Problems with TOTO Energy

My experience with TOTO Energy has been a nightmare so after only 3 months with them I changed supplier following their huge hike in energy prices.

However TOTO continued to collect my DDR after my energy was switched to another provider on 20th January. 1 month later they are still holding on to my credit balance and have not approved a refund.

Please can someone guide me on what action I can take against the company to get this money back as quickly as possible. I want to sever my links with them - it takes up to 30 minutes to get through to their Customer Services so I assume there are lots of complaining customers out there like me! Thanks.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi - welcome to the forum. Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to issue you with a Final Bill within 6 weeks of the date on which your supply was taken over by your present supplier. Your credit should be refunded shortly thereafter. If you are sure that you have a credit balance then you can cancel your DD but this MAY give Toto a problem repaying your credit?
  • DaveBJ wrote: »
    My experience with TOTO Energy has been a nightmare so after only 3 months with them I changed supplier following their huge hike in energy prices.

However TOTO continued to collect my DDR after my energy was switched to another provider on 20th January. 1 month later they are still holding on to my credit balance and have not approved a refund.

Please can someone guide me on what action I can take against the company to get this money back as quickly as possible. I want to sever my links with them - it takes up to 30 minutes to get through to their Customer Services so I assume there are lots of complaining customers out there like me! Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation with them owing me £324.
    I cancelled my DD to stop them taking further payments.
    Rather than stress over the phone I sent them an email reminder which they've replied saying they are waiting for approval, I shall send them one more polite email before escalating.
  • I too have been charged for two months direct debit following the closure of my TOTO account (should have spotted it after a month but was working abroad at the time). I have opened a case in MSE resolver. Good luck.
  • jackywacky
    jackywacky Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    jackywacky wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with them owing me £324.
    I cancelled my DD to stop them taking further payments.
    Rather than stress over the phone I sent them an email reminder which they've replied saying they are waiting for approval, I shall send them one more polite email before escalating.

Have now escalated to https://www.resolver.co.uk/
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite

Thanks for that jackywacky I have also used resolver.

"Dear Customer Services,

Account number (electricity/gas/dual fuel): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Account Reference:

I am contacting you as my account is currently in credit therefore you owe me an outstanding amount. To explain more detail I closed the account and TOTO have not refunded the accounts credit of £116.48. I find this unacceptable and would like you to investigate this for me.

I am dissatisfied with the service provided and to rectify this I would like you to Pay me the refund.

I do not feel it is reasonable for you to be holding my money in your account. Please ensure that these monies are released, along with any interest accrued.

I would appreciate if you could you look into this issue for me and respond back to me within 7 days, to avoid me having to escalate my issue.

Please reply to my resolver email account as I would like to keep all of my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Service Reference:
    Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  • jackywacky
    jackywacky Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    jackywacky wrote: »

Just checked my bank account and I've been refunded.
    By coincidence it seems the refund was made at the same time as the Resolver was being opened so in my case Resolver was not needed.
    Good luck to others still waiting
  • Like others I've also had 2 unauthorised direct debits taken after closing my account with Toto and am struggling to get money back, two deadlines given by them have come and gone. Total have confirmed verbally they owe me close on £400 but I'm still trying to get a final statement (account closed 28//12/17). All they send me are links which - as I am no longer a customer - I can't open. They are fully aware of this but seem unable to email a statement to me. I'm about to push this over to the Energy Ombudsman. Would encourage others in the same boat to do likewise.
  • DaveBJ wrote: »

They shouldn’t have taken anything by DD after you’ve cancelled with them. Ask your bank to repay you whatever they’ve taken under the Direct Debit Guarantee.
  • suewebb
    suewebb Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    I have had a similar problem with Toto. When they wrote to me in December to say they were hiking their prices (and i could leave without any exit fees) I did just that. I was in credit but moved to another company who started taking payments and providing me with gas & electric on January 2nd this year. In February I realised Toto was still taking payments. I cancelled my DD and contacted Toto for a refund. Nothing happened. In March I went to my bank who refunded me, Toto then refunded me but has been hounding me ever since! I've been threatened with a bad credit rating, baliffs.... Last week I wrote to the MD of Toto, sending all the correspondence and today received a reply that it has been handed back to collections and as 'a goodwill gesture' they will knock off £50! I have tried ringing them (before I sent the letter to the MD) but all I got was Vicky Pollard who kept saying 'So are you going to pay or what?' I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Any advice as to what to do next will be gratefully accepted as I don't owe them anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure