Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    • 254Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Nick
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion
    • 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion 26th Jan 16 at 11:16 AM
    The first point of call is read the full Survey Sites guide. Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

PopulusLive

Simply click reply and add your feedback. If you want to discuss survey sites in general, please go to the Survey Stashing thread.
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 26-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Page 1
    • Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 2nd Feb 16, 5:26 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:26 AM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:26 AM
    This is probably my favourite survey site. The surveys come several times a week but then there might be a couple of weeks when I don't get any. When I do though, they payout between £1 and £4 so far. I've been registered with Populus since November and I'm already up to 36 points (one point = £1) and cashout is at 50 points so I'm looking forward to that! They automatically send you a cheque when you hit 50 points, so you don't have to click anything to get it, it just arrives on your doormat (so they say...but I've no reason to disbelieve it).
    Their surveys are well-designed, always look the same layout-wise and always contain those questions that make sure you're paying attention or telling the truth. They seem to be well-targeted as I haven't been screened out of many.
    Populus Live gets 5 stars from me
    Boosting my income each month from surveys, focus groups & cashback:
    2016: Jan £32 // Feb £19 // Mar £188

2015: Dec £106
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 3rd Feb 16, 6:56 AM
    • 3,911 Posts
    • 21,916 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    • 3rd Feb 16, 6:56 AM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 6:56 AM
    Sorry, Fordiez, but my experience with them has been very much at odds with yours!

I have been a member for years and have already had £50 payouts from them. I agree that the payout process is slick and simple but the cheque takes a good while to arrive once you reach the redemption level. Don't expect it within days. I'll check how long mine took and report back later.

* Right, I've just checked and I reached redemption point around the middle of the month. I think they only process redemptions at the end of every month. I received my cheque on 20th of following month. Not the fastest but some survey companies are slower than this!

In recent months I have been screened out of their surveys fairly regularly, something that never seemed to happen before. I am pleased that you appear to be accepted for everything you start to complete.

I recently had an issue with them over one of the 'quality control' questions they add now and have still received no satisfaction after several emails. My last one to them a couple of weeks ago has still not even been acknowledged never mind answered.

I am not far short of my next £50 cheque and am seriously considering unsubscribing as soon as I receive it.
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 03-02-2016 at 7:59 AM.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-July: £3687.51 Aug: £250.75
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3358.00/£5000. This is so hard but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £21808
    . Getting there
    • Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 3rd Feb 16, 5:26 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    • 3rd Feb 16, 5:26 PM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 5:26 PM
    I agree that the payout process is slick and simple but the cheque takes a good while to arrive once you reach the redemption level. Don't expect it within days.
    * Right, I've just checked and I reached redemption point around the middle of the month. I think they only process redemptions at the end of every month. I received my cheque on 20th of following month. Not the fastest but some survey companies are slower than this!
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    Sorry to hear you've not had quite as good an experience with them. To be fair to them though, they make it very clear on their homepage that cheques don't arrive "within days" so at least they are upfront about it.

I am pleased that you appear to be accepted for everything you start to complete.
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    That's not what I said, is it

• surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 3rd Feb 16, 11:04 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 1,755 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:04 PM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:04 PM
    I've been using PopulusLive since 2010 and tend to cash out twice a year. Like Fordiez, I qualify for most of the surveys and they are usually quite interesting too. Would recommend.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 3rd Feb 16, 11:13 PM
    • 4,076 Posts
    • 10,111 Thanks
    asajj
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:13 PM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:13 PM
    Pros: well paid surveys.
    Cons: high threshold, pays via cheque (cheeky as it helps them to maintain their cash flow for another month)
    Overall, I will keep using as they pay fairly.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 3rd Feb 16, 11:26 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:26 PM
    • 3rd Feb 16, 11:26 PM
    Overall, I will keep using as they pay fairly.
    Originally posted by asajj
    Yes, this is what I like best about them, the rewards are very fair indeed, much fairer than most.

• mimiduck
    • By mimiduck 4th Feb 16, 9:37 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    mimiduck
    • 4th Feb 16, 9:37 PM
    • 4th Feb 16, 9:37 PM
    This is my favourite survey site, I love it!

Interesting surveys and I think from last year I got either two or three payouts. Like people have mentioned before, sometimes there might be many surveys and sometimes it might be very quiet. Personally I have noticed you have to be quick as well in answering them as otherwise you might get screened out. I don't mind waiting to the cheque so much as I know it will arrive
    • elsien
    • By elsien 4th Feb 16, 9:40 PM
    • 14,907 Posts
    • 37,220 Thanks
    elsien
    • 4th Feb 16, 9:40 PM
    • 4th Feb 16, 9:40 PM
    I find they've gone downhill in the last couple of months - I used to get surveys most days and at the moment I'm only getting one every couple of weeks, if that. And because I can't do them during the day when I'm working, generally by the evening they've finished or I get screened out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • j2401
    • By j2401 4th Feb 16, 9:46 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    j2401
    How can you check your balance? Im probebly being thick but I cant see it anywhere! Thanks.
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 4th Feb 16, 10:54 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 1,755 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    How can you check your balance? Im probebly being thick but I cant see it anywhere! Thanks.
    Originally posted by j2401
    I can't find mine either so if you are thick then so am I! In our defence, the site has a new layout so we probably can't see for looking IYKWIM!
    • fragmented
    • By fragmented 4th Feb 16, 11:29 PM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    fragmented
    try http://www.populuslive.com/Members/Earnings
    • elsien
    • By elsien 4th Feb 16, 11:34 PM
    • 14,907 Posts
    • 37,220 Thanks
    elsien
    Shows all the surveys you've done, whereas I'm looking for the total earned since my last pay out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• j2401
    • By j2401 5th Feb 16, 8:10 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    j2401
    Thank you for replying Surveyqueenuk, I thought it was just me!
    • Foxy16
    • By Foxy16 5th Feb 16, 10:20 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    Foxy16
    I have found my total, log in to their site, click on My Account, then My Earnings, just above all surveys you have taken and been paid for, in pink should be your current balance.
    • j2401
    • By j2401 5th Feb 16, 10:23 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    j2401
    Found it!! Thank you.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 6th Feb 16, 12:57 AM
    • 14,907 Posts
    • 37,220 Thanks
    elsien
    I swear that wasn't there yesterday!

• Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 6th Feb 16, 3:32 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    You're right Elsien, it wasn't! I was looking and looking... haha!

• carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 6th Feb 16, 4:12 AM
    • 3,911 Posts
    • 21,916 Thanks
    carbootcrazy

That's not what I said, is it
    Originally posted by Fordiez
    No, you're right, Fordiez. I didn't mean to misquote you but by saying that you've already accumulated £36 since you joined in November it does suggest that you have been accepted for a heck of a lot of surveys! There can't be many that you've been screened out of. I envy you for bring in such an in-demand demographic

I appreciate your opinion but mine hasn't changed. I have been screened out of the 2 surveys I received since posting last time, both after supplying a lot of 'free' information. I have been with them for several years without any complaints but I really couldn't wholeheartedly recommend them now.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-July: £3687.51 Aug: £250.75
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3358.00/£5000. This is so hard but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £21808
    . Getting there
    • Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 6th Feb 16, 3:51 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    Well that's fair enough CarBootCrazy, how you feel about them is how you feel about them Out of curiosity, I just checked my account and I've only completed 17 surveys since November. I do get screened out of quite a few, or don't get to them in time before they close. Some might see 17 as a lot, but to me it's not that many compared to some of the other survey sites I'm with who email me multiple times a day and screen me out of almost everything *cough*globaltestmarket*cough*. I guess we're all in the 'right' demographic for something, we just have to find it!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,817Users online

Martin's Twitter