£2015 in 2015

Comments

• I'm in again this year, really enjoyed it last year just got a bit annoyed with being PMed for totals when I was already posting them in the thread.

Doubt I'll hit the target (short of selling all my books, HAHAHAHA) but the extra is nice to keep track of and if I'm good then I'll make sure it goes in my house deposit savings rather than on...more books! :D
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm gonna give it a go after scratching my car and paying repair I feel I need to
  • lucylema
    lucylema Posts: 834 Forumite
    I am going to sign up to this for 2015. I always start these things then give up but I am going to do it ALL OF IT this year.
    Lucylema x :j
  • Ceza
    Ceza Posts: 160 Forumite
    I'd like to join in again please
    £23.04/£2020 - Make £2020 in 2020
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'll definitely give it a good go. I only found TopCashback etc around the end of this year, so it'll be good to see what a full year can yield :)

Somewhat less I imagine due to them cutting the Nectar points :(
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Also please give a quick summary how this works :)
    ally.
  • This sounds like a great challenge. I'd like to join please. :)
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 26 December 2014 at 10:17AM
    Hoping all challengers and fellow lurkers are enjoying a wonderful Christmas:xmastree:

When I first saw the original thread I was too scared to join in, being in a desperate financial position and not even having enough money each month to pay for essentials like food without using a CC, and even they were maxed out. I did all I could to make extra money wherever/however I could but I couldn't bring myself to attempt anything like a challenge somewhow. I couldn't see the wood for the trees back then, I was in a very bad place.

In the Spring of 2013 I started a DMP and although money is still tight I thought I should be able to attempt a challenge but didn't. Have followed this one with interest ever since the start but didn't take the plunge and join you. I greatly regret that. Have failed in all my financial dealings through life and certainly didn't want to start failing at MSE challenges as well:o

In October this year I joined the Make £10 a Day Challenge (which I'd never come across before but then saw mentioned on another thread) but with a target of £5 a day to start/£1825pa (and I was sure even that was beyond me:o). Amazingly I exceeded it so in November aimed for £7 and exceeded that too. Still pinching myself about it. This month I bit the bullet and went for the full £10 a Day, foolish I know, being the most expensive month but I told you I'm clueless with finance:o. Still trying to the bitter end but will no way meet that target this month. But it's the camaraderie and encouragement that's the main thing, as it is on this thread, and it makes a world of difference. After all, any extra money is a bonus even if targets are missed.

Sorry about the ramble but just wanted to say that it's only because of being enthused and motivated by lurking on your thread that I even decided to join the £10 a Day or any challenge come to that. I'll be continuing with that one in 2015. The target would be £3650 in a year, although I'll be aiming for a bit less. So I won't be joining you as well but have subscribed (as ever) and will certainly be reading of your successes. So, Thank You:T

Have a successful year everyone:beer:
  • Can I join please?

My Little Man needs some major surgeries next year so I am anticipating having to give my little job up in July, and reclaim carers so it would be nice to have as much debt cleared and a rainy day stash!

I tend to do most things a bit half-a**ed so my plan is to actually regularly keep up with swags, bubbles etc:rotfl:

Make £10 a day June 103.04/300

Declutter 2018 in 2018 3/2018

• Having just lost my job. Looking to join in and earn as much as possible to stop me getting into debt :p
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport