Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 6Thanks
    chalkeyav
    HMRC Repayment Pending
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    HMRC Repayment Pending 13th Apr 15 at 9:30 AM
    Hi All,

Done my tax return on the 6/4/15, checked the status on the 07th and it was showing bank repayment pending thought Ild phone up and see as this is the first time iv done my return myself.

Was told by advisor it would be issued the 10th but nothing as if today, am i being to hastey or should I give them a call again.

Iv seen a few things about security checks if anybody can possibly enlighten me on this or if anybody else has any previous experience.

Thanks
Page 1
    • PlutoinCapricorn
    • By PlutoinCapricorn 13th Apr 15, 9:34 AM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 3,025 Thanks
    PlutoinCapricorn
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:34 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:34 AM
    How much is the expected repayment? It is the amount due to be repaid that may trigger a 'security check', which some cynical people - who could well be right - say is an excuse to HMRC to hold on to your money a little longer.

I would expect to wait two weeks for a small amount e.g. £15.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• georgiasdragons
    • By georgiasdragons 13th Apr 15, 10:13 AM
    • 554 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    georgiasdragons
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:13 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:13 AM
    Hi, same for me, did TR 6th, normally changed from pending to issued within 5 days, still currently showing as pending.
    • georgiasdragons
    • By georgiasdragons 13th Apr 15, 10:18 AM
    • 554 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    georgiasdragons
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:18 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:18 AM
    The date showing on my account of system updated in the top corner is 10th April.
    So if the system updates over night im hoping it is showing tomorrow.

Maybe there is a backlog or delay.

Or maybe they are checking all payments that need to be issued for security checks.

Will update tomorrow
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 10:21 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chalkeyav
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:21 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:21 AM
    It's a fair amount in the thousands, I've usually always used an account until this year, just don't want no hiccups and could do with the money (like us all)

My last update was the 10th too
  • slipkid
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:37 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:37 AM
    I don't know anyone who has received theirs so far this year.mine says the same as yours. Expect everyone will get the money they have overpaid at sometime this week
  • slipkid
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:41 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:41 AM
    The date showing on my account of system updated in the top corner is 10th April.
    So if the system updates over night im hoping it is showing tomorrow.

Maybe there is a backlog or delay.

Or maybe they are checking all payments that need to be issued for security checks.

Will update tomorrow
    Originally posted by georgiasdragons
    There is a five working day delay on all payments anyway. You used to be able to reclaim over paid tax and get it a couple of days later. It's just a security check everyone goes through
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 10:47 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chalkeyav
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:47 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 10:47 AM
    There is a five working day delay on all payments anyway. You used to be able to reclaim over paid tax and get it a couple of days later. It's just a security check everyone goes through
    Originally posted by slipkid
    I hope so, could do with it.
  • dajacobs
    • 13th Apr 15, 11:01 AM
    • 13th Apr 15, 11:01 AM
    Looking forward to hearing how you all get on. I also submitted mine on the 6th. All is says is repayment pending and due date 8th April.
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 11:11 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chalkeyav
    Looking forward to hearing how you all get on. I also submitted mine on the 6th. All is says is repayment pending and due date 8th April.
    Originally posted by dajacobs
    Where on yours does it say due date?

All mines says is bank repayment pending, no mention of a date?
  • oster107
    Hmrc are a pain in the b#m mine said pending for about 2 days now says bank repayment pending no dates and the site takes ages to update anyone know what it means thanks
    • jem16
    • By jem16 13th Apr 15, 11:20 AM
    • 18,532 Posts
    • 11,322 Thanks
    jem16
    Where on yours does it say due date?

All mines says is bank repayment pending, no mention of a date?
    Originally posted by chalkeyav
    It shows when you click on your account and then click on Tax overpaid from return filed. It basically shows the date I filed the return.
  • slipkid
    Fingers crossed the repayments start tomorrow as I could do with the cash. Don't know how the new system that's being introduced will work.
  • oster107
    No date on mine just says bank repayment pending but the site has not updated since saturday so havent a clue lol
  • oster107
    Does anybody now what bank repayment actualy means as i got mixed answers on google it was pending then changed to bank
  • slipkid
    When it changes from repayment pending to repayment the money is 99% of the time in you bank the next day.
  • oster107
    So does pending to bank payment pending mean whats differance of the bank word mean its on its way ?
  • slipkid
    Instead of saying
    Bank repayment pending
    It will say
    Bank repayment and that days date.
    Don't worry you will see soon enough. Well unless you get security checked then it could take weeks or months to get what's owed back.
    • georgiasdragons
    • By georgiasdragons 13th Apr 15, 12:28 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    georgiasdragons
    The last two years it went to repayment pending after three days then the next day it went to repayment issued both turned around 5 days.
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 3:34 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chalkeyav
    Decided to call them,

I was told by an advisor that with my TR being submitted on the 06/04 and Repayment issued on the 10th I should have it by the 17th......

Won't hold my breath

Hope that helps anyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

2,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin