Hire Purchase for used vehicle

Hello,

I need some advice. I found a used car on ebay which I would like to buy using HP.
1. Do you know if this can be done with any online broker? Or can it only be done if bought from a dealer?
2. Can I use the car for business purposes like car rental even if bought as a private person?

Thanks

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is the seller private or a dealer ? If a dealer, then there's a chance they may offer HP terms - though tread very carefully, and do your research thoroughly.

Business use ? No problem at all, you just need to notify your insurance that the car is used for business. Doesn't usually add much ( if anything ) to the premiums, depending upon the nature of your business ( running a taxi service, for example, is a bit different to using your car to travel to client sites ).

But really, more information required in order to give more meaningful advice.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think the OP plans on hiring the vehicle out which maybe an issue for the lender.

Why buy it privately when you could probably get better value as a business?

How are you going to verify drivers indentities and take card payments?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Hi,
    I am basically thinking about buying myself a Tesla and making it pay for itself by renting it. I am aware that it's not going to be easy etc. The cheapest option to buy the car I want is getting a used one from a private person, advertised on ebay or fb. I'm just feeling the waters right now, and will check and calculate everything before making any moves.

Thanks
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    car rental option

https://carclub.easycar.com/
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Hi Everyone

Can someone please help me with a good answer I bought a car on a hire purchase agreement about 4months ago I am now thinking of paying off the outstanding finance on it as I've taken out a loan to pay it off which is around £7385.79
    What my plan was is to sell it or part exchange the car for a cheaper car but then my budget wouldn't be that great and would only get me a car with a lot of miles on the clock which I think would cost me a lot of money in the long ran
    Would I be better off with just staying with the finance and paying the loan back
    Thanks
  • Tiger26223 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

which is around £7385.79

Thanks

that seems more exact rather than around. troll?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure