Time Share Contract Lockin

We have a had a time share with De Vere for the last 12 years. Over the past couple of years the fees have increased so much (33% last year) we have decided to hand the time share back to De Vere. We have had it up for sale through De Vere but they are not pro active in this cause.
De Vere have told us we are locked in the contract and are obliged through their constitution to continue to pay the ever rising fees until we mange to sell..

Does anyone have the same experience and is there any advice out there?

regards

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    pachristie wrote: »
    We have a had a time share with De Vere for the last 12 years. Over the past couple of years the fees have increased so much (33% last year) we have decided to hand the time share back to De Vere. We have had it up for sale through De Vere but they are not pro active in this cause.
    De Vere have told us we are locked in the contract and are obliged through their constitution to continue to pay the ever rising fees until we mange to sell..

Does anyone have the same experience and is there any advice out there?

regards

Hi pachristie - we're not covering time share contract issues on the CAB board at the moment. We'd recommend contacting our Consumer Helpline (08454 04 05 06, 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays) for advice on this, or your local bureau. We'd suggest having the contract and any other documents to hand when you call or visit, so they can help with the details.

We have some information on our Adviceguide website about timeshares and the various issues and pitfalls that can happen - so you might be interested in reading through to see if it could be of any help.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure