We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hottest day of the year here & I'm on the phone to BT - been on & off for getting on for three hours - am slowly losing the will to live here.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all..
    well ive had a quote for car and forwarded to insurance co. £700+ :eek: plus I have to get a new windscreen as the "chip" has gone walkies across the screen :o

fed 4 dogs into the clip machine today ;) even ASBO ! he has gone from scruff to toff :rotfl:

been asked to get some old tin baths...:cool: will have to visit some old farmers ... not gonna pay silly prices in these retro/vintage shops !

also been asked to find some old style deck chairs , with sun hoods if poss ...

I have a mental list in my head when im driving around and captain hawkeyeing over hedges..:rotfl:

been sweltering here today..:T
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes, its so hot the cats and I mainly just lay still between hanging washing out and drank a lot of water.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2015 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Certainly unseasonably warm here, by which I mean above 20 :)

Anyhow, there's already been some very dark clouds go over and forecast for thunderstorms tomorrow so have been out staking everything that looks a bit wavy - would be a shame if the delphiniums took a battering now!

NB parents and fishes all still OK!

I'm ready with the chiminea for when it turns cooler...:D

d5d4ce60-fe23-4455-959f-0374bd5a5617_zps65at33nm.jpg
  • choille
    Options
    Ran out of paint for the baff room. Coming on nicely after all the palaver with plaster work, but still not perfect, but I doubt it ever will be.

Blimey it's hot, ticky & now so humid. Gone all dark & we will get a storm.

Glad you are having a snoop feast Alfie. I would love that. I have to content myself with charity shops when across East.

Good that parents are well IHS & fish too. Your garden is so neat & orderly. Mines is an absolute disgrace. My delphiniums are way behind yours - just coming up now really. I have the two plants!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Flipping heck it's been a tad warm today...and it supposed to be warmer tomorrow...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    Options
    We are supposed to get 29 Degrees tomorrow. It's been about 10 degrees each day up until today - talk about chalk & cheese. My eucalyptus is dead shame as it's reached a good height. Someone reckons it's the wet for so long.

Just been out to the baff room & see loads of fault, places till to fill. That's what a top coat shows - I suppose, but it does look good - dead posh - well after what we have in the van a bucket & sponge looks inviting!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    T'was fairly warm down our way yesterday, but we had a stiff easterly which took it down a few degrees. I was painting in Bedroom 1 for much of the time, and that side of the bungalow stays cool. The traditional east-west orientation seems to work well here. :D

Didn't get the wheeled strimmer on the Bay. :( I have a limit and stick to it, so I throw it in a minute from the end and walk away!

As we're well past Midsummer's Day, we're making contingency plans and prioritising for winter, which means push ahead with the kitchen, central heating and bathroom, rather than worry about the wood burner. I hope our present one will be in use if we can't get the new fieplace sorted in time because, just for once, we have a huge supply of dry logs! :rotfl:

Good to hear about your progress in the bathroom, choille, and about Mum & Dad IHS. Where's phoebe?
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They forecasted some rain for us this morning, the skies are grey, but flipping heck it's warm and ' clammy' very close and humid. .
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    Options
    Same here. I'm still squinting in the glare after months of dullness & rain it all seems incredibly bright.

The outside is so messy & unkempt it's terribly scruffy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback