Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion
    • 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion 26th Jan 16 at 11:16 AM
    The first point of call is read the full Survey Sites guide. Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

PopulusLive

Simply click reply and add your feedback. If you want to discuss survey sites in general, please go to the Survey Stashing thread.
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 26-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Page 4
    • Felula
    • By Felula 8th Aug 17, 4:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Felula
    I signed up to Populus Live last week, and haven't had any surveys yet. I've been doing Populus surveys through Vivatic, but none from Populus themselves which is somewhat weird. I was hoping that if I got them from Populus directly, they may pay better!
    • libra10
    • By libra10 8th Aug 17, 4:44 PM
    • 9,602 Posts
    • 168,985 Thanks
    libra10
    I like Populus as they pay quite well compared to other survey companies.

In the last couple of days have completed 2 of their surveys at £3 each. They send an email invitation when they want you to do a survey.

Their surveys are more interesting than the usual household goods/beauty surveys, they concentrate more on political issues and current affairs.

The downside is that you can go a week or more without receiving any surveys, and are unable to cash out until your account reaches £50.

I would recommend though.
    • Felula
    • By Felula 8th Aug 17, 4:47 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Felula
    I like Populus as they pay quite well compared to other survey companies.

In the last couple of days have completed 2 of their surveys at £3 each. They send an email invitation when they want you to do a survey.

Their surveys are more interesting than the usual household goods/beauty surveys, they concentrate more on political issues and current affairs.

The downside is that you can go a week or more without receiving any surveys, and are unable to cash out until your account reaches £50.

I would recommend though.
    Originally posted by libra10
    Thanks Libra10

I hope I get some surveys soon! I do NewVista & YouGov too, so I am used to waiting for payouts!
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 8th Aug 17, 7:21 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 989 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I find I get very few from Populus live although those you do get pay well and they email so you don't have to keep checking. I'm on only about £22 after 4-5 months.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 11th Aug 17, 5:17 PM
    • 343 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Are PopulusLive owned by the same company as NewVista?

I ask this because they are the only two survey sites I know that pay via cheque and their surveys have a similar layout. Although, I notice that PopulusLive surveys pay better than NewVista.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 11th Aug 17, 10:24 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Have not had any survey invites from them for a month. Quite unusual, as used to receive the survey every two weeks. Anyone else?
    • SnowyOwl
    • By SnowyOwl 11th Aug 17, 10:51 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 14,799 Thanks
    SnowyOwl
    kiwi07, yes, the supply has just about dried up recently. It's great that they send an email when there is one available, unfortunately though by the time I get the email the survey is already fully subscribed, or often times they let me answer a few basic questions and then advise I am not eligible. It's really annoying!

• GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 12th Aug 17, 12:44 PM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 2,370 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Have not had any survey invites from them for a month. Quite unusual, as used to receive the survey every two weeks. Anyone else?
    Originally posted by kiwi07
    Hi

Had a couple in the last 2 weeks.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 12th Aug 17, 3:19 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 1,568 Thanks
    MLE007
    Not received any invites this month, I think it's got quieter for me the last few months. They do a lot more surveys around General election times. I only need another £5 to get a cheque again so could do with some studies!
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £3615.21
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 13th Aug 17, 2:42 AM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Has anyone had a Cheque from Populus this month yet?
    • tanyab
    • By tanyab 13th Aug 17, 9:55 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    tanyab
    Waiting for mine
    Hopefully next week
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 15th Aug 17, 12:07 PM
    • 343 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Has anyone had a Cheque from Populus this month yet?
    Originally posted by rich_shot2003
    I recieved a cheque from Populus this morning.
    • legz890
    • By legz890 15th Aug 17, 4:15 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    legz890
    I have been doing Populus for a while now and have had 3 or 4 cheques from them if I remember rightly , currently on 43 pound so hopefully be due another soon. I've noticed the more you do the more they send you, some weeks its 3 or so surveys and other weeks its none or the odd one. They are the only company I have stuck it out with.
    • tanyab
    • By tanyab 15th Aug 17, 10:21 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    tanyab
    Mine arrived today
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 28th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Has anyone who completed the survey today was told that some of your answers were inconsistent and you will not be paid? I am so annoyed as I answered very carefully paying attention to their quality control questions to be told in the end that I will not be paid! Do they look for an excuse not to pay you?
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 28th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    sonicology
    Has anyone who completed the survey today was told that some of your answers were inconsistent and you will not be paid?
    I just completed this survey without any problems so I can't comment on why it might have rejected you.

I can say that although I'm pretty new to PopulusLive so far I've found it to be one of the better survey sites, so hopefully your experience is an anomaly rather than a common occurrence.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 29th Sep 17, 12:09 AM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    kiwi07
    I just completed this survey without any problems so I can't comment on why it might have rejected you.

I can say that although I'm pretty new to PopulusLive so far I've found it to be one of the better survey sites, so hopefully your experience is an anomaly rather than a common occurrence.
    Originally posted by sonicology

Honestly, I don't know why they rejected my answers in the end. I've written to them asking for an explanation but still have not had a reply. I hope its not the way they now treat their panelists so they don't have to pay!
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 29th Sep 17, 12:43 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    sonicology
    I hope its not the way they now treat their panelists so they don't have to pay!
    I think that's unlikely, hopefully they provide you with an explanation.

A while back whilst answering a survey on either Populus or NewVista (I can't remember which, they're quite similar) I answered all of a survey and right at the end it disqualified me because I chose the wrong age group (I had recently had a birthday and forgot I was a year older which moved me into another grouping), could it be something as simple as that in your case?
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 30th Sep 17, 12:24 AM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    kiwi07
    I think that's unlikely, hopefully they provide you with an explanation.

A while back whilst answering a survey on either Populus or NewVista (I can't remember which, they're quite similar) I answered all of a survey and right at the end it disqualified me because I chose the wrong age group (I had recently had a birthday and forgot I was a year older which moved me into another grouping), could it be something as simple as that in your case?
    Originally posted by sonicology

Still have not had a reply from them - I want to know what went wrong with that survey!
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 3rd Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Still have not had a reply from them. Probably they don't know what to say as there was nothing wrong with that survey!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,889Users online

Martin's Twitter