Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

missymoo81
missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 12 August 2017 at 8:02AM in Debt free diaries
Right debts are at an all time high! House is an all time mess!!!!! I'm going to put the two credit cards onto a single 0% card (hopefully) and try and pay it all off in 2 years! Which means hefty payments of £340 a month!! I CAN do it.
And to get me started I am going to spend only £10 per week on shopping for the next 6 weeks!!!!! OH is away working so it's just me DD 4yr old May and DS 5yr old Roo to feed.

I have MASSES of food in all cupboards, freezers and fridge!

Along side this I need to get the house sorted, img my house is a mess, just stuff everywhere, Everything needs a good clean and a good declutter!

So who's with me?!

Will write a meal plan and shopping list for Monday later! And to keep myself accountable I will update daily!

Much love

Missy

Comments

• Lucylocks
    Lucylocks Posts: 92 Forumite
    I have a Roo too! Best name ever. Good luck!
    LBM 28/3/17 £24,971 :eek: 28/6/17 £14,376 42% paid
  • missymoo81
    Thanks LucyLocks.

Well I'm home from work and have had a good look in the cupboards and fridge.
    Pretty sure I can keep to my £10 this week.
  • missymoo81
    Ok have enough fresh stuff to last the weekend, if I eak out the milk! Think I have some oat milk in the cupboard if not.

So this is my list for Aldi

Bananas x 10 120
    Bread x 3 105
    Pasta 29
    Porridge 75
    Beans 23
    Carrots 42
    Passata 35
    Tomatoes 29
    Peas 69
    Broccoli 89
    Sugar 59
    Milk 145
    Mince 145
    Bleach 40

Not quite £10 but I have a £1.50 contingency that I've just found on the side lol.

Have apples to pick from the garden and berries to make jam hence the sugar.

Will post meal plan in a bit
  • missymoo81
    Obv amazing At maths, all of the above comes to £10.05!!! :o so I can keep most of my contingency!

Children will have cereal for breakfast as have a new unopened box Of shreddies type cereal. So that should last the week. I have bags and bags of frozen bananas and protein mix from last year, so I'll have that for breakfast. Littlies will have sandwiches, and I have eggs and cake making bits so will make cakes for snacks, and I have pears and will pick apples. I will prob have toast for lunch or chia pudding. And I have a list for dinners, will find and post shortly!

So tonight I will sort my credit card out to be 0%. And sort out a DD. I need to eBay stuff this weekend as well as have a big clear out. Not at work until next weds. Going to be as No spend As possible and throw any extra £ at the debt. Have been driving at 60mph instead of 80mph :o obviously I mean 70mph!:o and that is saving me money too. Need to drop OH off at airport at 1pm but will get started house sorting after that!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sounds like you have a great opportunity to lower your grocery spends for 6 weeks! I could never do that with my husband home but if it was just the kids and I, I could probably last 2-3 weeks on what we have and £10 of fresh stuff. It's just about being smart about it, isn't it?

Good luck with the ebaying! That's one thing that keeps slipping to the very bottom of my list every week.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • missymoo81
    Hi JoJoC! Yep I have had eBay stuff in a bag for years!!! But I WILL do some this weekend!
  • missymoo81
    Thanks redofromstArt. Am desperately waiting for the solar panels to kick in as have 5 loads of washing to do, and want to do it for free!
  • missymoo81
    Ok OH has mowed the lawn, I've picked a whole collander of blackberries, have the prickles to prove it! And have just stuck a wash load on! Kitchen is a state but will do that later on this afternoon. Am going to try and do the ironing in the sunshine later too. Busy, busy! Small ones want dippy egg and soldiers for dinner! That's nice and easy and I shall have beans on toast (my favourite!). Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sun has gone in here now, think we are due rain later.

Love your £10 a week food spend. I usually spend £60 but we too have done a stock check of cupboard and freezer stuff and a meal plan and I've just spent £39 in Aldi.

Feta salad for lunch for me then we're having bacon, eggs, mushrooms for tea!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure