Unusual insurance

Please bear with me as I am new to this!.
I have just spent the last 2 weekends decorating a shed masquerading as a beach hut on the Kent coast.
Sadly I have spoken to a number of residents who tell me some of the local sports include beach hut roof surfing and speed beach hut fire starting and it has been suggested to me that I take out insurance.
Searching through the MSE site - no joy - lots of techniques to reduce the cost of "normal" stuff - nothing about unusual requests for insurance.
I have only found one company who will insure such an item - not the greatest start for savings.
Can anyone suggest where I might contact to see if I can save some money?
Presumably there must be companies out there who will insure things like this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    have you tried putting into to google " beach hut insurance " ?

seems a bit of info there
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • yes I have and none of it seemed to be of any use - all lead back to one company. thanks anyway
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Perhaps all roads lead to Rome!

They do seem to have the market tied up- on the web at least.

Does their policy not suit?

Would have thought a tradiational local ( to the beach) smaller insurance broker will also do it.

Also have you looked in the beach hut associations / local council information
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    I am pretty sure it is neigh on impossible to get these insured as my mum had one and couldnt get any.
    And yes unfortunately it did get torched.
  • I appreciate that notification that you are a winner is usually a catch, but has anybody had experience with a personal accident insurance from Baker St London.
    I have been guaranteed a Cash Prize On 17th September providing I send a Direct Debit Signed commencing payment of £4 Monthly from 2nd October.
    A proviso states that I can cancel at any time and received an assurance that I will definately get a sum of money up to £30,000 after 17th of this month.
    The old adage "no such thing as something for nothing" occurs to me. Am I alone in receiving this?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    they stopped sending me this , as i was signing up, receiving my cash prize (by cheque) then cancelling the direct debit.

made about £50 over 4 years.........
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family