Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • darius217
    • By darius217 12th Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    darius217
    Final pay after leaving company
    • 12th Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    Final pay after leaving company 12th Aug 17 at 7:49 PM
    Hi, I know it's probably been asked before but I'm struggling to get my head around it. Just left my company after just under 3 years. Paid monthly on the 16th. Contract says 2 weeks advance, 2 week in arrears. My last working day was 30th July. Just got my wage slip and P45 but only got overtime and holiday pay but no basic pay for any of July. Is this likely to be right? Before I phone to make enquiries. Thanks, Mark
Page 1
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 12th Aug 17, 7:53 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    General Grant
    • 12th Aug 17, 7:53 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 7:53 PM
    Hi, I know it's probably been asked before but I'm struggling to get my head around it. Just left my company after just under 3 years. Paid monthly on the 16th. Contract says 2 weeks advance, 2 week in arrears. My last working day was 30th July. Just got my wage slip and P45 but only got overtime and holiday pay but no basic pay for any of July. Is this likely to be right? Before I phone to make enquiries. Thanks, Mark
    Originally posted by darius217

Yes. That will be right.
    The pay you got in the middle of July was for the whole of July.
    If you had worked in August you would have received some pay for August in August but you did no work after the end of July.
    They didn't know about all your overtime in July until after they had arranged that July payment - so it got paid in August. They also did not know whether you would have taken any holiday in the second half of July so could not calculate accrued but untaken holiday until after your last day - so the holiday got paid in August.

From what you have said there is no need to challenge it.
    • darius217
    • By darius217 12th Aug 17, 10:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    darius217
    • 12th Aug 17, 10:33 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 10:33 PM
    Thought that was probably the case. Ah well you live and learn. No more of that though, self employment is my next step. Happy days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

452Posts Today

4,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin