Daligas Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• DrPete wrote: »
    I have been following this and other related forums for more than 1 year now and I decided to register because I felt I had to tell my experience with Daligas.
    I have been with them since April 2013 ( one of the first customers I guess, switched through a comparison site) and their behaviour has been absolutely perfect. I have saved more than 150 pounds switching to their variable tariff and now they offered to switch me to their even cheaper fixed rate. So far so good .
    Which comparison site did you switch through?
    Did they pay you any inducements to switch through them?
  • thommy
    thommy Posts: 581 Forumite
    MoneyPenny wrote: »
    Which comparison site did you switch through?
    Did they pay you any inducements to switch through them?

I switched to Daligas and I've got to say, they've put the 'big' companies to shame.

I applied to switch from Scottish Power, 8th November and was switched over 2nd Dec.

I was kept informed by email. No problems. No fuss. I'm also now paying less for my gas than on SP Fixed Jan 14.

I switched through Energylinx, who give £17 for each fuel. I've already had the cashback paid into my bank.

http://www.energylinx.co.uk/energy/cashback/
  • I've just moved us from Southern Electric (gas supply) to Daligas.
    It's all been straightforward so far with no issues. Pretty quick and informative with the email responses/updates.
    DD's have been set up and they passed on all my info to Southern, incl the changover reading, so Southern have sent out a correct final bill.
    Fingers crossed but it all seems fine, and a LOT cheaper than SE.
  • With my fingers crossed, I've just joined up with this company. I'm prepared to take a risk for a claimed saving of almost 25% over the nearest competitor. I'll report back.

Going OK so far. Just had changeover day, and gave them my meter reading. Guess the interesting bit will be when they start billing...
  • £wise_2
    £wise_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 January 2014 at 6:26PM
    This is my current experience.
    • Application form submitted on 18.11.13
    • Confirmation of receipt: 19.11.13
    • Sent update request: 20.12.13
    This is the reply I received on Tue 24/12/2013.

We apologise for the delayed response. We would like to confirm that everything is in order for the switch on the 1/1/14. Our team will contact you towards starting date with more information.

This is what I received from Daligas today (02/01/2014).

The switching of your premises over to daligas will be completed on 21st January.:shocked:

Frankly, their handling of the switch has been a shambles. Not only have I been forced to chase them to discover what is happening, but they are now trying to defer the start date to suit themselves.:mad:

Update (11/01/14): Daligas have said that they will refund the difference between what they would have charged from 1st to 21st January and what my current supplier (First Utility) will actually charge for that period.

Very strange Customer Service experience. It sounded like I was talking to an answering service somewhere in Africa
    :undecided
  • I switched to Daligas just recently from Scottish Power - no problems for me. Was kept informed at every stage, submitted my meter readings on time and have been happy with how it has gone.

Now paying less for my gas than with SP fixed energy Jan 2014 prices and have been paid £17 for switching via EnergyLinx.

I'm happy with the service their are providing - though I have had no reason to call their CS line yet, everything has been sorted via email.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Thumbs up from me as well
    Changed from SP in Dec and all went smoothly £50 cheaper than previous SP fix plus £17 cash back
    Just hope my electric change from NP to ovo has no problems ....and will be finally free from the big 6
  • 66z
    66z Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am currently in the process of switching, just sent back a signed PDF which was accepted.. I like that eall the communication so far has been electronic as I hate hanging on phone for hours, then have my name misspelt or bank account gotten wrong and do it all over again. So far so good, will update as I go along!
  • I've also just started switching - my date is on-track (confirmed today) for the end of this month - no problems, and although (I think) I'm getting the lady on the phone the person mentioned, she seemed fine and tolled me that she's based in London (but emigrated only a few years ago)- regardless, she was very competent and polite.

The only thing I've found strange is the way they communicate -e.g: 'Welcome to Daligas, Dear Customer' and the terminology they use.

That said, for a £200 per year saving, no problems - but you need to be careful with your spending, because you basically buy a bundle of gas, based on your previous usage - and if you've used more, at the years end - then you need to pay it all back within a few days of the final meter reading (for this reason, I've put the £200 away in a Savings Account), just in case.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • I switched to them from Npower. No problem at all, told them the date I wanted to switch and it was all done as per my request. So far so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure