IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Holiday Late March/ Early April
Closed Thread
Views: 684
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MissREDxx
Old 18-03-2012, 10:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Holiday Late March/ Early April

Hi I have been browsing about myself on various websites such as teletext holidays and onthebeach but I was wondering if any of you guys had a good website you use to find bargain last minute holidays or if you spotted a cheap holiday on the dates I can go. I am able to holiday between March 24th-April 16th 2012.

I am looking for an all inclusive holiday and somewhere that is going to be hot. Am not looking for Egypt hot just better temperature than UK. I looked at spain and some cheap deals there but it seems to be raining in late March for a couple of days in most places which isn't good. As long as its above 3 star and the food is nice than am happy. Also a nice view would be ideal (i've seen some hotels which are facing another crumbling hotel and that's my ideal of hell). It has to be close to a beach, wouldn't mind if there was a free bus running to a nearby beach and also close to a town.

I am open to anywhere as long as the place isn't dangerous or a totally wreck. I know some places in the likes of Bulgaria and so on are gorgeous and very cheap etc so I am defo open to the likes of these. Not interested in Greece or Malta though as i've been to Greece before last year and wasn't very keen especially being delayed for 2 days due to airstrike.

Anyway my max budget is 160 for 7 days all inclusive that's flights and hotel. I can bargain down the package and get suitcases and stuff thrown in for cheaper so that's no problem (I read the guide to getting cheaper holidays here and worked a wonder last time)

Also its just 2 adults travelling and young couple if thats any help.
# 2
Mands
Old 19-03-2012, 7:27 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissREDxx View Post
Hi I have been browsing about myself on various websites such as teletext holidays and onthebeach but I was wondering if any of you guys had a good website you use to find bargain last minute holidays or if you spotted a cheap holiday on the dates I can go. I am able to holiday between March 24th-April 16th 2012.

I am looking for an all inclusive holiday and somewhere that is going to be hot. Am not looking for Egypt hot just better temperature than UK. I looked at spain and some cheap deals there but it seems to be raining in late March for a couple of days in most places which isn't good. As long as its above 3 star and the food is nice than am happy. Also a nice view would be ideal (i've seen some hotels which are facing another crumbling hotel and that's my ideal of hell). It has to be close to a beach, wouldn't mind if there was a free bus running to a nearby beach and also close to a town.

I am open to anywhere as long as the place isn't dangerous or a totally wreck. I know some places in the likes of Bulgaria and so on are gorgeous and very cheap etc so I am defo open to the likes of these. Not interested in Greece or Malta though as i've been to Greece before last year and wasn't very keen especially being delayed for 2 days due to airstrike.

Anyway my max budget is 160 for 7 days all inclusive that's flights and hotel. I can bargain down the package and get suitcases and stuff thrown in for cheaper so that's no problem (I read the guide to getting cheaper holidays here and worked a wonder last time)

Also its just 2 adults travelling and young couple if thats any help.
So, March or April. Hot but not Egypt. No rain, pretty scenery and a decent beach. Must be a nice all inclusive.

And you are prepared to pay a maximum of 11 per person per day?

Good luck with finding something.
# 3
citykid5
Old 19-03-2012, 8:46 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

yes it's possible.go through quidco who are currently offering 50 cash back on thomas cook,then when directed to the thomas cook page,leave all options blank.then search,then price low to high.not sure on the dates but last week they were showing turkey all ins for about 180 pp but then you get 50cash back from quidco in about 90 days
# 4
getmore4less
Old 19-03-2012, 8:48 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Easter won't help pricing!
# 5
citykid5
Old 19-03-2012, 9:11 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

sorry seems the quidco 50 cashback has ended
# 6
knewbold
Old 19-03-2012, 11:09 AM
MoneySaving Convert

being entirely honest, i spent ages looking for somewhere, with a budget of 250pp for the week after easter.

really struggled to find somewhere nice for that price, i was looking at marrkech but then ended up going to albufaira. costing around 200pp

the only place your going to get for that sort of budget is probabally benidorm/spain area

and thats a bit of a push
# 7
Georgia_Pa
Old 21-03-2012, 9:17 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Is it a flight your after? Soemtimes it's cheaper to travel as a foot passenger by ferry. There are always great deals online!

We travel to France Loire and stay in a lovely hotel. It's beautiful scenery but probably not the kind of holiday you are planning if you want adventure!!

Hope this helps!
Were separate, two ghosts in one mirror, no nearer
Later on if it turns to chaos
Hurricane coming all around us
See the crack, pull it back from the window, you stay low..<3
Say when !
Closed Thread