Barclaycard PPI - advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You dont make reasonable requests for information. You send a SAR and £10.
    Your letter from them was a final response. The letter would have a had a leaflet in it explaining what the fincial ombudsan do and what your time was for escalating your complaint. You didn't. Your complaint is over.
    We will most likely issue a court claim now, in the hope that their lawyers acknowledge that they have not acted reasonably.

You have a snowballs chance.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    We will most likely issue a court claim now, in the hope that their lawyers acknowledge that they have not acted reasonably.
    That will just end up costing you money.

Your complaint has failed. Time to move on...
  • Gerard_Saunders
    Options
    My complaint has not failed until I give up. Barclays behaved very badly; denying at one point that we’d even had an account, then claiming to ‘lose’ our bank details months after we had provided them for the second time. Then they have the cheek to acknowledge that we had an account but try to claim we are out of time. Shabby.

We will send off the tenner and see what, if anything, new they come up with. The Ombudsman has said that if Barclays do not provide evidence to support refusal of our claim they will go back to them again on our behalf.

Time will tell but we are not done yet.
  • -taff
    Options
    You complaint HAS already failed.

Barclays has rejected your complaint. You were out of time to complain to the Ombudsman so they can't help no matter what you think they can do. Barclays have refised to open the compaint again and they are allowed to do that.

It is over.
  • Gerard_Saunders
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    You complaint HAS already failed.

Barclays has rejected your complaint. You were out of time to complain to the Ombudsman so they can't help no matter what you think they can do. Barclays have refised to open the compaint again and they are allowed to do that.

It is over.

It is not ‘over’ if the Ombudsman decides that Barclays have acted wrongly and agree to take matters up further with them. That decision has yet to be made.
  • -taff
    Options
    Beware of turning this into a crusade. Just because you want someting to happen, doesn't mean it will.
  • Gerard_Saunders
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Beware of turning this into a crusade. Just because you want someting to happen, doesn't mean it will.

Thank you, of course I am aware of that. I have to see what Barclays come back with, and the ombudsman’s response.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only way this complaint succeeds is if the FOS decide that the timebar was applied incorrectly. Your first post indicated that it was past 6 months and Barclays have barred it. So, the FOS cannot overrule that unless there is a justifiable reason why it took you the whole of the period to raise the complaint with the FOS. The FOS rarely overrule on these. Only tends to incapacity (such as being in hospital most of the time) or death of a direct family member.

What you perceive to be Barclays behaviour will not be considered by the FOS. The minute the FOS see Barclays response and that it states that they will be enforcing the 6 month limit, the FOS will end it there unless you have been incapacitated.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2017 at 12:54AM
    Options
    My complaint has not failed until I give up.
    No, it's failed whether you "give up" or not.

Continuing will be akin to knocking your head against a brick wall. You should instead heed the advice given here and move on from this.. I certainly wouldn't be spending any money on your "quest"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure