First Time Buyer

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post?
I am looking for advise on getting my first mortgage with my partner. Where is the best place to go to speak to someone about it and what kind of info will they need from us?
Also, what are the different kind of mortgages and the best ones to request/apply for?

Thanks in Advance :beer:
No One I Think Is In My Tree.:cool:

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    If you find a mortgage broker they will help you to find the best mortgage for your requirements.

With regards to info they will want:
    Personal details, name address, DoB etc.
    Income/Expenditure details.
    An idea of what you are looking for (purchase price, mortgage amount etc).
    What you want from a mortgage - cheapest, longer term stability, quickest, income stretch etc etc.

There is no "best" type of mortgage, everyone is different. You have fixed rate, trackers, offset etc. You can fix for 2 years which would be cheaper than fixing for 5 years but has less stability.

Find a broker, they will have a chat, complete a factind with you and guide you to the best lender/product for you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure