PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    LW - thank you. (just typed a response and lost it to the ether:eek::eek:)

did a Baltic Cruise from Tilbury on Marco Polo and hoping to see the Fjords before too long (subject to RA treatment etc). Cruise and Maritime would not accept our booking when I was having tests for some heavy health stuff so our planned Norwegian Fjords cruise a couple of years ago could not happen.:(:( Now have diagnosis for that problem and more recently RA, so hopeful of feeling well enough and getting reasonably priced insurance, we may try again for the Spring:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I love the Magellan. What I call “faded elegance” but she’s still a grand old lady. Very comfortable. Not been on the Marco Polo but my friend really rates her and although she’s a small ship she is apparently well suited to the Atlantic runs.

I am actually going on the Columbus this time, one of CMVs new ships. She looks nice.

I am sailing from Tilbury but CMV have opened up new routes and now sail from Bristol, Liverpool, a couple of ports on the east coast, a couple in Scotland and I think it’s Cobh in Ireland, so really making it easy for those of us who don’t care to fly.

I don’t know if I have mentioned it but I am actually booked on a “bucket list cruise” in January.......to the Amazon. The big one. Fulfilling a lifetimes ambition. ;) sailing on the Magellan.

Wahoo. And joy of joys - no flying. Six weeks on the High Seas. :D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Maddie......what a shame you missed out last time. I do hope you get well enough to travel in the spring. It will do you the power of good.

I shopped around and managed to get a good annual policy for £135. This includes the extended Amazon trip and had a small loading for my diabetes. So I thought that was pretty good.

I’m not diabetic any more so hopefully next year my insurance should be even cheaper.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    https://nursingnotes.co.uk/gabapentin-pregabalin-set-become-controlled-drugs/
    Not quite sure of the implications of this, for those of us on Lyrica or Gabapentin 😣If they stop my tablets, I will be almost immobile though 😣
    LL , have a fab cruise hun, n try n update us with your adventures ;)
    Having a lazy day with the pooches today.Might watch a film later.Saw "I Daniel Blake " the other day n cried buckets 😣
    I'm having a "big" birthday next week.Going out for a family meal on the day, but feel curiously blank about it all.Think I need a good slap tbh :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I'm replying to Candy's post first as i haven't read back yet . We had heard of the possible reclassification of both Lyrica and Gaba . It may not be a negative move as both those drugs have possibility but not probability of addiction . My dd already takes two controlled drugs and has done for a number of years with no problem .
    The important thing is the level of monitoring by GPs . In a good scenario the drugs and their effects both physically and mentally will be watched carefully . Some can't access that level of regular care and as no-one is assessing whether they are still appropriate or needed may become dependent without good cause .
    Daniel Blake the dvd is still sitting by the tv . I watched a little as I am an admirer of Ken Loach from the time he wrote Cathy come home and inspired the setting up of Shelter .
    It is upsetting and to be honest we aren't those that need to made aware of what is happening . We in our various ways learned the hard way . Sadly those who need a wake up call wont be interested or care .
    I hope you enjoy your birthday whatever you do
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone - I've not managed to reply in a while but I have been reading and catching up!

A few pages back some people mentioned support groups and that they had not had a good experience with them, I'd just like to add in that not all are like that and I attended and excellent on for MS where we have coffee mornings, parties and days out etc! My daughter also benefits massively from the young Carers association which has changed her life a lot. I know some groups might not always be like this but I'd hate anyone to read the negative and be put off trying a support group!

I'm not doing great but not too bad either! I've been back to work for a month and I'm still on a phased return which helps me massively, the kids have been back to school and after school activities too and I'm managing with meal planning and batch cooking (just) but the house work and washing is drowning me! With the wetter weather I can get nothing dry and I'm just too tired to attempt to clean up other than a general wipe round. I'm hoping I can get a little done this week while the kids are at school but I have appointments to go to as well.

My gluten free has had a slip up and I feel rotten again but will keep trying! Think I'm getting cold again which is not good!

Hope everyone is well and plodding along
    Living the simple life
  • pollyanna_26
    First of all as she may be planning a long soak and an early night i want to wish Bon Voyage to LL . The initial apprehension will quickly fade and I expect you to lead the classiest conga ever around the main deck :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Hopefully the Pain Pen wont feature too much but it's a good test if needed .
    I'm not a huge adventurer but one place I've always wanted to see is Norway and the Fjords . I have in true Monty Python fashion pined for them since 5th Form when I first really saw the beauty .
    It's interesting to note no fly cruises and I'm sure you've some lasting memories LW . Well done on the cards in advance , may I ask what a PDA is? I suspect it's something techie , useful things generally are .
    Nice to catch up Tink. I'm glad your MS support group was helpful and supportive . I think the negatives were around the social aspects rather than other matters . Some raise your spirits but some make you search for the exit .The phased return to work has certainly helped you and as for the housework do only what is totally necessary . With appointments coming up concentrate your energy there . Fingers crossed the cold doesn't develop .
    Well the old memory is playing up once more . I think caronc may have finally reached retirement so wish her well . I hope the legs are improving AOT although the weather isn't conducive to much time outdoors . I've battened down once more and with a bit of luck it will all be a storm in a tea cup , no pun intended .
    Sending healing vibes to cranky.
    I was going shopping Friday and didn't was going to tomorrow but still a "wee bit wabbit" Nausea and dizziness have gone and back on the Yorkshire Tea but I feel washed out .Looks like Tuesday then . Thank goodness for store cupboards and freezers .
    Hope all are well .
    polly x

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the healing vibes Polly, they're still very much needed. It sounds like you could do with a few yourself. Hugs :)
  • pollyanna_26
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Thanks for the healing vibes Polly, they're still very much needed. It sounds like you could do with a few yourself. Hugs :)

I really hope things start to improve for you soon . I'm ok , more a bit run down really .My eyes and ears have been on Manchester today , not via MSM . Head is whizzing so I'm trying to get in the mood for sleep . Not really thread related but the people are singing in the way of Les Mis .
    polly x

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Polly , n hope you feel a bit better tomorrow ❤I've been using the perskindol n it's helping my knees a bit 😁
    You're wise to avoid watching the film if you're not up to it .
    Healing HUGGLES to all xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills