NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Did the application on Friday at 10pm but no email confirmation other than the 'application complete' page, is this normal?

Also it didn't ask about the account switch information, is this normal too?
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just opened two singles and asked for two switches, £250.00

No Problem
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2018 at 2:32PM
    11th January, filled in online application, accepted for Select Account immediately, few minutes later an email saying application to open a Select Account has been approved, (including application ref number), 4 hours later another email informing CA switch has started, (no deductions or holding monies from ID account used).

12th January could logon to the account online. Welcome email received, no mention of requiring a signature.

Today 13th January received Debit Card, saying card can be used a soon as I receive the PIN, still no mention of requiring a signature.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    I am an existing customer due to having a joint account. But I want to switch in another single account from elsewhere. Can I switch this into the joint account or do I have to set up another single account with NatWest first to switch into? Or apply as a new customer?
    I think there should be no problem with doing that. Be aware, however, that the other account holder will not be able to do the same and get another switch incentive payment.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    derrick wrote: »
    11th January, filled in online application, accepted for Select Account immediately, few minutes later an email saying application to open a Select Account has been approved, (including application ref number), 4 hours later another email informing CA switch has started, (no deductions or holding monies from ID account used).

12th January could logon to the account online. Welcome email received, no mention of requiring a signature.

Today 13th January received Debit Card, saying card can be used a soon as I receive the PIN, still no mention of requiring a signature.

My timeframe same as yours derrick, I found the signature request in the NatWest online account mailbox, page 3 of the New Account letter.

sig.jpg
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    bspm wrote: »
    Just opened two singles and asked for two switches, £250.00

No Problem

You do know you can only have one £125?

T&C's
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Chrisv wrote: »
    My timeframe same as yours derrick, I found the signature request in the NatWest online account mailbox, page 3 of the New Account letter.

sig.jpg

No signature request or New Account letter in there, but they do say that any mail in there will be also sent by post unless opted for paperless, which at the moment I have not opted for.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    derrick wrote: »

Can I ask at what point you got the details to log onto your account online? Was it on the welcome email?

I've only had an email with the reference number on so far (applied on the 11th)

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    blindman wrote: »
    You do know you can only have one £125?

T&C's
    Unless 'you' is plural..
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2018 at 5:00PM
    I already have a NatWest current account, opened in 1996, which I use maybe twice a year for transfers between accounts.

This offer allows you to switch your banking to an existing Natwest account and receive the £125. I was planning on switching my B account (used for my bill payments, direct debits and to receive salary) to the existing Natwest account.

Question is...will Natwest credit check my application since I already have a current account with them that I am switching to?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure