PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• Please can anybody help i have tried claiming my ppi back from welcome finance but i have been told after 6 months that welcome finance wont look into the claim as was before 2003. They also state i have had 6 loans with them which i feel they do owe but wont look into it as could be alot of money. What can i do next?
  • Bal77
    Bal77 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi all,

I am not sure which companies I have had loans with and mortgages with over the last 20 years. By using resolver can I do like a blanket search of several lenders or do I have to fill in the form for every lender I want to make a potential claim with.

all help appreciated.

thanks in advance
  • I don't think I ever had PPI but I keep reading that I should still check. Was PPI only on loans or was it added to credit cards to? I remember having various credit cards and store cards in my late teens and early 20s and I think I said no to any random extras but should I be checking? I definitely had card(s) with Arcadia group and Debenhams and MBNA at different times but always small amounts of spending.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Bal77 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am not sure which companies I have had loans with and mortgages with over the last 20 years. By using resolver can I do like a blanket search of several lenders or do I have to fill in the form for every lender I want to make a potential claim with.

all help appreciated.

thanks in advance

It's every lender.

Bear in mind that if you are "not sure" which companies you have had loans with, the companies concerned may similarly be clueless after 20 years.
  • Hi
    I successfully made a Claim against Lloyds via a Claims Co (yes I know, sorry) this came back with 5 accounts from them that had PPI on which amounted to a lot of money.

unfortunately I did not realise at time of claiming that being previously bankrupt this has a bearing on it and the money is awarded to the Insolvency company, which ok I can accept.

my question is however at time of being declared bankrupt I would of only had 1 loan etc open with the same company, the rest would of been done via consolidation which landed me in a mess in the 1st place.

so to me potentially I would of thought that 4 of the rewards that were not current at time should go to me, or I feel they should...I am probably looking at it the wrong way but thought I would ask the experts on their opinion.

Cheers Simon
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sparksuk71 wrote: »
    I am probably looking at it the wrong way

Correct. .
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    so to me potentially I would of thought that 4 of the rewards that were not current at time should go to me, or I feel they should...I am probably looking at it the wrong way but thought I would ask the experts on their opinion.

Bankruptcy is a line drawn in the sand. Everything the other side of that line is history and you dont get it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi
    I successfully made a Claim against Lloyds via a Claims Co (yes I know, sorry) this came back with 5 accounts from them that had PPI on which amounted to a lot of money.

unfortunately I did not realise at time of claiming that being previously bankrupt this has a bearing on it and the money is awarded to the Insolvency company, which ok I can accept.

Did the claims co know you had been bankrupt when they took your claims and have they given you a bill?.
    I don't think they should have taken the claim in that event.
  • bergebabe
    bergebabe Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hi there,

I am trying to reclaim PPI and overpaid interest but getting nowhere fast. I am tempted to use a company as I really don't know where to go next.

I bought a sofa from land of leather in October 2004.

The lending was via open and direct - now creation finance.

They werent regulated until January 2005 so no help from FSO.

Land of leather are gone - went into administration.

I have started correspondence with creation finance but they havent come back to me or furthered my complaint.

I am owed PPI, but also, I paid the full amount off in full 21 months early. Having read the contract back, I believe I am owed 21 months worth of interest, as I paid the full amount including the FULL invoice for the full term.

I have no idea how to calculate what they owe me over and aboe the PPI and no idea if I have a chance of reclaiming this.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Sorry haha :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If the seller is no longer in existence, you have no one to complain to.

A claims company won't be able to resurrect them from the dead.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback