Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 29th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,117Posts
    • 22,842Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    NST - Stupendous Sextilis
    • 29th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    NST - Stupendous Sextilis 29th Jul 17 at 3:14 PM
    Welcome to August’s NST challenge – August was originally the 6th month of the year and was called Sextilis, in 27BC it was renamed August in tribute to the first Roman emperor – Augustus Ceasar.

The flowers which represent August are the Poppy and Gladioli – I love these flowers and just the other day saw a purple poppy.

August is Happiness Happens Month – I think this will tie in nicely with our gratitudes - so for the month of August we are going to find the positive in everything.

This month we also have National Allotment Week and National Afternoon Tea week which both happen to be on the same week so I think we need to mark these in some way – ideas to follow.

We also have Colouring Book day on 2nd August so if you don’t have colouring book and felt pens/crayons you can go out and buy them and we won’t count them as a spend!!!

I know August is busy with holidays so try to join in as much as you can.

Thanks to all Turtles for joining the thread this month.

Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings.

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.

The challenge will run from 1st August 00:01 until 31st August 00:00.

Please post as much as possible to let us know your progress.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
Page 11
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 13th Aug 17, 7:14 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Oh dear! Bought a chicken. Well, it was reduced and we had a lovely roast dinner. Lots left for sandwiches and soup and I'm just about to start making stock. Hasn't helped the freezer situation but it has been worth the money.
    Since C gave up drinking (well, almost) and started going to bed at a reasonable (actually very early) time we've been getting up at the crack of dawn. It's amazing what you can get done when you're up early and there's no one about. It's a beautiful morning and we'll be walking to Mr L to get more cheap kitchen roll.
    Yesterday's treat - a lovely apple turnover.
    Grateful for just feeling content.
    • greent
    • By greent 13th Aug 17, 8:08 AM
    • 6,507 Posts
    • 65,672 Thanks
    greent
    Had to go to Tesc0 yesterday, so running spends are now:

Cleaning £22.24
    Toiletries £2.74
    Gifts £9.76/ £75
    Clothes £26/ £120
    Food £151.54/ £450
    Meals out/ Entertainment £40/ £250
    School shopping £43 / £300
    Car £0/ £150
    Money in £9.62/ £150

I have a box of books packaged up for Z1ffit in my hallway, so that will be some more money in. Also a small pile for Mus1cMagp1e - need to find a couple more to get their minimum though (mostly kids books, so not generally worth much)

Yesterday's gratitudes:
    * yummy unplanned lunch out with smalls and OH - fun, tasty and everyone was in a fab mood
    * 2 lots of washing line dried (shame about the resulting ironing pile! )
    * gorgeous fakeaway Nand0s for dinner which everyone enjoyed and DD plans to regularly recreate with bf when back at uni (Nand0s is one of their favourite haunts but they know they need to cut back on spends this year)
    * family day out planned for next weekend
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5278/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1259.72/£500 PAYDOX17 £12239/£10k Decluttered 1870/2017 items
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 13th Aug 17, 11:46 AM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 22,343 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Did nothing but sew baby blankets yesterday - have done 4 strips of 7 pieces each and 'planned' 3 blankets. If I did them constantly it would take another 3.5 days - mess in my room is getting me down (embroidery projects plus card making materials - box size of 5 packs of A4 printer paper packed with untouched magazines, other 2/3 cut up in bits - plus everything else. Can't see the wood for the trees.

Think I may self-medicate and take a trip to H&B for vitamin D tablets. Ran out about a week ago and have been taking a multi-vit but have been tired all week. Need a boost of some sort.

Need to order food for mum (M website permitting, may use alternative) and possibly for us - will add bits onto mum's if her's comes in under £40. Positive head on from now.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £112.71/£150 Travel £6.50/£20 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£50 Xmas £50/£50 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 433/2017
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 13th Aug 17, 2:50 PM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 24,346 Thanks
    Fmess
    Unexpected SFDs yesterday and today. I avoided the shops for a top up shop and my friend and family both paid for food when I went out yesterday and today Up to 7 SFDs today.

I feel like I'm getting less and less achieved at the moment even though I'm off school. This afternoon I need to get the washing on the line, tackle some more ivy and mow the lawn but I'm feeling very sluggish.

Yesterday I was grateful for:-

- my parents looking after my dogs
    - a great exercise class
    - my friend having me to stay
    - watching the new beauty and the beast
    - my dogs behaving for my parents
    - gin and tonic
    - a lovely takeaway
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 0/15 Food 65.06/120 Personal 91.34/350 Petrol 40.01/80
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 13th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 4,321 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Had a spendy weekend - yesterday we grabbed some bits for a BBQ and today we had to get pet things (order dogs allergy tablets and get some more wormer and flea stuff). Signed up for direct debit for flea treatment at pets at home - £6.50 per month for flea treatment - will come through every 4 weeks so don't forget and works out £8 cheaper over three months. Happy with that, always looking to save where I can!

Gratitudes
    1) Good friends - had a lovely BBQ last night
    3) That I had the time to make a start in the garden, it's a mess, but looks better than before
    3) For enough food in the house to last at least another week (hopefully)
    December grocery challenge £136.56/£250 | December NSD 4/15
    Credit Card 1: £145 (0%) | Credit Card 2: £2,256.06 (0%) | Credit Card 3: £787.60 (0%) Car Finance: £7,865 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,363 (3.99% APR)
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Aug 17, 6:23 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Another day of chores, did a bit of painting in the living room today, a little bit of gardening, and then popped into town as I'd run out of apples and needed some more plug in air fresheners. So not too bad, stuck to what I needed and that's the main thing!

Went riding on my share horse, before I went I couldn't really be bothered but as soon as I'm on I feel so relaxed and like I could sit there all day! I just did 45 mins as I have a lesson tomorrow as well. Also went for a walk with OH for another 45 minutes as the weather has been so nice.

Today I'm grateful for :

Horsey cuddles!!!
    Lovely weather
    Getting everything done that I needed to
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 13th Aug 17, 7:53 PM
    • 6,638 Posts
    • 48,674 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Toni'sfriend - I thought you had bought a live chicken when I first read your post!!

Today I am grateful for a comfy bed, for a relaxing day, for mowing and weeding the front, for 'harvesting' the lavender, for dd + neighbour getting on well, for fun up at the local playground, for baking a 'secret' cake for dh's bday (though the house smelled beautifully of chocolate cake and there is a big tin the fridge, so he may just have guessed...), for dd icing the cake.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 9/15; Ex 4/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove 6/31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • LD_13
    • By LD_13 13th Aug 17, 9:03 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    LD_13
    Another NSD today, but yesterday was a spendy day - hairdressers, food shop & cinema.

Very productive day today, got lots done. I love a productive Sunday!

Today I'm grateful that it stayed dry so I could paint my fence & get a few loads of washing on the line, a good 80s film on tv tonight and that I'm not working tomorrow.
    Visa - £368.99, Car loan (dad) - £3,690
    NSD - /18
    Food shop - £3.60/£100
    Super September Scrimper No. 28
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 13th Aug 17, 9:07 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 22,343 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Did not spend money in the end. Blanket sewing is going faster (and I am getting neater) so a bit happier. Also chopped back some ivy (not mine, the stuff covering the warehouse/ large shed belonging to the furniture shop and made progress on chopping up a large piece of rubbish that will go in the bin in bits.

Entertainment today as the 10k (first for this town) was on. At 5am I was wishing the council workmen would turn up and send the 'yoof' partying on the car park home. At 7am I discovered it was the council workmen who were playing music whilst they set up stalls (I had forgotten about the race - I thought the car park was closed for the day because it was time to repaint the lines).

Thought we were getting away with not having the funfair but they showed up at 8am, but they were sent to the market square (possibly in the street between the library and the church). DS2 came to visit as he was running - local authority website has a photo of him crossing the line.

Decent dj's in charge (wish fm which I think used to be Piccadilly radio) - some middle of the road stuff but not Peter Andre. Quite willing to put up with kareoake if they have a mass sing-a-long to the Kinks (Urban Spaceman and Dedicated folllower of Fashion), Elbow and Oasis and the Alex Harvey version of Delilah. Live bands too (a bit Led Zep).

Had a little dance and sing whilst I was pegging washing out and bringing the dry stuff in.

Today I am grateful for a productive day even though I felt dreadful this morning and not motivated at all (just make a start), for a visit from DS2 (3 small visits actually) and for Aussie police series RUSH - keeping me going through all the sewing.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £112.71/£150 Travel £6.50/£20 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£50 Xmas £50/£50 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 433/2017
    • greent
    • By greent 13th Aug 17, 9:08 PM
    • 6,507 Posts
    • 65,672 Thanks
    greent
    NSD

Today's gratitudes:
    * fun at a tiny person's party with family & friends
    * getting to play with an aga for a couple of hours
    * family games with the kids this evening
    * getting some bits done in the garden this evening
    * DD hanging out the washing for me whilst we were out
    * yummy hg tomatoes
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 13th Aug 17, 9:09 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 3,242 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    Evening everyone

My little one had has 1 year old jabs on Thu, he’s turned into a monster since then! Will be glad to get into work tomorrow so I can have a rest

A quick update on my goals then I’ll catch up on all the posts:
    • Allocate – have had a few spendy days (grocery shopping, chippy chips, ice cream at the park and dinner out) so I’m now sitting at £145.35/£280.
    • Spends – have had another NSD, I’m now up to 8.
    • Time (for yourself) – I’ve started reading the new Karin Slaughter book, borrowed from the library of course.
    • Take part in the make up to £10 a day challenge and aim for £124 – smashed it and I’ve made £129.13 already. Will keep going to see what I can get to.
    Today I am grateful for my mum's cooking, survey sites and long weekends.
    SPC11 #564
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 14th Aug 17, 7:39 AM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 24,346 Thanks
    Fmess
    Morning all,

Lost my SFD yesterday as bought a takeaway which was not good for the diet or my wallet but it was lovely and I was feeling knackered after a busy weekend and getting the garden sorted.

Today will be spendy as I need to pop to the shops before temping for a few hours and then have an exercise class tonight. Fingers crossed for another dry day today!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 0/15 Food 65.06/120 Personal 91.34/350 Petrol 40.01/80
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 14th Aug 17, 8:15 AM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,842 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Lovely to see so many of you posting each day - I love to hear what you have all been up to.

This week is National Allotment Week and Afternoon Tea Week so I thought we could participate.

Instead of only talking about allotments I thought we could include garden growing and also foraging so I would like everyone to eat something homegrown or foraged or to have afternoon tea this week or both if you want to.

As you all know I have an allotment, mine is for veg at the moment (cauli, broccoli, cabbage, carrots)and DH has an allotment which has 4 apple trees on (plus we planted a pear, cherry and plum tree last Feb as an anniversary present) which are now weighed down with lovely red apples.
    I am also growing tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, beetroot, onions, French beans and peas at home.

There are allotments in the next village and often they have stalls outside selling produce, I like to drive by and see what they have - last week I got 4 huge beetroots (bigger than tennis balls) for £1 and a bunch of flowers for 50p which are only now dying off.

I often see honesty stalls at the side of the road, I like to stop and see what people are selling.

Yesterday I managed to get 2 bags of plums from my cousin - she has a plum tree and doesn't eat them so when I went over to collect some wood she had for us I took home some plums and will make jam and chutney and then take some back to her and her family.

And as for afternoon tea, I love a good scone and have perfected the art of gluten free scones.
    DD is also good at making normal scones so I will get her to do this in the week and then we can have scones, jam and clotted cream!!

I'd like to hear your experiences of allotments/grow your own/honesty boxes etc

Have a fab week everyone!!!
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th Aug 17, 8:36 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend - I thought you had bought a live chicken when I first read your post!!
    Oh, Apple, you did make me laugh. I wouldn't know what to do with a live chicken. You've fair brightened up my Monday!
    I usually have a lazy Sunday but yesterday was quite productive. Stocked up on more kitchen roll (got enough for about four months now), changed our bedding, washed two loads (which got wet whilst I was out but are dry now)' ironed everything that I could, made stock, etc. Today's lunches and dinners are ready (all from freezer). I've made a sort of meal plan for this week but it may go a bit awry as we have friends home from Australia so it might involve a meal out.
    So finishing my coffee and toast and then off to iron the rest of yesterday's washing and get on with some housework. It's really wet so I'm not venturing out.
    Have a good day.
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 14th Aug 17, 9:33 AM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Don't usually post in the morning, but I spent about 30 mins earlier checking my bank accounts and the budget and what not. I seem to have "lost" about £70!! I think I've really screwed my budget up this month by accident as I've been transferring things here, there and everywhere and I have just completely lost track... The £70 was spare money so it doesn't impact on the bills, but I would've used that money to either buy toiletries/household stuff as and when needed, or to throw at the credit card now that I have a small debt again... I'm usually really good with the budget so I have no idea what happened. I do have some money that I need to pay in today, and I made a couple of ebay sales so need to get some padded envelopes and get them posted. Today won't be a NSD for that reason. I also have a riding lesson later and my mascara is really running out. Was going to treat myself to an expensive one but given how this month has gone so far financially, no chance! A cheapy will be fine.

On the plus side I sat down and worked out I can clear most of my credit card in the next couple of months, so that's positive - provided nothing else pops up of course. Really does emphasise the need for an emergency fund. I'll be skint for the next few months to try and rectify this and it could've been avoided grrr. Lesson learned the hard way I suppose!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • greent
    • By greent 14th Aug 17, 12:44 PM
    • 6,507 Posts
    • 65,672 Thanks
    greent
    We've not grown as much this year. We have 2 pear trees, 2 plum trees, a cherry tree and 2 apple trees (1 eating, 1 Bramley) and a huge strawberry patch. I've also grown tomatoes (mainly cherry and lots of different ones - pink, orange, yellow, red & 'black') - yummy and we have one pot of potatoes (just because I had a sprout potato) My courgette plants got eaten by the slugs We do have a handful of something else growing - it's either BNS or pumpkin - the seedlings grew from seeds in the compost - if I get anything off any it's a bonus

I will be giving (have already started) pears by the bagful to friends, family, neighbours, colleagues (huge crops....) and using some for poached pears in red wine (drool...), apple & pear crumble, Apple & pear chutney & pear & lemon jam (slightly weird - but great in a lemon & ginger steamed pudding ) I still have bags and bags of strawberries in the freezer (and around 8 jars of jam from earlier in the year) - they will be used with pancakes, yogurt or made into jam.

I am also fortunate to live about 100-150 yards from a canal path - where I can easily forage elderberries (elderberry vodka is divine), blackberries (I will be making red wine crème de mures again this year), sloes and more pears, plums and apples (if I felt the need for more of the latter three!)

I used to grow more in my garden (onions, runner beans, French beans, lots of potatoes, lots of courgettes, squashes, raspberries, peppers & chillis) but it's a lot of effort at times, so have scaled back.

Today I am making plum jam (and putting some chopped plums in the freezer for crumbles (with pear )) I may have some later this week with hm scones & cream
    x

ETA: and salad leaves - I grow salad leaves!
    Last edited by greent; 14-08-2017 at 5:03 PM.
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 14th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 18,656 Thanks
    Calling14
    Apologies I did post the other day but somehow it's not here.

Spent only £5 over the weekend, treated myself to a local steak pie and cold drink.
    Sunday SFD. Went small walk and gathered ice cream tub of blackberries. Found heaps so may pop out there later after work today.

Struggling with my knee, made appointment with Dr not until next week as something is pulling and very painful to walk. Yesterday was the only day I did less than 10K though still managed 8K

Today spend of £3.64 bread, pork chops and tomatoes.

Hemmed one curtain yesterday will do other one tonight. Lounge and Dining room looking swish now.

Grateful for

Surveys keeping me afloat.
    Good blackberry crop this year.
    Good nights sleep last night.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 NOW £990
    PAYDBX 2017 #16 £3310 /£4300 DFD 12/17
    E
    Fund #9 £100/£1,000
    1 x 100 days challenge £1567/2000 ends 29/12/17

• Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 14th Aug 17, 3:19 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 4,321 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Today will be a NSD as I've been working at home and the OH has taken my car!

We have some fruit bushes at the bottom of the garden, the blackberries are pretty delicious at the moment and we've been foraging them for our packed lunches!

Nothing else to report really. Spent about an hour and a half cutting the grass yesterday. It looks terrible but better than it did. I was going to go over it again this afternoon but it has been raining so I'll have to give that a miss. It would be nice to have a week without rain, it's the reason the grass got so long in the first place as whenever I was going to mow it it started raining again!

Tomorrow and Wednesday will not be NSD. I've finished work now until Thursday, I have to pick up the dogs tablets tomorrow and on Wednesday I'm off out shopping with my friend. Hoping for Thursday and Friday to be spend free though. I have cake testing session on Sunday for the wedding but I've already paid for that. I would like at least one day this weekend to be spend free!

Although I'm super tired now as I've been up since six I do have house chores to get on with so a busy day to be had from me!

Gratitudes
    1) Working from home today - it makes my life so much easier when I can get it in!
    2) Two days off work this week
    3) Leftovers - made lunch super quick and easy
    Last edited by Lauralozzle; 14-08-2017 at 3:22 PM.
    December grocery challenge £136.56/£250 | December NSD 4/15
    Credit Card 1: £145 (0%) | Credit Card 2: £2,256.06 (0%) | Credit Card 3: £787.60 (0%) Car Finance: £7,865 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,363 (3.99% APR)
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 14th Aug 17, 8:30 PM
    • 6,638 Posts
    • 48,674 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for my bloods being fine, for a fun time with dd looking for bday presents for dh, for the lovely lady who served us in primarni, for being able to treat dd to a HPotter duvet cover (15) and a pack of 30 felt tips (1) and she is equally thrilled with both, for getting a workout done, for how good sweeping the downstairs has made me feel, for a day out in Lunnon tomorrow to look forward to, for gf sausages and mash for tea.

we have 3 apple trees in our tiny garden. One has finished fruiting and produced beautiful red apples with very pink innards, the other 2 are coxes orange pippin - my favourite. They are a late fruiter and I have to stop dd and dh trying to pick them before end Sept/early Oct. The rasps - which have taken over the meagace between the trees - have done really well, and my first attempt at tomatoes has yielded about a dozen delicious little tommies.
    re sp
    NST DDD#1; NSD 9/15; Ex 4/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove 6/31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • LD_13
    • By LD_13 14th Aug 17, 8:54 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    LD_13
    Evening all!

Another spend day today, needed a couple of bits for tonight's dinner.

Today I'm grateful for:
    The rain watering my plants & making it easier for me to stay in and get a lot of cleaning done this morning. Having time to spend with my parents celebrating my dads birthday instead of the usual flying visit and getting a nice long lie.
    Visa - £368.99, Car loan (dad) - £3,690
    NSD - /18
    Food shop - £3.60/£100
    Super September Scrimper No. 28
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,544Posts Today

8,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin