Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scooter74
    • By scooter74 31st Jan 11, 9:22 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    scooter74
    47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?
    • 31st Jan 11, 9:22 PM
    47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying? 31st Jan 11 at 9:22 PM
    I would like to start a website which tracks bottled 47kg gas prices across the country in order to fight for the energy minister to regulate propane gas prices and remove the VAT from it. There are no websites which compare prices. I live in a rural area and have no real alternative Since I moved in in 2006, my 47kg gas price has risen from £26 to, today £56.50. Five years 102%. Since many people who live in rural areas are already paying the most for energy and have disproportionately low incomes I think a campaign on this is long overdue.

Please post your location and price you are paying. If we all do it we can make a case to the government for regulation or some kind of subsidy which puts propane on a par with mains gas. Sadly overdue I think.

So, I'll start Basildon, Essex: £56.50
Page 2
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 10th Apr 11, 10:41 PM
    • 5,116 Posts
    • 6,518 Thanks
    A. Badger
    £61 last week, in Kent. Apparently, the price was going up on 11th April. Again.
  • Viv Reiling
    Calor
    On Caravan Park in Northumberland we were told prices for 47g had increased because of Middle East Crisis. Now paying circa £59.60. Was around £51. If we kept the place as warm as we wanted could easily use one per 2 weeks
  • littlebobthestar
    Bob Little
    We bought a caravan up in Scotland (Dumfries) last june,we were paying £60.00 for a 47kg bottle, just bought a bottle yesterday, gone up to £69.50, excuse was supplier put it up.
    just can,t win
  • hkr105
    £54.50 in South Wales Caravan Park
    Increasing from £47 throughout 2010 to £52 1/2/2011 and now £54.50 from May 11th 2011. Due to Middle East Crisis so when peace breaks out expect a reduction!
    But not bad compared to earlier posts,appreciate this thread as a way of campaigning for fair treatment.
    Tip for caravan users...if bottle runs out for heating still try the gas cooker,pressure may be low but bottle still holds some gas. Can always use cooker to heat room ideally while cooking the family a meal!
  • Samspan
    I've just paid £55 per 47kg Calor gas refill inc delivery. I'm in north Cambridgeshire.
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 9th May 11, 10:26 PM
    • 5,116 Posts
    • 6,518 Thanks
    A. Badger
    I've just paid £55 per 47kg Calor gas refill inc delivery. I'm in north Cambridgeshire.
    Originally posted by Samspan
    That's quite a difference from the £61 I paid some weeks ago in Kent.

Some people are making serious money out of this bottled gas racket.
    • poly1
    • By poly1 10th May 11, 10:59 AM
    • 414 Posts
    • 323 Thanks
    poly1
    Originally posted by Samspan
    Who did you get that from? (Im south lincs, so near)
  • rackwick
    I am paying 89.79 for a 47kg pick-up not delivered in Orkney
  • Hagrid151
    I am paying for....
    Flogas 47kg bottles from "Lomms brothers" coal merchants at Valley on Anglesey £50, u pick up or delivered. 01/05/11
    Last edited by Hagrid151; 17-05-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    • gordonbennet
    • By gordonbennet 18th May 11, 11:32 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    gordonbennet
    I was quoted £63 in Tavistock, Devon today. £54 down the road in Plymouth. Both delivered.
    I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion. Don't go acting on legal advice you get from a stranger on the internet!
  • ellen1951
    we have to fork out £ 66.73 for Flow Gas 47 kilo , we are on the west coast of Scotland ( Ardnamurchan)
  • frugalstephen
    Here are the results from Northern Ireland....
    Well, over here, Calor Gas charge an extortionate whopping £87.50 for a 47Kg bottle. We do have some competition though, yep, FloGas is £1,80 dearer at £89.30!!
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 1st Jun 11, 4:18 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    Had two 47kgs delivered propane, JGAS ( johnston oils)? £110. FIFE Scotland
  • frugalstephen
    That's cheap!!
    Had two 47kgs delivered propane, JGAS ( johnston oils)? £110
    Now, by my calculations - that's £55.00 each, that's pretty darn good!
    • solar power
    • By solar power 3rd Jun 11, 1:57 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    solar power
    Mid Wales
    Just had 2 x 47kgs propane delivered from Countrywide LPG

£107.90
    • bevernbridge
    • By bevernbridge 9th Jun 11, 2:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bevernbridge
    2 x 47kg on 9th June
    I've just paid Flogas £147 (£73.50 each) for two refills (delivered). I live in East Sussex.
  • ronnie68
    £90 on the Isle of Tiree for one 47k collected not delivered.Blackbeard still lives
    Last edited by ronnie68; 16-06-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: lack of info
  • billy blue
    billy blue
    Hi I am paying 51pounds per 47kg and seems to be rising quite often
    I agree we should try and get together to lobby the minister and to try
    and free it from vat
  • vicbee
    I paid £55 yesterday for one in Lancashire. As much as the price sounds outrageous when you are forking it out I think what people fail to remember is that you probably use a lot less in summer than you do in winter and when you work this out over a year, its not quite as bad as it sounds. I bought one bottle yesterday for my home which is the first since march 2011. I normally buy 2 a month in winter. i keep reminding myself to put money away for the winter months but never get round to it and them panic when winter arrives and feel really peaved at the prices but forget that i generally only pay for one for the whole summer.
    • Orkatec
    • By Orkatec 24th Jun 11, 9:10 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Orkatec
    Any one know of a cheep supplier in the Falkirk area I am paying £70 Delivered

Thanks James
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

2,581Users online

Martin's Twitter