PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• yummyhoney
    Options
    i'kk upate dig leter,,have all my receipts but not sure how much spening i've actually been doing:((
    Dont cry because it's over,
    Smile because it happened.

sealed pot challenge 3 #865
    Jan NSD 10/10:j Jan groc. challenge €169.18/€400
    Dec NSD ??/10 Dec.grocery challenge €230/€400:rolleyes:
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another NSD today, but that's due to the fact I'm stuck at home poorly. At least I'm not within temptation of the shops. Tea tonight is going to be toad in the hole, which I was going to have on Sunday. Instead, I'll dig something out of the freezer - possibly prawns or somesuch. I know my challenge is more of a case of damage limitation now, but I will be glad when January ends.

Kitchenbunny xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £30 in Lid today but have worked out I do now have enough food for meals for the rest of the month, should only need to buy nappies and cider (DH) and the odd loaf and milk.
    Also spent £20 in Tesco but not on food - shower curtains for home birth and some PJs! Think I will include this anyway as I need a budget for random purchases so may as well include here, then if I go over I'll know why!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Today is my 3rd NSD in a row :j Still on target at the moment, but might struggle a bit next week. We're having HM veg. soup and HM quiche tonight and I'll need to get a move on as I've had a very laid back day today and haven't acheived anything remotely productive. Thinking about eating a bit healthier -but only thinking at the moment because it's winter and I love dumplings:D

Have a good day everyone!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Reporting back in for duty after a 4 month absence :o -
    Sorry for having been missing in action for so long and a HUGE thankyou to Helen Jelly for taking care of the list whilst I was away -especially as 1 month ended up as 4 :eek:...you are a star ;)
    My op went okay -although the recovery took longer than I expected :( -Still it saved on groceries as I could hardly keep anything down for a couple of months :p-still the new meds are working now -which means I have got back into the kitchen after nearly 3 months off :eek:.... good old hubby did the shopping -AND was great at doing it economically :j-probably better than me if Im honest ...and the meals were mainly jacket potatoes -one of our faves -and one of the few things I could keep a bit of down ;)
    Im sure I have missed LOADS and lots of newbies,,,, Im sure I will catch up -eventually (not quite back to full speed yet ;))
    Hope everyone is well...
    If anyone has declared their target for FEBRUARY can they post it again -as I will never catch up with this months thread :D

Right -Im off -will "see" you when february starts
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to have you back MRSMCAWBER! :j

Well done to Helen Jelly for looking after this in your absence too! :T
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    Spent £30 in Lid today but have worked out I do now have enough food for meals for the rest of the month, should only need to buy nappies and cider (DH) and the odd loaf and milk.
    Also spent £20 in Tesco but not on food - shower curtains for home birth and some PJs! Think I will include this anyway as I need a budget for random purchases so may as well include here, then if I go over I'll know why!

I'm assuming it's the cider only for DH and not the nappies:rotfl:
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone - a NSD for me today at last and promise myself we won't need anything until Sunday.:o

SilverCo - sorry to hear your suffering with your Shoulder, hope you get some relief soon.;)

jintyb - welcome back, sorry to hear you've been ill.;)
    Kitchenbunny - hugs to you too as you've been poorly.;)

MRSMC - a huuuuuuggggeeee welcome back to you - glad the Op went well, sorry the recovery was longer than you expected, take things easy.:)

Helenjelly - a biiiiiigggggg thanks to you for looking after us in MRSMC's absence.:A

Dinner tonight is a HM steamed Steak & kidney pud which I'm steaming on the hob, potatoes, carrots and brussels which I will cook in my tiered steamer together - keep forgetting to use it - don't you find that with some kitchen things, can't get into the habit of using them sometimes.:o
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    Hi All

Just popped in to update signature. Spent £24.58 in MrM last night. Should only need milk and F&V next week.
    Need to catch up on the thread a few days behind. Good luck everyone.
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • tessasmum
    tessasmum Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    Back to update signature to reflect small shop today - had to meet someone at Tesco so took advantage and did the little shopping I needed for the weekend: clementines, squash, broccoli, bananas, muesli bars for lunchboxes, curly kale for the rabbits to eat, and chocolate spread! For the rest of the month, we are only buying what we actually Need, and no stocking the cupboards!
    December GC: £350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport