Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 2nd Nov 16, 5:11 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 35Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:11 PM
    M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal 2nd Nov 16 at 5:11 PM
    Hi guys, from now on, whenever we run a big exclusive deal on the site, we'll open a new thread so we can keep track of any issues you might be having with the offer.

With that in mind, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mands-30-voucher-card-offer

Free £30 M&S voucher for spending a penny
    M&S BANK* - 25 MONTHS 0% (18.9% REP APR AFTER)

Apply for the M&S Bank* card via the link by 30 November, and buy anything (even if you just spend 1p) by 31 December, and you'll get a £30 M&S voucher. You'll also get reward points when you spend on the card, plus you'll get 500 bonus points (equivalent to a £5 voucher) the first time you spend in M&S.

The voucher will be emailed to you from this address; mandsbank@servicing.mandsbank.com by 31 January and must be used by 28 February.

If you have any issues with taking the offer, you can reach M&S on either 0345 900 0900 or by email at customerservices.internet@mandsbank.com and they should be able to help.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    Last edited by MSE Ryan; 30-11-2016 at 1:36 PM.
Page 1
    • Alison 42
    • By Alison 42 7th Nov 16, 6:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Alison 42
    • 7th Nov 16, 6:47 PM
    Not my definition of a voucher!
    • 7th Nov 16, 6:47 PM
    Just a warning that the M&S 'voucher' doesn't work the way I would expect! I used mine online, sent back a few items, so ended up spending a total of £43. So you'd think I'd get the full £30 off, yes? No! What they do (and this is company policy, not a mistake) is apply a bit of the voucher to each item ordered. Because the voucher is non-refundable, they then do not refund the bit applied to the returned items. The upshot being, I only actually got £7 from the £30 voucher, despite spending £43!
    After a rather long and stressful phone call to their Customer Services, they did give the money back, in the form of a gift card (which, unlike a voucher, is the equivalent of cash).
    So, get the voucher, by all means, but be careful how you use it.
    • Norscbu
    • By Norscbu 23rd Nov 16, 5:07 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Norscbu
    • 23rd Nov 16, 5:07 PM
    • 23rd Nov 16, 5:07 PM
    link doesn't work by the way.
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 23rd Nov 16, 6:13 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 2,488 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    • 23rd Nov 16, 6:13 PM
    • 23rd Nov 16, 6:13 PM
    myself and wife both took up this offer last time, store were unable to process the voucher for either of us, they checked out items purchased, date, all the conditions basically, but couldn't get them to work. They swapped our transaction to a service desk and made phone calls to try and find out how to do it, then in the end they keyed them in as a gift voucher or store coupon or something. Very embarrassing.
    • planteria
    • By planteria 24th Nov 16, 11:10 AM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    planteria
    • 24th Nov 16, 11:10 AM
    • 24th Nov 16, 11:10 AM
    link doesn't work by the way.
    Originally posted by Norscbu
    yes.. i am up for this, so if we can have a corrected link that would be great please
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 28th Nov 16, 6:00 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    • 28th Nov 16, 6:00 PM
    • 28th Nov 16, 6:00 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, I've just checked the link and everything seems to be working as normal!

Just in case you can also find the offer through this page;http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards

Please let us know if you're still having difficulty.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • planteria
    • By planteria 28th Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    planteria
    • 28th Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    • 28th Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    the link goes to "Whoops! Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist." Ryan

i found the card, with the offer, via the page though
    Last edited by planteria; 22-02-2017 at 8:51 AM.
    • lucylucylucy
    • By lucylucylucy 30th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lucylucylucy
    • 30th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    • 30th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    I'm having loads of trouble getting the promised voucher. first of all they said it was being sent in the post, then via email. In the last conversation I had with M&S bank, they said they would credit my account with £25, which still hasn't happened! I was really excited about this deal but after all the hassle of trying to get the money it's hardly worth it.
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 30th Nov 16, 1:33 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    • 30th Nov 16, 1:33 PM
    • 30th Nov 16, 1:33 PM
    I'm having loads of trouble getting the promised voucher. first of all they said it was being sent in the post, then via email. In the last conversation I had with M&S bank, they said they would credit my account with £25, which still hasn't happened! I was really excited about this deal but after all the hassle of trying to get the money it's hardly worth it.
    Originally posted by lucylucylucy
    Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting the voucher. Could you email voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com with your details and we can try and get this sorted for you!

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • Sue73
    • By Sue73 2nd Dec 16, 5:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sue73
    Same here. I applied for the card in September via the MSE link and was due to get the voucher by 20 November. Nothing. Just called customer services. She didn't know why the £25 reward hadn't been emailed or posted, it just hadn't. Not good, as I was hoping to use the voucher for Christmas shopping.
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 5th Dec 16, 4:45 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    Same here. I applied for the card in September via the MSE link and was due to get the voucher by 20 November. Nothing. Just called customer services. She didn't know why the £25 reward hadn't been emailed or posted, it just hadn't. Not good, as I was hoping to use the voucher for Christmas shopping.
    Originally posted by Sue73
    Hi Sue,

If M&S were not able to fix this for you, please email us at voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com and we can see what we can do.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 14th Dec 16, 7:47 PM
    • 5,699 Posts
    • 3,770 Thanks
    The Boss
    Just a warning that the M&S 'voucher' doesn't work the way I would expect! I used mine online, sent back a few items, so ended up spending a total of £43. So you'd think I'd get the full £30 off, yes? No! What they do (and this is company policy, not a mistake) is apply a bit of the voucher to each item ordered. Because the voucher is non-refundable, they then do not refund the bit applied to the returned items. The upshot being, I only actually got £7 from the £30 voucher, despite spending £43!
    After a rather long and stressful phone call to their Customer Services, they did give the money back, in the form of a gift card (which, unlike a voucher, is the equivalent of cash).
    So, get the voucher, by all means, but be careful how you use it.
    Originally posted by Alison 42
    Can you get around this by exchanging the item (plus paying difference) for a higher price item and then get a refund on that at a later date? I mean generally that is, as you've already resolved the matter.
    You don't have a "credit score". They do not exist. The number you are referring to is a a random number produced by the credit reference agency using incomplete data to make money out of you.

Different lenders score applications for different financial products differently so there is no 'catch all' score that determines your credit worthiness. Lenders use data from your credit file and also data from your application form that is NOT recorded on your credit file, such as your salary (a key driver), when assessing your application. Different lenders have different criteria, another reason a "credit score" means nothing -data that is considered good for one lender may be considered bad for another. Or vice versa.
    • Jakob Olsen
    • By Jakob Olsen 15th Dec 16, 1:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jakob Olsen
    Thanks for sharing!
    • planteria
    • By planteria 24th Dec 16, 11:19 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    planteria
    i had a bit of fun getting this account confirmed, but apparently the card is on the way to me now, having completed and returned the paperwork.
    • abi28592
    • By abi28592 2nd Jan 17, 10:30 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    abi28592
    Link is not opening so could u please change it
    • tmwang50
    • By tmwang50 24th Jan 17, 1:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tmwang50
    I applied for a card in September it turned up 24th October I was out of the country so didn't use it until November. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/10/16, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.
    • tonycook
    • By tonycook 31st Jan 17, 6:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonycook
    i had a bit of fun getting this account confirmed, but apparently the card is on the way to me now, having completed and returned the paperwork.
    • tmwang50
    • By tmwang50 1st Feb 17, 9:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tmwang50
    They've now given me £10 credit after I complained now quite the £30 voucher they promised.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 8th Feb 17, 1:49 PM
    • 581 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    Hattie625
    There's now a new version of this offer.

Apply for M and S credit card between 1 and 28 February 2017 and get accepted (new credit card customers only).

Then spend on the card 5 times by 9 April. No minimum spend per transaction (could be a loaf of bread) and the transactions can be on the same day, or different days.

Receive £30 voucher by email before 2 May.

Voucher expires on 31 May. Must be spent in one transaction.

I applied today for the CC and have been accepted. Awaiting paperwork by post (agreement to be returned duly signed), then card and PIN.

Hope to get everything set up to meet 9 April deadline for the spending.

I'll update this thread with how things progress. Hopeful but I won't be too surprised if problems arise in view of others' experience.
    • agentk
    • By agentk 15th Feb 17, 8:16 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    agentk
    I applied for a card in September it turned up 24th October I was out of the country so didn't use it until November. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/10/16, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.
    Originally posted by tmwang50

Wife and i also missed the cut off purchase date and have know cancelled both cards. Serves us right for not reading the t&cs and not using asap.
    3.55kw 2 systems 2.3 se 1.25 sw installed may 2011 and oct 2011..

I have never been mis sold anything but i have bought a few things i didnt need!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

2,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin