Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    If anyone's having a bad day I hope this cheers you up. It does contain a LOT of swears though! I find road rage compilations oddly calming :rotfl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjUL8LwUsE
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Jacket potato for lunch with a hot cheese and onion topping. Cost 25p - for the potato.

Onion - part of large onion set aside from casserole-making the other day. Cheese rtc at 49p Co-op but used tillspit for 50p off dairy, so that was free.

Still have half the pack of cheese left. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• davemorton wrote: »
    £20 plus VAT is £24 I believe (if VAT is payable at the normal rate.)

Thank you.

So about £12 then. Doing B00ts order but trying to avoid 0% VAT...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    Morning Everyone :)

Really excited this morning as been contacted by a firm of heir hunters as a distant cousin has died intestate....not sure what it means yet but hope it might pay for a holiday next year :j

Feel a bit sad though as he was only about six years older than me but never married, both parents dead and very shy. I haven't seen him since I was about 12. Excited but don't really feel entitled to money from someone I didn't really know.

I'm sure that your distant cousin would have left a will if they had wanted to bequeath their worldly goods to someone specific. Far rath in your pocket than going to the state.

Don't sign up with the heir hunters as they will take a mighty chunk from you for doing the paper work. If you can draw up a family tree and have proof of relationship you can make the claim yourself. Good luck xx

Late lunch for me, may have scrambled eggs, not had that for a couple of weeks, an NSD but been busy sorting out paperwork :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Yes its the one we all got £2 for buying a banana a few weeks back. Noting the offers AAU has put up. Thought I wouldn't be going to sains again for a while :rotfl:

The £2 banana was with klipem wasn't it? I signed up to them but didn't get the offer and have given up checking for new ones
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    we are in the process of one of these claims.we thought there was just the 3 on my oh`s family but they have found 50 claiments so far:eek:.this was someone we didnt know anything about but feel v.sad he died with no family and by the sound of friends either.:(we got a letter asking us to go on the bbc prog:eek:.not a chance.:rotfl:
    Mir! wrote: »
    Hi there

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. Also a cousin - I had only met him once when I was about 5. He was a bit of a loner but had led a fascinating life in the merchant navy, all over the world, for years and then settled in Jersey living on his own. The 'heir hunters' did give us lots of information about his life which was nice. The estate was shared between 6 cousins and was still a tidy sum even after the HH's took their cut but it took about two years to sort it all out. I too had very mixed feelings about benefitting from the estate of someone I hardly knew. Just wish circumstances had enabled us to get to know one another even if just a little......

Thanks - seems like this happens more frequently than I thought.
  • pattylabelle
    pattylabelle Posts: 7,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    groceries.asda.com/product/hot-chocolate/options-belgian-chocolate-salted-caramel/910001635384

4 for £1 will compare £1.60 vs £1 at tesco

is this low cal cos my derriere could be doing with it monsieur portage ;)
    never stop doing your best because someone doesn't give you credit
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    is this low cal cos my derriere could be doing with it monsieur portage ;)

You should check in more often Patty.TM has started to keep a register and is marking us as playing truant when we go missing.

Afternoon all
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Those of us that have had our new blue Co-op cards, I had a letter arrive few days after my card about registering online with my email. Seems you can choose which local charity your 1% goes to. :cool:

There were three for me to choose from, wasn't hard for me to pick as the local hospice my mum was in was one of them. :A
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,899 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    Thanks - seems like this happens more frequently than I thought.

When I first got the letter I just ignored it cos I thought it was a scam of some sort, (it was before the 'heir hunter' telly progs). When a second letter arrived I traced the firm through the library to make sure they were genuine before responding!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure