Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    That's so exciting and very inspiring. You sound less anxious about what happens at that debt free point now you have new aims and goals :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Woo hoo! I think you deserve a woo hoo.

I can't believe how close you are - being in the hundreds is the thing that dreams are made of :) I hope I can follow in your footsteps sooner rather than later!

I think you're right about the next step of your journey - having renovations and repairs do cost money but it'll be fantastic to be standing in your new kitchen or on your newly sealed roof (not sure what's wrong with your roof exactly, so i went with sealed!) and that will make paying for it all easier.

When it's just money being paid out to seemingly nothing at all, that's the hard part I think.

You're within touching distance and I'm so pleased for you :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • DIA, I am so pleased for you and so ruddy proud of you as well! You have come through so many challenges and you absolutely should be proud of yourself - at every step.

The sabbatical sounds wonderful. A goal, a reward and a transition into your new DF life.

Also, I absolutely love your line about 'already said yes to myself' and it's joining my wall of inspirations. That's exactly the difference that security makes - independence and freedom.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the bargains.
    Not such good news on the poor man though :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just noticed your new balance , you are almost there.

Hope you have made plans for your next part of your life .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the refund.

I had people coming today so was forced to clean & tidy up~~ so it is done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    reading, advocado is 69p in lidl, if that is a bargain, Ive never really tried them . good luck nearly there
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • DIA, one more thing you might like to take into account (no pun intended) re bank accounts - most of them now require you to move direct debits to get the switching bonuses, so it may be worth spreading them across one or two current accounts. That makes it easier than moving the debits - it all just goes across when you move the account. Not that you'd be doing that every year in order to circulate all the switch payments and make at least £125 a year tax free... *whistles innocently, blushes slightly*

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Good news on the £15 credit, but shame about feeling low. Hopefully getting your home into better shape will help. I hope you're still burning your oils? I do love some calm and relaxing scents to ease the mind.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport