IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPE Aviator Way Manchester

Hiya guys,

Missus had parking ticket in June this year and did nowt with it.

Now has a letter which says Final Letter Before Action from UKPE saying they require £100 for breach of contract.
I have dug out what she got but cannot scan and post it. offence 24-6-16- Notice to keeper dated 14-7-16 received on 17-7-16...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• UK Parking Enforcement are a trading name of UK Parking Management and Enforcement LTD with address of suite 73, 792 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 6UG.

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    so its UKPME , not UKPE !

IPC members , so all you can do (apart from pay which we do not advise) is IGNORE anything except an LBC or an MCOL

read the NEWBIES sticky thread where its all explained

read anything about the IPC , IAS and IGNORING unless court papers are issued

UKPME have 6 years to try a court claim (MCOL) - google it

if it really is an LBC , then it should be treated as one and replied to and debt denied etc

ps:- no need for 2 threads on the same topic either

please pm CRABMAN or SOOLIN and ask for them to be mereged

one topic - one thread

thanks
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Old thread, but I'm dealing with 3 court claims this week for this location. It seems that they are contracted by Regus Office Space, but the land is owned by Goodmans who also operate the Manchester Business Park at Aviator Way.

The guy behind the business, Alex, is as we speak, parked up waiting for his next victim, but I think he has clocked me taking photos of the signs... Very similar to UKPC and their forbidding contract gibberish.

I'm looking into it more now, but being IPC, and coupled with no valid contact details for the company, UKPE (or whatever the pseudonym today is) I'm pretty certain these won't get in front of a judge.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is this parking, or stooping in a roadway where stooping is not allowed/prohibited by signage?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • StaffsSW
    I've got both - two are for not displaying a permit, the other is a no stopping charge. All three vehicles are allocated to a company that is based on the site.

Usual Gladstones robo-claim, so I doubt it will get as far as a hearing.
  • Zenboor
    Zenboor Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi StaffsSW,

Sorry to hijack this thread!

I got a Notice To Keeper through the post yesterday. I also work for a company based in the Business Park but my parking permit had faded so the Company Name and Registration number were not showing. A few weeks ago, the parking attendant saw me having a smoke outside and he was kind enough to point this out to me. I went straight into the Regus Reception and asked for a new parking permit. They said I should email them with my request which I did that same afternoon. Never got an email confirmation telling me the parking permit is ready though!

I've collected my new parking permit today and they said that it's been ready for a while and I should have collected before. They say there is nothing they can do to get the PCN cancelled.

Should I just cough up the £60 and move on? I say this because two of my colleagues have also received parking fines and it's gone to the court stage!

Thanks in advance.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Should I just cough up the £60 and move on?
    We never advise that but it's your call.

Loads of cases go to court on here but we've never lost one v Gladstones.
    Usual Gladstones robo-claim, so I doubt it will get as far as a hearing.
    Yep, you can always trust them to muck it up!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • StaffsSW
    Zenboor wrote: »
    Hi StaffsSW,

Sorry to hijack this thread!
    Should I just cough up the £60 and move on? I say this because two of my colleagues have also received parking fines and it's gone to the court stage!

Thanks in advance.

If you work with Ben or Sid, then I'm already talking to them about it ;)

Wendy at Regus is also being quite helpful and is useful to speak to.
  • SnakeGuy
    SnakeGuy Posts: 8 Forumite
    I also work in Regus and Have 2 separate UKPE / UKPME PCNs.
    Both are from me parking in my normal spot.

I read the newbie guide and since they are an IPC member, I will send them the template.

I did actually try and appeal first on their site, but the form is broken.

Does anyone have their email address?
    How else do we send them the templated reply?

Cheers
  • SnakeGuy
    SnakeGuy Posts: 8 Forumite
    How did the rest of you get on with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure