PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Friday 24th June

13»

Comments

• Mmmmm! I can almost taste it!! (There looks to be another 3 not far behind!) x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    JackieO, I'm sorry I can't take this as lightly as you seem to. My children now fear for their jobs - son works for the Lidl you mention. Inflation will not just be seen as an excuse, many companies buy their products in dollars and guess what - the pound has tanked against the dollar, hopefully it will recover but it will take time and until then everything will cost more.
  • Afternoon all, been away being good parents and grandparents for the week, Zebra was on VERY good form and we've had a really lovely time but I am EXHAUSTED!!! bless his little cotton socks. He was such a good boy for us and we took him out on our own in the car for the very first time, he loved it!!! Nice to be home now though. The hothouses are awash with produce, I've picked courgettes, beetroot, green beans, lettuce and beetroot and the pointy cabbage are lovely and hearted up so will be nice for a couple of weeks with our lunches.

MEANMARIE Happy Birthday love xxx.

HH sorry your OH wasn't successful in the job but hope he soon finds something that IS for him.

TRU poor Scampi, hope he's quick to heal and that you and OH are OK too, fur babies cause as much angst as real babies don't they?

Hope you're all having a lovely day, Lyn xxx.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    HH sorry dh didnt get the job,people should value us oldies more.
    RR sorry about the managers job,but good for you re Deputy.
    Tru,oh no poor Scampi
    Nmlc glad you are on the mend,I had a bad reaction a few years ago & its scary.
    Lovely strawberry Gers-hope it tastes as good as it looks.
    Meanmarie-:bdaycake:have a lovely day x
    Mrs LW sounds like you had a lovely time with DGS.
    Snoozer-hope DS job is ok
    I came a cropper when minding DGS this week,went off to the park with one of those bubble wands,walked a few yards then opened it up.I didnt realise there was a wind and the bubbles went back towards the road with DGS chasing madly.I ran after him ,skidded on a patch of mud and fell flat on my back and banged my head.Luckily DGS stopped running and came back to look at the strange spectacle of Gran lying full length in a big puddle :o.I was soaked from head to toe so we had to come back home which he wasnt too pleased about.Everything,& I mean everything was soaked through,just glad no-one saw me :rotfl:but blimey was I sore the next day.Can still feel my back muscles aching a bit but ok now really,just my pride dented :D

I've spent this afternoon making 2 different soups from turkey carcass bones from the freezer,trying to make some room in the freezer - doesnt work like that though does it,you generally end up with more.

DGD is here tonight & staying over.She had a lovely hol with her other grandparents,seemed like she was away ages.

I'm meeting my old school friends for Sunday lunch at a pub fairly near.My best friend cant make it-its her DGD Christening.I made a card for her and posted it off last night.2 of the ladies are coming over from Yorkshire & we usually meet at anothers house & she puts a lovely buffet on but she is expecting 2 new grandbabies imminently and wants to be able to dash off if need be.Hope you all have a good weekend x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • CANDLELIGHT Happy Anniversary to you both xxx.
  • Thank you Lyn, you have been reading Sara's blog haven't you?

Good to see you back and I am so pleased the Zebra boy was good for you.

Love to you and He Who knows

Candlelightx
  • Yup and it's lovely to see just how well they're doing too! I've just been presented to what would yesterday have been the European rhubarb mountain but today it's the UK rhubarb mountain!!! I'm chopping it to go into the dehydrator and there is a LOT of it. Ne'mind we'll enjoy it in the winter when the fresh stuff isn't there.....today thought it's an awful lot of chopping! xxx.
  • Rhubarb crumble in winter Lyn, will be lovely

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 June 2016 at 6:31PM
    snoozer wrote: »
    JackieO, I'm sorry I can't take this as lightly as you seem to. My children now fear for their jobs - son works for the Lidl you mention. Inflation will not just be seen as an excuse, many companies buy their products in dollars and guess what - the pound has tanked against the dollar, hopefully it will recover but it will take time and until then everything will cost more.

Trust me snoozer I never ever take politics lightly, a lot of people will be fearing for their jobs. Inflation will happen and prices will rise.True the pound has dropped today, but in comparison the euro has not feared quite so badly.

I do hope that Aldi's and Lidls stay in this country as they have given the big 4 supermarkets a good shove out of their complacency that you can fool the general public indefinitely.

Competition is good now and it has helped a lot of people vote with their feet when it comes to shopping.

Probably the referendum has also shocked politicians of all parties and persuasions. It is something that will reverberate for many years to come.

JackieO xx

P S Happy Birthday mean marie Hope you have had a good day xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family