HSBC ppi Claim from 1999

Options
I have searched to find help but cant find anything so please excuse me if I have missed relevant info. We havnt had any loans for many many years but we believe we had one in 1999 with PPI. as we needed £4000 quick.

we contacted bank and we have had this response basicly saying that we have done a thorough search and regrettably the documentation we requested cannot be located.
if our request is for sole purpose of obtaining PPI details in order to raise a complaint. please visit website to progress your claim. Loan documentation is not required to to commence a claim where you feel PPI has been mis-sold.

Now we believe it was mis-sold loan was in wifes name she was in full time work with full sickness benefit and not much chance of losing income e.t.c.

So my questions are how best to proceed with this I assume there is a form how best to fill it ? what questions may be asked ? how do we secure a favourable conclusion ?

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Paul

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now we believe it was mis-sold loan was in wifes name she was in full time work with full sickness benefit and not much chance of losing income e.t.c.

So, you dont know that you had PPI but you believe you were missold.
    So my questions are how best to proceed with this I assume there is a form how best to fill it ?

Grab the form from HSBC website.
    how do we secure a favourable conclusion ?

tell the truth. Don't lie and dont make things up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    what questions may be asked ?
    You find that out if you look at the forms. If you don't have all the answers, just write "don't know"
    how do we secure a favourable conclusion ?
    Give your reason(s) why you believe the policy was mis-sold, but remember, other peoples reasons may not apply in your case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure