The New Adventures of Fortune

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I feel your pain fortune unfortunately some people just want to cover their !!!!! with these things. Same thing happened when we moved we had to indemnify that we didn't have planning permission for the 9 year old house we were selling. The face we didn't build it and the council confirmed they didn't have it anymore as it was over 6 years old and since destroyed was not eneough for the solicitor. I wouldn't have minded so much if we'd been a bespoke build in the middle of no where but we were house about 150 of 350 on the same site :rotfl:

Hang with it, it'll be worth it. At least it's not your solicitor being a muppet ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Moving along very nicely :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I feel your pain fortune unfortunately some people just want to cover their !!!!! with these things. Same thing happened when we moved we had to indemnify that we didn't have planning permission for the 9 year old house we were selling. The face we didn't build it and the council confirmed they didn't have it anymore as it was over 6 years old and since destroyed was not eneough for the solicitor. I wouldn't have minded so much if we'd been a bespoke build in the middle of no where but we were house about 150 of 350 on the same site :rotfl:

Hang with it, it'll be worth it. At least it's not your solicitor being a muppet ;)

:eek: That's ridiculous Purp. And when the house sells again another indemnity will be required. Someone is making money here :mad:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    edited 11 June 2017 at 8:19AM
    Mr F arrived home from his business trip yesterday morning so I bought him up to speed with progress on the house move.

There are a couple of unexpected costs in the mortgage offer but only small ones so we can absorb those.

We checked how many questions from Buyers' Solicitor we'd manage to cross off and there are only 2 remaining and only 1 an indemnity request. It would still cost us over £200 though and is entirely unnecessary so we are going to push back on it.

Baked a Walnut, Date & Honey Cake to use up some sulky bananas. I still have one left so will have to find a use for it today.

Lunch was Warm Stilton Salad and supper was Aubergine & Goat's Cheese Pasta. there's some of the pasta sauce left over so we can have quick supper later if needed.

I understand the weather was dreadful in the North yesterday (what am I doing moving there :eek:) but it was fabulous here so Mr F tidied up the garden a bit whilst I tidied the house. Family member who might rent our annex is coming for a visit today to discuss things and the bathroom wouldn't have stood up to public viewing :rotfl:

I've kept a little fun money back this month to give us a break from the house move so we're planning to go out together for a Sunday lunch. Nom, nom.

Hope it's stopped raining up there

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • All progressing well Fortune. I think you can push back on indemnity stuff, I know our vendors did and our solicitor just said ok then!

At the moment my favourite use for bananas past their best is flourless pancakes. One banana mashed with one egg beaten and I put choc chips in. You're supposed to then fry them, but I always end up in a mess, so just put them on a tray with grease proof paper in the oven.

Enjoy your Sunday lunch, a break from house stuff is definitely a good idea.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    I am not sure Shropshire can be classed as the North :rotfl:
    Your cake sounds delicious though and the pancakes ETE - I tend to make a chocolate and banana loaf when I need to use overripe bananas up.

Have a lovely lunch Fortune, you deserve a little treat after the stress of the last few weeks :)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    All progressing well Fortune. I think you can push back on indemnity stuff, I know our vendors did and our solicitor just said ok then!

At the moment my favourite use for bananas past their best is flourless pancakes. One banana mashed with one egg beaten and I put choc chips in. You're supposed to then fry them, but I always end up in a mess, so just put them on a tray with grease proof paper in the oven.

Enjoy your Sunday lunch, a break from house stuff is definitely a good idea.

Thanks ETE - he's already rolled over on one of the indemnities because my solicitor was able to show there was zero risk to the buyer so fingers crossed.

I love pancakes so that's breakfast sorted for tomorrow :D

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    I am not sure Shropshire can be classed as the North :rotfl:
    Your cake sounds delicious though and the pancakes ETE - I tend to make a chocolate and banana loaf when I need to use overripe bananas up.

Have a lovely lunch Fortune, you deserve a little treat after the stress of the last few weeks :)

You're right Busy Mee - it's the Midlands really but feels very 'North' looking up from the South Coast :rotfl: I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecasts to see if it rains more in Shropshire and can't see much of a difference so far. The temperature is usually a whole degree cooler though :eek: Mind you, the hot weather we've been having in the South has bought on some hot flushes so maybe cooler climes are the way forward :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    I was inspired by the lovely EatingTheElephant to make banana pancakes for breakfast...not the healthy ones though :oThese ones :o Although I did skip the bacon.

We had the leftover pasta sauce with some penne for lunch and supper was halloumi with fattoush salad and pitta bread. I got the recipe the old fashioned way from one of my vintage Hamlyn All Colour Cookbooks :cool:

The weather was a bit touch and go today but I chanced it and got a few loads of washing dry. Mr F is working overseas again next week so I thought I'd better make sure he's got clean pants to go :rotfl:

Another small stone lifted towards the house move - I provisionally booked the removals company. Forever the optimist :rotfl: My solicitor is out of the office until Thursday so I doubt there'll be anything more to report until then.

Does browsing the net for chalk painted furniture ideas count as progress. Probably not :rotfl:

If we move when we hope to, completion day is about a month away :eek: The time is going so quickly.

Happy Monday

Fortune x
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I luuuurvvve pancakes and waffles and all things like that :o they look yummy :A

I can confirm the banana, date and walnut loaf turned out beautifully. End slice (just to check it was ok for others of course :o) eaten with a brew to confirm quality :D

You'll be moving in no time - it's flying. And browsing Pinterest for chalk coloured anything is more than acceptable use if time :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure