Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 29th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,108Posts
    • 22,147Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    NST - Stupendous Sextilis
    • 29th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    NST - Stupendous Sextilis 29th Jul 17 at 3:14 PM
    Welcome to August’s NST challenge – August was originally the 6th month of the year and was called Sextilis, in 27BC it was renamed August in tribute to the first Roman emperor – Augustus Ceasar.

The flowers which represent August are the Poppy and Gladioli – I love these flowers and just the other day saw a purple poppy.

August is Happiness Happens Month – I think this will tie in nicely with our gratitudes - so for the month of August we are going to find the positive in everything.

This month we also have National Allotment Week and National Afternoon Tea week which both happen to be on the same week so I think we need to mark these in some way – ideas to follow.

We also have Colouring Book day on 2nd August so if you don’t have colouring book and felt pens/crayons you can go out and buy them and we won’t count them as a spend!!!

I know August is busy with holidays so try to join in as much as you can.

Thanks to all Turtles for joining the thread this month.

Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings.

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.

The challenge will run from 1st August 00:01 until 31st August 00:00.

Please post as much as possible to let us know your progress.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 33 for October
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/10/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
Page 3
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 1st Aug 17, 6:20 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 2,364 Thanks
    lcc86
    Today has been the first NSD of the month the important bills and standing orders have all gone through.

I ordered another tyre to be fitted next week for the car, I took money from another savings pot so that'll be £52. Much cheaper than the one I got yesterday but I was stuck yesterday and had to pay whatever they quoted!

Tomorrow the gpig has to go back to the vet, he's not getting any better so it's probably something serious. With the small ones it's so hard to diagnose. I don't think I have the money either tbh, after spending out on the car and already wiping out the vet fund I'm probably going to have to use the cc. I'm not too concerned as I don't use it for anything else and it'll be the only debt I have so can pay it off quickly.

Gratitudes of the day:
    1. A clear, easy commute thanks to summer holidays
    2. A colleague feeling she could confide in me
    3. Hopefully getting an issue at work resolved
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 01/10/17 - £420 2017 365 day challenge £527 saved for emergency fund
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 1st Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    • 6,424 Posts
    • 46,866 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Calling - a red baywatch swimsuit, eh? Go girl!

Fmess - even more work! You never stop!

Today I am grateful or a fresh start with all you turtles for company, for getting to brighton today, for dd enjoying the toy museum, for time on the beach, for packed lunch food keeping costs right down, for plenty of steps, for my snuggly warm bed (there are so many people living on the streets in b), for mum's hosp appt only taking 20 mins, for dd having enough energy to then spend the evening running aroun outside, for an NSD.
    NST Organise October #10; NSD 12/20; Ex 6/20; craft 6/31 (212); remove 514
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3320/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £23,689 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 1st Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Today has been a spendy day.

I've brought a pair of jeans - £10. So, at least I have one pair of jeans with no holes in the thigh. We also did a small top up shop after work, mainly sandwich stuff and fruit but a few other bits, ended up spending £16.

I cancelled my National Trust renewal yesterday- both me and the OH have been paying separately as adults which is stupid. We've both cancelled but we'll join as a couple when we next visit. I still have this month on my previous card so I'm hoping that hasn't been cancelled as well!

We need to do the same with English Heritage.

Gratitudes

I'm grateful that I didn't have to cook tonight
    I'm grateful that I didn't get rained on this afternoon
    I'm grateful to myself for doing the overtime and overpaying my credit card by £100 this month.
    October grocery challenge £150.54/£200 | October cleaning budget £75.16/£75 | October NSD 9/15
    Credit Card: £220 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,240 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,684 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • Florence J
    • By Florence J 1st Aug 17, 8:22 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 9,073 Thanks
    Florence J
    Yey, today was a NSD.

Need to post my targets.

Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings.

For me I don't really mind what I spend or how much on one category, as long as I don't get into debt. I only have about £50 spending money this month so will have to be careful. I have been spending too much money on too many things that could have been avoided. I am trying to go hardcore this month.

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?

Not buying clothese this year unless with vouchers, but am very mindful about food waste and i find all food waste upsetting, had to throw away two carrots at the weekend which could have been avoided for pre planning.

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

Today I am grateful for seeing a train informally known as 'the flying banana' which is a big must see for train spotters (I'm not a train spotter but a childhood love of Thomas the Tank Engine means I am always pleased when I see an interesting train)

For listening to a podcast on the train home with the connection surviving going through a tunnel.

My boss saying something good about how I am working.

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.

I don't think I can really think about holidays after only recently returning to work following a sickness absence, but will try to maximise my weekends and use flexible working options at work.

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

I would be overjoyed with 15 NSDs. As I have never reached that target before that is what I will aim for.

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.

I will try to pop on here everyday as sometimes I find it hard to do that during the week. That will be my 'me time'

My desired debt free date is my 30th birthday. I am nearly 28.5. It will involve a hell of a lot of hard work.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 10 #553 (£90) Wombling free 2017 = £1623.56 Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£2953.21/£3000) Debt to OH paid back £1120.95/£1120.95
    October 2017 Credit Card Debt: £4163.86
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 1st Aug 17, 8:30 PM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 17,125 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    We also have Colouring Book day on 2nd August so if you don’t have colouring book and felt pens/crayons you can go out and buy them and we won’t count them as a spend!!!
    I have a ninja turtle coloring book bought for me as an xmas present in my locker in work. It was for my quiet night shifts, but I only do days now.
    I think I'll break it out and colour a page in tomorrow on my break

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – Budgets set. I have a week off booked with bf, it should be farely cheap as we're spending a few days with my mum. So mainly petrol. I have budgeted £100 for the week.

Use (Up)I am trying to declutter & minimalise some of my stuff. I want to try and get to the end of the month without buying anything that isn't groceries or necessities.

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes. I think I'm going to change this up a little and instead post a daily achievement I think I have accomplished. Today it was getting quickly through all my monthly tasks at work as well as my normal weekly stuff. Feels good to keep on top of it all.

Upcoming (holidays)Off to see my mum for a few days, it's bfs birthday on the 22nd.

Spends1/22 NSDs - I reached my highest total last month. I'm going to try harder and attempt 22 NSDs this month. This leaves just 9 spend days. Today was NSD no.1

Time (for yourself) – I have a week off at my mums, which means I don't have to cook or clean, just lots of sitting around relaxing. Also want to trial bfs new bike and go for a nice ride together.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    - NSD's - /20
    EF Challenger #36 £1000/£5050
    / Lose weight 22.2 / 30lbs
    • greent
    • By greent 1st Aug 17, 9:31 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,845 Thanks
    greent
    Day 1 and NSD achieved. Spent 3+ hours at local playpark with some other mums and their offspring. Picnic lunch from home, so no spends incurred there Kids got to run around and use up some energy, and I got some mum-chat in Only downside is I ended up with sunburn on one arm. Came home and played cards with smalls, DD and my mum (who turned up as we were setting up) - my mum then took smalls out for a walk with her dogs. After dinner we played Frustration and then reading and bed. Was going to do some ironing and housework, but it's been very much a day with the smalls - which is fine by me!

Today I am thankful for:
    * simple pleasures of card games and board games and family time
    * meeting up with other mums and some friends of the smalls
    * picnic lunches and shared flask of tea with friends
    * my mum bringing around some clothes which she no longer wears (she is a shop-aholic) - more tops for me! (I quite often get given things with the tags still on.....)
    * gorgeous weather
    * line dried washing (inc some baby items for my sister - looked so cute on the line!)
    * easy dinner (batch cooked last week)
    * a bowl of plums from my mum's garden

Lots to be thankful for

Tomorrow I really need to do a bit of housework and some ironing - as well as spend some more time with the smalls. I need to return an item OH bought online, pick up his prescription (he has an exemption card, so no cost) and drop in confirmation of the g-pigs boarding for our Oct hols. DS3 is after a magazine as well (he will pay) but OH has a till spit with him from Tesc0 (spat out yesterday when buying lunch) for £1 off, so I may try and persuade him to wait one more day (OH will be back Thurs night) If I can stay away from the shops then I am forced to use up what is here!

Weather is predicted to be rainy tomorrow for most of the day, so I'm thinking a day of reading (DS3 has a reading challenge from school to complete), more games (Cluedo and Rummikub are apparently next on the list) and maybe some time on the x-trainer/ rower/ treadmill as a mini-comp and to use some energy up indoors..... They are pretty good at imaginative games totally by themselves, but a little encouragement that the exercise stuff can also be fun can't be a bad thing (only thinking of 5 min slots on each) - it's that or I get them doing Zumba with me to yootoob!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4607/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1202.80/£500 PAYDOX17 £11635/£10k Decluttered 1650/2017 items
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 1st Aug 17, 10:11 PM
    • 4,108 Posts
    • 22,147 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Some really great targets from everyone this month.

I have given everyone numbers up to here.

I still need to do my targets, tonight has been manic as late home from work by 1 hour and that pushes the whole evening back.
    I nearly had a heart attack on Sunday - my YNAB would not load - I thought I had lost the lot (again), didn't have time to sort it but when I logged in on Monday night it was all working fine - Phew!!

Today has been a NSD - barely had time to breathe, never mind to go to a shop.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. My job which I love
    2. Evening walks with the dogs
    3. Leftover roast dinner

Catch you all tomorrow clutching your colouring books and pens!!!!
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/10/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 1st Aug 17, 10:32 PM
    • 2,541 Posts
    • 23,984 Thanks
    Fmess
    Just realised I didn't explain my petrol spends (bet you were all on tenterhooks!). I have taken on a temping job at my old work (pre teaching) (apple I only lasted a week of the school holidays before I started going crazy and called up and asked for work! There is something wrong with me, I'm sure!) but it means driving into the city and that's a lot further than I had budgeted for. However, the extra income will make it worthwhile.

I'm declaring a SFD (number 1) as the only expense was a pet medical one (is that allowed, I don't have children ).

Apple what's Brighton like? I've always wanted to visit.

Hope you've all had a lovely day in this non-summer weather!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Roof Debt £1425/£8542
    SeptNST #? SFD 1/18 Food 101.16/120 Personal 160/200 Petrol 50/100
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 1st Aug 17, 10:33 PM
    • 3,045 Posts
    • 25,118 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Yay, the pet insurance finally paid out and it's even more than expected (350 instead of 270). Will redo my numbers a bit tomorrow.
    NST Oct 4
    SFD10/17 spends 574/480
    Exercise 10/17 Amazon vouchers for xmas £7
    Debt - all 0% 1656 to go from 5290 (68% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
    • cuddlymarm
    • By cuddlymarm 2nd Aug 17, 7:14 AM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    cuddlymarm
    Yesterday was a lovely day. My treat spend for the month has nearly gone already so may need extending slightly as we treated my niece and her family to fish and chips. We had a lovely afternoon letting the kids get soaked and Sandy on the beach, then after a shower and change a ride on a tram and fish and chips out. Simple pleasures.
    So I was grateful yesterday for
    My lovely little nephews
    For living close to the beach
    For the tide and weather allowing us to play on the beach

Today is my first shift in the charity shop. I'm really looking forward to it.
    I've paid my credit card off in full this morning so any spare money for the rest of the month will go towards the holiday fund.
    Today won't be a NSD because my online shop arrives this afternoon but then I shouldn't need to buy anything for a few days.
    Anyway better get on
    Have a good day guys
    Cuddles
    August food spend £94.18/£120
    Exercise week 1 4/4 week 2 5/4 week 3 week 4
    NSD5/15
    Treat budget £43.75/£40
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 2nd Aug 17, 7:53 AM
    • 4,108 Posts
    • 22,147 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Welcome to Day 2.

Colouring Book Day is an American tradition but I thought we should encompass it in our challenge this month.

So if you have a colouring book or printed sheets and some pens/crayons we all need to find time to do some colouring!!

Now off to work but hoping to leave early so will do my colouring this afternoon.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/10/17)
    • misstara
    • By misstara 2nd Aug 17, 7:55 AM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 16,707 Thanks
    misstara
    NSD 1 yesterday . Almost at work so will be back later with my targets for August.
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1414.77 (38.6% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 4/8, Gym 1/4. Groceries target £139.97/£150. NSD target 12/20.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 2nd Aug 17, 7:58 AM
    • 3,353 Posts
    • 28,795 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    I didn't bag a nsd in the end yesterday as I ended up treating myself to a drink at the theatre. I had the most amazing time! And it's really worth the fact that I've only had a few hours sleep and feel a bit tired this morning.
    I have a very full day of work followed by travelling home this evening. So I'll be on the go until at least half past nine tonight. No colouring for me but I will make the time to do some of my crochet on the train.
    So today I am grateful for:
    A fantastic night out at Wicked last night
    Having enough money to be able to treat myself
    A few days all to myself (even if it is work)
    NSTSeptember #32 NSD 8/18 RYSAW17 #1 £1313.42 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 2nd Aug 17, 9:07 AM
    • 3,045 Posts
    • 25,118 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Good morning,

lost my SFD yesterday as when I picked up DS ordered school uniform form from tesco I also picked up some butter and other things we had run out and I hadn't noticed when I did the shop on Sun. Need to be more vigilant.

Didn't make the gym yesterday either but will definitely go today.

Todays FW email got me having a look on her site. I think I'll do a wee no buying clothes challenge. Not that I buy loads as it is, but I tend to wear the same over and over till it breaks and then replace it while still not wearing the other stuff that I have. I probably spend under £100 a year and most of that with vouchers but I want to get into the habit of rotating my clothes more and wearing them all. SO...after I bid on some decent jeans on eBay (under a tenner hopefully) as my two regular pairs are nearly done and the skinnies only come out in winter with the boots I won't buy clothes till January 2019. I usually get next vouchers from FIL at Christmas, so I'll save them over the next two Christmases and use them IF needed. I'll have a rake through my wardrobe soon and see what I have, what needs chucked, mended, altered etc.
    Last edited by thriftylass; 02-08-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    NST Oct 4
    SFD10/17 spends 574/480
    Exercise 10/17 Amazon vouchers for xmas £7
    Debt - all 0% 1656 to go from 5290 (68% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
    • greent
    • By greent 2nd Aug 17, 2:13 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,845 Thanks
    greent
    As I had to pay the deposit for the g-pigs boarding at half term today I also did some other spending. Result=
    * Cleaning £9.95 (inc large pack of loo rolls)
    * Gifts £4.70
    * Clothes £26 (inc jeans for me)
    * Food £42.69
    (plus £50 on g-pigs boarding)

Ah, well - clothes (my jeans and socks for me) were definitely needed (and socks in sale), gifts were in sale, cleaning items needed and food spends weren't excessive.

Today I am thankful for:
    * cute and funky socks in the sale for DD - meaning 11 pairs for £6
    * finding a pair of jeans in my size (I'm short )
    * fruitcake!
    * the smalls amusing themselves in a nice way (no squabbling so far....)
    * my Tesc0 vouchers arriving - including some extra points vouchers which I'll actually use!

No colouring planned - but will have some therapeutic me time with my latest book (from the unread pile, passed on to me by someone) this evening
    x
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 2nd Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2,494 Posts
    • 18,559 Thanks
    Calling14
    lcc sorry to hear your guinea pig is no better. Vets are so expensive love to know how they justify their costs.
    greent how many g pigs have you got? You have to pay in advance for their boarding? Never had to do that with my dog even.

I am being hounded by my grown up kids to get a dog, I just worry too much about cost of one, vets fees, kennel costs. Managed now 2 years without one, still do hug border collies bit too much when they pass. We shall see. Would keep cats off my garden and they are good company. Better than men I have met.

Apple - the Baywatch swimsuit had to be returned. Stomach control was great however boob part wasn't. Couldn't do much rescues bouncing about everywhere. So stay safe in the water folks, if you fall in cold water stay calm and float first. Swim after got your breathing steady - yes I watched RNLI ad.

Nothing to report, will use my highlighters to color some work that's my colouring day.

SFD 2/15 in the bag

Forgot to defrost anything for tea. However could eat veggie lasagne from frozen as didn't have it last night. Made a tasty ploughman's instead.

Grateful for
    Sun coming out and getting really warm.
    Head cold feeling better slightly.
    Finding I had a yogurt left when I had ate all my lunch in work fridge- so happy.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 NOW 1250
    PAYDBX 2017 #16 3050 /4300 DFD 12/17
    E
    Fund #9 £60/£1,000
    1 x 100 days challenge 621.85/2000 ends 29/12/17

• better_times
    • By better_times 2nd Aug 17, 3:23 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    better_times
    Allocate – Budget set which includes school uniform and holiday spends, £600 paid off loan

Use (Up)
    – Used green thai curry powder, coconut milk and noodles from the cupboard, prawns from the freezer and onions, peppers, and garlic from the fridge.

Gratitudes
    I didn't have to pay the DVLA fine as I forgot to SORN my car off the road after I started using my mum's after she passed away so just under £70 saved they wrote it off when I rang to pay it
    I had a good appraisal at work
    I don't have to stress over buying school uniform as I have budgeted for it

Upcoming (holidays) – We are off to a caravan for a week me DD and bear (the dog) I will pack lunches and cook at night to keep the costs down

Spends – I will have 2/15 NSD’s

Time (for yourself) – Last night I watched Now you see me and knitted a square for my blanket
    Sealed Pot Challenge 441
    Loan £35,000 February 17/£30845.78 to date
    Step Change £12908.56
    Rent £565.95
    July focus Food

• greent
    • By greent 2nd Aug 17, 4:07 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,845 Thanks
    greent
    greent how many g pigs have you got? You have to pay in advance for their boarding? Never had to do that with my dog even.
    Originally posted by Calling14
    We've got 3 g-pigs. We have to pay 25% of the fee when confirming the booking (I paid more - I rounded it up - easier maths that way! ) It is a great boarding place, though - and very close to where we live
    x
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 2nd Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 7,694 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    NSD No 2

Cleared another kitchen cupboard and found even more chutney. I think he must have some unknown medial condition that manifests itself in collecting jars of chutney. Anyway, a productive day with housework and have washed the throws and cushion covers and a large number of scarves which were lurking in the bottom of the washing basket, All mine, I’m afraid.

Diet is so so but I’m trying. I don’t have a colouring book and the children have all disappeared (think they’re all off swimming) so I can’t even talk them into it. Sorry! Have tried to contact the cousin but I suspect she’s too tied up with the new wee one. If we do have afternoon tea might have to take Mum and baby as well. Actually, that’s a really good idea. When I was a new mum I would have loved someone to take me for tea.

Today’s treat - C is out with his friend but I’m more confident this week that it’s not going to cause a set back. I am sitting here with my feet up watching things that I like on catch up and Now TV. Have to confess having a guilty G & T: as I will not drink at home whilst he’s here and I am refusing to go to the pub at least until we go on holiday in six weeks time.

Today I’m grateful for:
    A bit of peace and quiet to myself.
    Feeling a lot less stressed
    Free kindle books (I am downloading them fro Amazon and powering through them each night).
    • greent
    • By greent 2nd Aug 17, 5:44 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,845 Thanks
    greent
    Have just found colouring apps on my phone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,009Posts Today

6,436Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin