Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Comments

• It depends on the condition of the door.
    Does it look like the frame will come out reasonably easily or is it set into plaster/render both sides?
    Take a good look at the other side of the door - is it nice enough to be in your newly refurbed kitchen?
    How old is the door?
    What type of security does it have?
    As it's going in to a utility room, the weather proofing problems of reversing the door shouldn't be a problem.
    To remove and refit the existing door with new glass and a cat flap would cost about £250, to do this with a new door would be around £550.
  • Can someone message me with the contact details for the manchester company.

Thanks

David
  • Hi All can someone message me with the contact details for the manchester company too thanks very much

jenmog
  • Willimrobb88 Please could you send me details of how I can contact you to obtain a quote as I need a cat flap put into a double glazed unit.

Thanks
  • Williamrob88 - I also need a catflap putting in a double glazed conservatory door. If anyone can send me the details I'd be very grateful!
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Could someone explain how when you open the sliding patio door with a cat flap in it doesn't shatter or smash the cat flap as one door slides past the other?.. surely the cat flap stands proud of the door and would be caught and broken as you try to open it......
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I personally wouldn't put one in a pation or french door as I think they are quite ugly & not what you want in a picture window.

I'm thinking of going through the wall with a pet porte.
    Would rather not, but if I want to live without a litter tray I think I will have too.
  • Tanith,
    I have fitted these into patio doors and you can get slim line one's which don't get in the way of the other door.
  • Like THIS one
  • Hi wondered if you could contact me with your company details I live in New Moston and am interested in getting this done. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure