IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC 'Driver left site'

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    UKPC do not allow email appeals. Online appeals page, choose 'registered keeper'.

I suspect the Managers will NOT be allowed to cancel a UKPC charge but the overall Management Agent will.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    UKPC do not allow email appeals. Online appeals page, choose 'registered keeper'.

I suspect the Managers will NOT be allowed to cancel a UKPC charge but the overall Management Agent will.

... and watch out because the select boxes default to Driver and change back to Driver if you edit another part of the online form.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • SamPerry
    SamPerry Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks again.

Purely out of interest, what difference does it make if it's the driver or registered keeper in such an instance as this? Especially as the ticket was attached to the windscreen and not in the post?

I know nothing about this and am just interested.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SamPerry wrote: »
    Thanks again.

Purely out of interest, what difference does it make if it's the driver or registered keeper in such an instance as this? Especially as the ticket was attached to the windscreen and not in the post?

I know nothing about this and am just interested.

The keeper (who may or may not be the registered keeper) has the protection of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 behind them. The scammers must comply with each and every requirement of the act in order to transfer liability to the keeper.
    Most PPCs fail to comply with the act and therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.

The driver has no such protection. This is why were banging on about not revealing the driver's identity.

All this is explained in the NEWBIES thread. You therefore still have some homework to do. ;)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First of all, Sam perry is of course NOT my real name! I have ensured that details like that can not be linked to me in case this comes to appeal or court etc.

Secondly thanks for the reply. No one approached the driver or made any reasonable attempt to tell me the driver was leaving the site. If they had the driverwould have stepped back into car park land to avoid breaching the terms of parking. The signs did state that you couldn't leave the site. But the driver saw nothing to indicate the site boundary such as a line, closed gate, notice etc.

It is UK parking control LTD and I am the registered keeper of the car.

Please edit your posts as above !!!!!
  • SamPerry
    Options
    Thanks again for all the replies and help on this site. Just to let you know I appealed as advised on day 26 by copying the appeal letter from the newbie thread and got a reply the other day that the charge has been cancelled. Perhaps slightly disappointed as I was looking forward more to the next stage of the appeal but relieved it's all over!

Thanks again.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't think the financial loss would be relevant.

it is U.K. Parking Control. The ticket states an address in Coventry and and signs also have an address in Middx. But it appears to be the company you have linked to.

Am I best to appeal this stating along the lines of what I have put in my original post?

Thanks again
    Just out of interest, which address in Coventry (as that's my home city and I may know it)?
  • SamPerry
    Options
    According to the letter it's The Apex, sheriffs orchard, CV1 3PP
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks again for all the replies and help on this site. Just to let you know I appealed as advised on day 26 by copying the appeal letter from the newbie thread and got a reply the other day that the charge has been cancelled. Perhaps slightly disappointed as I was looking forward more to the next stage of the appeal but relieved it's all over!

Thanks again.

Great news! Sounds like the retailer complaint did the trick, if you did that as well?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SamPerry
    Options
    I did do a retailer complaint but had absolutely no response from them apart from an auto-confirmation email. I assumed they were refusing to discuss car parking matters but perhaps behind the scenes they did do something. I was thinking the template letter off here did it combined with the fact they had no evidence to prove if te driver left site or not so knew a POPLA code would be a waste of their money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure