you need to counter their claim.
  • tiggrae
    Options
    Kaia wrote: »
    Trying to work out the amount to claim.....is this the way it works...can anyone tell me if this sounds about right...please .....

PPI amount was "2021.33 back in july 2002
    So i eed 8% of that , yes?

8% of £2021.33 = £161.71

£161.71 divide by 365 = 0.4430

3334 days x 0.4430p = £1476.96

So the PPI amount of £2021.33 plus the figure above £1476.96 =£3498.96

So i need to claim £3498.96....(to date)

does it sound about right do you think??????? do the calculations seem right?
    HAVE I DONE IT THE RIGHT WAY?????

Any advice would be hugely appreciated....I need to get this claim in ASAP as I am running out of time.
    Any one been down the MCOL route lately, any tips appreciated.
    you don't start with the lump sum you need to work out the amount of the PPI premium you paid monthly then you work out the 8% interest as at the date you paid each monthly premium - the easiest way is to use the Bank Charges calculator on the bank charges thread - that'll automatically work out the 8% interest on each premium paid.
  • tiggrae
    Options
    Tabitha72 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum.
    I have helped my son to make a claim to Lloyds TSB for PPI using the templates provided by this site ( thanks for those ).
    He was told upon application for the loan (£3000 ) that he would not get a loan without taking out their insurance.
    He has received a reply in essence stating that Lloyds TSB never force people to take out insurance & as the box was ticked ( by computer !), he obviously agreed to voluntarily take out the insurance. They say that they find in their own favour & owe him nothing.
    Can anyone advise please.
    take his complaint to the Financial Ombudsman - you can download the complaints form from their website
  • tiggrae
    Options
    jessicad wrote: »
    Hi All

I am reclaiming PPI on my MBNA credit card, they have sent me their final response including a copy of the application form I originally filled in which shows the box ticked. My argument is that i didn't understand that I was accepting an optional policy, how much it would cost me, tat I had a right to cancel and I didn't need it anyway as i already had cover elsewhere.

Should I now go to the FOS?

thanks
    it really depends upon when you took out the credit card (or the PPI was added) - I don't think mbna came under the jurisdiction of the FOS until 15/01/05 (but you might want to check that out with the FOS) if it was before that date the FOS can't look at your complaint.
  • tiggrae
    Options
    Locke wrote: »
    Just had a rejection letter from Alliance and Leicester.

They claim that I made the loan over the internet so I couldn't of been given any financial advice however I remember it being dealt with over the phone, in fact it was a consolidation that included an old loan with them which from a look at their website shows that customers with an existing loan can't apply on line and need to ring them.

Any advice on my next move?
    take your complaint to the financial ombudsman
  • tiggrae
    Options
    Hi TwinsMum
    Good for you am pleased to hear of your success. We have been battling with First Plus for a while now and this has inspired me to continue with the FOS if necessary. Our complaint is about what was said (or not said) at the point of sale too. Well done for pursuing this and hope the figure is good.
    definately take your complaint to the ombudsman - also send a copy to first plus along with a copy to Barclays Bank Disputes & litigation section - they own first plus !!!
  • marluc
    marluc Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Tiggrae for such a prompt response. I had hoped to be able to do this all by myself. Thanks for your advice. I will go and get legal advice.
  • georgie250
    Options
    Hi, I need some advise!!! I have sent the first template to Lloyds saying that I wasn't told that the ppi was optional and that only my husband was covered and not me as i am a housewife. They have relied to me today saying that they have listened to the recording and that the advisor told me the monthly price of the loan which included the loan protection and that i agreed to this.Then they say that the ppi only covered one person so it was advised that my husband would be covered, as he was in full-time enployment.Also they said that they asked me a serious of questions that i have ment to confirmed that there was no exclusions to us making a claim.
    They also say hat a booklet was sent out and that we could cancle the loan within 30days.
    We paid the loan back within a year and thay said that they refunded us most of the ppi, so I phoned up asking where the money was refunded and they said that it was taken off the loan balance. while I had them o the phone I asked wether my husband would have been covered seeing he is self-employed and they said that he would have been if he had signed o with the job centre.
    Do you think that i should give up or should I do the second template and request a copy of the recording.
    Sorry a bit if a long one!!!:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport