Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• chillsky
    chillsky Posts: 55 Forumite
    Is three any good?

Their 12month unlimited 4g data option at £17 a month seems to beat hands down all other networks.

I figure if its unlimited I'll just voice over ip to everyone, so wont need that many mins , and imessage uses data plan too.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's surely allowed, but the place you've chosen is definitely wrong.

I am no expert, but I don't see any reason for it not working.

Firstly, Asda Mobile say:
    Your network operator must enable MMS settings for your SIM Card before you can use this. You'll need to contact Customer Services. For more on picture messaging, see our MMS page.
    Secondly, do you have correct MMS settings in the phone?: [FONT=Verdana, Arial]MMS Settings page[/FONT]
  • garrity2005
    garrity2005 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Scrounger, I wonder can you tell me if you have taken out any contracts with Mobiles.co.uk and if it was via cashback, have you had any problems, with the cashback or has everything being ok for you.
    Do you have to send in the Whole Bill, or just the Main Page of your Bill.

I am with GiffGaff at present, but wouldn't mind changing to O2 as they seem to have better coverage, and works out cheaper, that is of course as long as cashback goes through ok.

I would be grateful for any advice that you can give myself.

Regards:- Martin
    gar2005
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 May 2015 at 2:24PM
    Do you have to send in the Whole Bill, or just the Main Page of your Bill.
    http://www.mobiles .co.uk/cashback.html

See "Read more".
    I am with GiffGaff at present, but wouldn't mind changing to O2 as they seem to have better coverage,
    Data speed can possibly be better, but not coverage as Giffgaff use O2 signal and masts.

If you go for a redemption deal be prepared to do everything perfectly and threaten them with court actions in the worst case scenario.
    Don't miss extra TCB/Quidco cashback.
  • Dale26
    Dale26 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Saw the new £95 amazon voucher for EE customers, what a way to give loyal customers something.. I just moved to that SIM only contract on the 9th May so I rang up to ask if I could claim a voucher, nope, I would have to pay £302 to cancel my current contract and rejoin. Good eh?
  • This product is really good!
  • lurch003
    lurch003 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Vodafone just offered me 4g unlimited calls and texts, 10Gb data, and 12 months spotify (or sky sports) for £20, 12 month contract.
    O2 sh1te in my area (BH12), not sure about EE.
    Sounds good to me - anything better out there?
  • bamgbost
    bamgbost Posts: 469
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lurch003 wrote: »
    Vodafone just offered me 4g unlimited calls and texts, 10Gb data, and 12 months spotify (or sky sports) for £20, 12 month contract.

Not a bad offer. Full price should be £27.20.

Im in the same boat...upgrade now due... and looking for a good bargain with Vodafone. - preferably sim only. Anyone got any good ideas....?
    365 Day 1p challenge - £371.49 / 667.95
    Emergency Fund   £1000 / £1000 ( will enlarge once debts are cleared)
    DFW - £TBC
  • Do O2 think they are dealing with zombies?

Tried my best to keep with O2 on a renewal due in a couple of weeks. Been with them around 6/7 years and last renewed 2 years ago. Used 'Live Chat' - big mistake!!! Over an hour getting nowhere.

To save time, I gave them details of a current deal on offer by Virgin and asked them to match or better it. They offered me a deal nearly double the cost of the Virgin deal and when I referred them back to my original request to 'match or better' - they said 'please give 2 mins to check the deals' - probably to go and get a drink or have a chat.

This scenario was repeated a number of times with transfers to 3 different operators. The deal did not improve.

I ended the chat call and complained to O2 - but I don't think they give a hoot. Virgin get the business because they stated upfront the bottom line. It's just a 'sim only' deal for heaven's sake!

Here's just part of this time wasting and somewhat pathetic call...

Namrata: Its sad to know you wish to leave us, I'll help you with it.
    Namrata: If you don't mind, may I know the reason to leave us?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: Simply cost! Been with you guys a long while - pity to change but you don't seem able to compete this time around. Virgin is just one example - 1250 mins and 500 data on 30 day rolling contract. I'm sure that by talking to people I can improve on that - and I'll be a new customer, not an existing one!
    Namrata: Thanks for the Info.
    Namrata: Let me check your account and see if I can get a matching deal for you.
    Namrata: Thanks for the Info. Lets clear the security first.
    Namrata: Can I just confirm your full name & mobile number you're contacting us about?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: Terry Xxxxxxx xxxxxxx & xxxxxxx - I think O2 should be able to improve on the Virgin deal - loyalty must count here?
    Namrata: Let me try my best to get a deal.
    Namrata: Can I just confirm you are the account holder of the phone?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: yes
    Namrata: Can I have the 1st & 3rd characters of your security answer?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: x x
    Namrata: Perfect, thanks :)
    Namrata: Please give 2 mins to check the deals.
    Namrata: Thanks for waiting.
    Namrata: You can get a SIM deal - 12 months, Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts and 2GB data for £18. But I'll also add £3 loyalty to make it £15 monthly.
    Namrata: Or
    Namrata: You can get a SIM deal - 12 months, 500 minutes, Unlimited texts and 500MB data for £13.50.
    Namrata: Or
    Namrata: You can get a SIM deal - 12 months, 300 minutes, Unlimited texts and 300MB data for £10.50.
    Namrata: Also, I'll add any 1 of the below as a free gift for the above 2 deals.
    Namrata: ==
    Namrata: Unlimited Landline Calls
    Namrata: Unlimited Weekend Calls
    Namrata: Unlimited O2 to O2 Calls
    Namrata:
    Namrata: Please let me know which one you like.
    Terry Xxxxxxx: Still way over a Virgin deal...need the cost below £8....need 750 mins MINIMUM
    Namrata: Do you have any of your friends or family members working for O2?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: No - and my kids have all changed to EE from O2 - so O2 to O2 is not useful anymore
    Namrata: Please give 2 mins.
    Namrata: Thanks for waiting.
    Namrata: Do you know any of your friends or family members working for o2?
    Terry Xxxxxxx: no
    Namrata: Okay.
    Namrata: In this case, if you go for the above deal with 2GB data then you will just need to pay £15.
    Namrata: That means you're getting extra 1.5 GB data for just £7.
    Namrata: Also, in case you don't find this deal good then you can anytime upgrade to a cheaper 30days SIM only deal.
    Namrata: Please confirm your other mobile number.
    Terry Xxxxxxx: xxxxxxx
    Namrata: I'll check and see if I can give the same deal for that number.
    Namrata: Lets clear the security.
    Namrata: Can I just confirm your full name & mobile number you're contacting us about?
    Namrata: I see that this is the same number that you've given me and its the deal for this number only.
    Terry Xxxxxxx: no - I gave you 2 numbers earlier
    Namrata: Yes.
    Terry Xxxxxxx: Been on this chat for over an hour and cannot see that I'm any further forward. Need to wind it up please with either a deal or no deal...
    Namrata: You can get a SIM deal - 12 months, Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts and 2GB data for £18. But I'll also add £3 loyalty to make it £15 monthly.
    Namrata: Yes, please confirm if that's fine with you, I'll get it upgraded..
    Terry Xxxxxxx: Sorry but you need to refer to my earlier comments - you are going round in circles. Have to end this chat. Goodbye
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    lurch003 wrote: »

You can get this deal for £12.50/month through Mobiles.co.uk. Plus £20 Quidco at the moment (expires in 3 days). The Mobiles website doesn't mention the free Spotify, but I took this deal out a couple days ago and when I log in to the Vodafone website it is included in my tariff. It's a cashback deal, but I haven't had any problems with Mobiles in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure