Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 2nd Nov 16, 5:11 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 33Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:11 PM
    M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal 2nd Nov 16 at 5:11 PM
    Hi guys, from now on, whenever we run a big exclusive deal on the site, we'll open a new thread so we can keep track of any issues you might be having with the offer.

With that in mind, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mands-30-voucher-card-offer

Free £30 M&S voucher for spending a penny
    M&S BANK* - 25 MONTHS 0% (18.9% REP APR AFTER)

Apply for the M&S Bank* card via the link by 30 November, and buy anything (even if you just spend 1p) by 31 December, and you'll get a £30 M&S voucher. You'll also get reward points when you spend on the card, plus you'll get 500 bonus points (equivalent to a £5 voucher) the first time you spend in M&S.

The voucher will be emailed to you from this address; mandsbank@servicing.mandsbank.com by 31 January and must be used by 28 February.

If you have any issues with taking the offer, you can reach M&S on either 0345 900 0900 or by email at customerservices.internet@mandsbank.com and they should be able to help.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    Last edited by MSE Ryan; 30-11-2016 at 1:36 PM.
Page 2
    • agentk
    • By agentk 15th Feb 17, 8:16 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    agentk
    I applied for a card in September it turned up 24th October I was out of the country so didn't use it until November. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/10/16, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.
    Originally posted by tmwang50

Wife and i also missed the cut off purchase date and have know cancelled both cards. Serves us right for not reading the t&cs and not using asap.
    3.55kw 2 systems 2.3 se 1.25 sw installed may 2011 and oct 2011..

I have never been mis sold anything but i have bought a few things i didnt need!
    • chaoclive
    • By chaoclive 20th Feb 17, 6:35 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chaoclive
    hi all

i haven't got the £30 voucher at all but i have seen the £5 worth of points on my online banking.
    any ideas?

this was for the application date in December 2016.

thx
    cc
    Last edited by chaoclive; 20-02-2017 at 6:39 PM. Reason: extra info
    • Gerson2k
    • By Gerson2k 21st Feb 17, 5:57 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Gerson2k
    No voucher, no points!?
    Hi all,

I signed up for this deal before the November end date, and made spend in December. I've not heard or received any vouchers from M&S. I've just called up their C&S and they need to confirm that I'm eligible for the offer and will call me back in 48 hours?

Has anyone had any successes claiming this offer?
    • planteria
    • By planteria 22nd Feb 17, 8:55 AM
    • 4,827 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    planteria
    yes, in a round about way.. but it certainly doesn't proceed smoothly, and you have to hassle their poor CS.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 25th Feb 17, 11:49 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Hattie625
    There's now a new version of this offer.

Apply for M and S credit card between 1 and 28 February 2017 and get accepted (new credit card customers only).

Then spend on the card 5 times by 9 April. No minimum spend per transaction (could be a loaf of bread) and the transactions can be on the same day, or different days.

Receive £30 voucher by email before 2 May.

Voucher expires on 31 May. Must be spent in one transaction.

I applied today for the CC and have been accepted. Awaiting paperwork by post (agreement to be returned duly signed), then card and PIN.

Hope to get everything set up to meet 9 April deadline for the spending.

I'll update this thread with how things progress. Hopeful but I won't be too surprised if problems arise in view of others' experience.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    Update

I received my card and PIN earlier this week. I've used the card 5 times for small transactions, so I've complied with the 9 April deadline. If all works to plan, I should receive the £30 voucher by 2 May. I'll keep this thread updated.

The deadline for applying under this version of the offer is 28 February (Tuesday), so anyone wanting to apply (via the MSE link) should do so quickly.
    • Gerson2k
    • By Gerson2k 5th Mar 17, 10:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Gerson2k
    Hi all,

I signed up for this deal before the November end date, and made spend in December. I've not heard or received any vouchers from M&S. I've just called up their C&S and they need to confirm that I'm eligible for the offer and will call me back in 48 hours?

Has anyone had any successes claiming this offer?
    Originally posted by Gerson2k
    UPDATE

I had to email and also send a secure message to M&S Bank via my account to raise this as an issue - I was informed that popularity of the promotion mean that were behind with processing the vouchers, as the vouchers for the period expired on 28th Feb I was issued £30 credit to my CC account together with the 500 bonus points.
    I would advise you contact M&S at the earliest if you haven't received your vouchers.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 16th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Update

I received my card and PIN earlier this week. I've used the card 5 times for small transactions, so I've complied with the 9 April deadline. If all works to plan, I should receive the £30 voucher by 2 May. I'll keep this thread updated.

The deadline for applying under this version of the offer is 28 February (Tuesday), so anyone wanting to apply (via the MSE link) should do so quickly.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    UPDATE

This has worked well. £30 voucher received today (16 March). Can be used online or in-store by 31 May (but must be used in one transaction).

This was the "apply in February" version of the offer. I applied online on 8 February and was approved. After returning signed agreement by post, I received card and PIN around 22/23 February. I used it in 5 small transactions between 24th and 27th February (time limit for use in 5 transactions was 9 April). I've since repaid the balance and locked the card away and won't be using it again.

I was supposed to receive the voucher by 2 May, so I didn't expect to receive it so early. I'll leave a decent interval and then cancel the card.

Worth the effort. Others may disagree.
    • gozaimasu
    • By gozaimasu 17th Jul 17, 2:25 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 1,860 Thanks
    gozaimasu
    Just wanted to share my recent experience of applying for one of the MSE offers for the M&S credit card.

I applied on the last day of the previous offer (31 May) and I still don't have a credit card! It is the longest, most drawn out and ridiculous application I've ever made. Any other company would have the card issued within a couple of weeks.

Thankfully they have honoured the cashback since I missed the balance transfer deadline.

The new offer is better so if you're thinking about going for it then make sure to get your application in asap!
    Forum etiquette - Be nice to all moneysavers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,802Posts Today

6,694Users online

Martin's Twitter