Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Npower came out best for me too. At least best out of the big 6 suppliers and after a bad experience with a smaller supplier I was only considering the big 6 really.

Topcashback brought the effective rate down to cheaper than the smaller suppliers anyway
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    NPower are showing as the cheapest for me as I'm not keen to go for companies I've never heard of but EDF don't show at all so I'm assuming that deal has been pulled now. Co-op has a fix that's slightly higher on unit price but slightly cheaper on standing charge which appears to be slightly more expensive for my usage but can be fixed unti May 2019. Having read other comments on here I'm wondering if I should do a comparison on confused.com as well. I'm debating switching or waiting to see if MSE can secure something but one thing I know for sure is that I'm not staying with BG, I moved house a few months ago and trying to sort things out with BG has been a nightmare.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Eurosaver
    Options
    Npower also cheapest of the big 6 for me. The £60 cashback from Quidco then brings the price down to only £26 a year dearer than the best MSE quote with Breeze.
  • Pedro1877
    Pedro1877 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 August 2017 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Agree about Npower's quotes. With the cashback it (Online saver Oct 2017) only works out £2 pm more expensive than the MSE/CEC BG collective fix Oct '17. TCB also offering an extra £2.50 cashback over the bank holiday!!;)

That is also now cheaper than the cheapest dual fuel I have found which was One Select.
  • AndrewN
    Options
    I've waited to see if the MSE gurus could come up with another corker like the British Gas collective, but the noises from there seem to suggest that it maybe harder to get such a good collective deal this time - if at all.

Like others, I've now opted to switch to "EDF Energy Online Saver Sept 18" with £60 cashback by applying via TopCashback.

With that cashback, it was the cheapest deal on the table that didn't have unknown Customer Service ratings.

More than happy to risk the early exit fees with that deal. :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AndrewN wrote: »
    I've waited to see if the MSE gurus could come up with another corker like the British Gas collective, but the noises from there seem to suggest that it maybe harder to get such a good collective deal this time - if at all.

Like others, I've now opted to switch to "EDF Energy Online Saver Sept 18" with £60 cashback by applying via TopCashback.

With that cashback, it was the cheapest deal on the table that didn't have unknown Customer Service ratings.

More than happy to risk the early exit fees with that deal. :j

Good for you. However, by using TopCashBack you now see why organisations like MSE are finding it increasingly difficult to arrange competitive collective deals. The domestic energy market has changed over the past 12 months: not all of it for the good imho.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Good for you. However, by using TopCashBack you now see why organisations like MSE are finding it increasingly difficult to arrange competitive collective deals. The domestic energy market has changed over the past 12 months: not all of it for the good imho.
    Was the BG collective available through TCB? Cashback sites work by passing on some of the referral fee, similar to how MSE do, except they don't have to concern themselves with it been a good deal.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in the energy club and have not had any notification on any collective deal here. The cheapest coming up in the comparison is Economy Energy fixed at £644 a year. Is the Edf better than this ?
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eurosaver wrote: »
    Npower also cheapest of the big 6 for me. The £60 cashback from Quidco then brings the price down to only £26 a year dearer than the best MSE quote with Breeze.
    Quidco/TCB showing £50 for me?
    Npower is also lower for me - hundreds lower than EDF. I guess it all depends on the region and the proportion of electricity in your usage (I am high on electricity). But npower's rating is rather low - which worries me a bit...
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    qsk wrote: »
    Quidco/TCB showing £50 for me?
    Npower is also lower for me - hundreds lower than EDF. I guess it all depends on the region and the proportion of electricity in your usage (I am high on electricity). But npower's rating is rather low - which worries me a bit...

It was an exclusive offer last week, but it'll possibly come around again. Keep an eye on both TCB/Quidco as one will price match the other.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure