powergen online ex txu

Options
hi
i was originally on txu which was taken over by powergen but i am now trying to switch to powergen online.i managed to register my eletricity account online but does anybody know how to then add the gas account to the same account as it doesnt appear obvious how to do this once i am logged in. also has anyone got a phone number for powergen online that deals with ex txu customers as we are on a different database .
cheers
-....-.---.---. ..... .- -.-.
.--..-...-. -.-...--.-

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    not sure about adding accounts as it was so long ago I registered but I'm ex-TXU on online and just use the contact us numbers they have on the website and it's fine as long as you have account number I think
  • loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    You will need to call powergen on 0800 015 0211 (uk call centre).

Txu are powergen. Powergen aquired txu and are currently in the process of udating txu systems to run on powergen systems and making the whole thing fully integrated.

The problem you have here is that you have now applied to powergen to transfer your supply to your new supplier... powergen. Even though they have different mpan areas, they are still the same company. So, the transfer may go through but it is more than likely to mess up the accounts.
    Beware the green?
  • scooter100_2
    Options
    after many phone calls of getting nowhere i just had the following email reply

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you will need to register your gas account separately online, as we are unable to link the two accounts together.

The EnergyOnline tariff is not yet available to former TXU/Eastern customers, and is only currently available from Powergen East Midlands. This is due to the fact that we are using different computer systems at the moment. However, we are working to ensure that all Powergen customers will be able to benefit from this service, and we are taking the details of all customers who are interested. We will then notify them once it becomes available.

I hope this information is helpful and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused

So now i have my electricity online but not my gas ,on two different tariffs presumably costing me more money than before and another day of phone calls ahead to put it back to what it was before.
    Also used energyhelpline website to get me the best deal (recommended energy online from powergen) so their results are rubbish as well.
    What a waste of time.
    Thanks for the replys above.
    -....-.---.---. ..... .- -.-.
    .--..-...-. -.-...--.-
  • loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Mail Mark Todd from energyhelpline or check his last post as he has some info. If you have dual fuel with pgen and you have had it confirmed that you elec will be on the online tariff, then you will have the gas too. Powergens energy online tariff is dual fuel ONLY, which means that if you have had eol conformation then it will apply to both.
    Beware the green?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport