Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gerlep
    • By gerlep 12th Aug 17, 10:39 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    gerlep
    RBS Reclaim Enquiry
    • 12th Aug 17, 10:39 AM
    RBS Reclaim Enquiry 12th Aug 17 at 10:39 AM
    I tried this a few years ago, and the RBS flatly refused my request. It went to the Ombudsman who sided with RBS, on the basis, that a full 3 years after having a packaged account, which i didn't want or need, I checked their site for what travel insurance the card held! An absolute joke of a decision. Still angry about it. Is there anyway I can reapply or appeal?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Aug 17, 12:19 PM
    • 89,919 Posts
    • 56,594 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Aug 17, 12:19 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 12:19 PM
    An absolute joke of a decision.
    No Joke. It is legally correct.

Timebars exist to prevent businesses or individuals being subject to complaints/actions that would be difficult to support due to time passed. It also protects them from frivolous or try-it-on complaints. Such as having a product that you never complained about or had issues with until a website told you that you could get some money back by making a complaint.

Is there anyway I can reapply or appeal?
    No, You are timebarred.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • gerlep
    • By gerlep 12th Aug 17, 1:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gerlep
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:37 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:37 PM
    No Joke. It is legally correct.

Timebars exist to prevent businesses or individuals being subject to complaints/actions that would be difficult to support due to time passed. It also protects them from frivolous or try-it-on complaints. Such as having a product that you never complained about or had issues with until a website told you that you could get some money back by making a complaint.

No, You are timebarred.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    Thanks for this info, appreciate you getting back to me. How long does a 'timebar' last? thanks
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 89,919 Posts
    • 56,594 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    How long does a 'timebar' last?
    Forever.

One a timebar is in place, it is there for good. You can consider the issue closed after that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Aug 17, 9:24 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Aug 17, 9:24 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 9:24 PM
    How long does a 'timebar' last?
    Originally posted by gerlep
    It's a bar on you complaining after a certain amount of time has elapsed and doesn't somehow expire.

Your complaint is now over.
    • gerlep
    • By gerlep 13th Aug 17, 8:56 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gerlep
    • 13th Aug 17, 8:56 PM
    • 13th Aug 17, 8:56 PM
    It's a bar on you complaining after a certain amount of time has elapsed and doesn't somehow expire.

Your complaint is now over.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    We'll see.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Aug 17, 11:04 PM
    • 89,919 Posts
    • 56,594 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Aug 17, 11:04 PM
    • 13th Aug 17, 11:04 PM
    We'll see.
    There is no wishy washy about it. A timebar that the FOS have accepted means its all over.
    • gerlep
    • By gerlep 18th Aug 17, 2:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gerlep
    • 18th Aug 17, 2:39 PM
    • 18th Aug 17, 2:39 PM
    There is no wishy washy about it. A timebar that the FOS have accepted means its all over.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    Haha I believe you, i just posted that as to see if you could respond with humour, and use one of those little smilies at the side....no luck alas....
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 18th Aug 17, 10:28 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 18th Aug 17, 10:28 PM
    • 18th Aug 17, 10:28 PM
    Haha I believe you, i just posted that as to see if you could respond with humour
    Most people would not react well to anyone here jovially telling them that their complaint is over.

So no "smilie" for you, I'm afraid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

2,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin